PDA

View Full Version : 767-300 Squirting Probe !

8che
1st Oct 2008, 10:53
OK I just have to clear this one up so please no guessing.

There is a probe with 4 holes just under the left windscreen wiper of the 767-300 (Capt side). Every time I do a left turn while taxing its squirts fluid out onto my windscream. Only a left turn !

Now before you ask the rain repellant has been deactivated for years as usual. Never seen the probe on the 757 or 767-2 and its got me foxed.

So what is it for ? Currently operating multiple sectors in a very hot climate so there is real demand on the cooling system but this may be a red herring.

H

Capt Fathom
1st Oct 2008, 11:29
Windscreen Washer ?

fix767
1st Oct 2008, 12:19
The only probe just below capts #1 window is the TAT probe. Bleed air is used to induce airflow across an internal sensor. It's all i can think off.

dazdaz
1st Oct 2008, 15:27
Just a curious passer bye . Is this fluid clear as in water, or does this fluid leave a smear on the screen?

Piper19
1st Oct 2008, 17:34
How much water is it? Only probe there is the TAT probe. This cannot collect lots of water. Only other thing I can think of is a bad seal between the left side of the radome/fuselage, so water can collect there. You have it on other 767's too, or only that particular a/c?

8che
2nd Oct 2008, 12:11
No its definitely not the TAT probe and I now notice the FO side has one but it does not leak.

The fluid is clear and could well be water.

hmmm ?