PDA

View Full Version : Question on CPL requriments?

komn
27th Sep 2008, 15:30
hi there I was wondering if someone could help, I currently have 60hrs, and was going to do 100 hrs to meet the 150 min, for CPl. I understand that you must have 200 hrs in order to apply for a CPL licence, of those 20 hrs must be vfr cross country, my question is can you use 20 of the 100 hrs hour building and do thoses x country hrs, or do they have to be done as part of a cpl course, like solo xcountrys?, and also if any one knows about the 300nm x country does this have to be done solo and do you have to have any papers signed at the two different airports at which you land?

any help would be great thank you.:confused:

LH2
27th Sep 2008, 17:29
Your cross-country time, incl. the 300nm trip, are part of your hour building. All you need is to show evidence in your logbook when you submit it to the CAA along with your 172 and the all-important SRG1187 (http://www.caa.co.uk/pldpaymentform).

Whirlygig
28th Sep 2008, 09:18
The CPL course has no solo flying element; it is all Pu/t so all the P1 hours, cross-country hours should be gained during the hour building. The 300nm qualifying cross-country is part of the PPL.

This is also a good point to get your night qualification if you haven't already done so.

Cheers

Whirls

Hansard
28th Sep 2008, 09:26
The 300 nm QXC doesn't have to be done solo, you can take pax, provided you are PIC for the whole trip. Unless the rules have changed since I did mine, you can do it at any time before you apply for licence issue, even after the CPL skills test.

Whopity
28th Sep 2008, 11:45
The 300nm qualifying cross-country is part of the PPL. No the PPL(A) X Country is 150 nm and for helicopters its 100nm

Whirlygig
28th Sep 2008, 12:02
Ah 'tis obviously different for fixed wing; the PPL(H) qualifying solo cross-country fulfils the requirements for CPL(H) issue i.e. I haven't had to do anything longer than 100nm!

Cheers

Whirls

komn
28th Sep 2008, 14:48
Hi there everyone thank you very much for your replies.

It has helped a lot with a few questions I wasn't a 100% sure with.