PDA

View Full Version : need advice from a UK flight instructor regarding conversion

Anonymus6
25th Sep 2008, 23:27
Hi,

I have a question regarding license conversion. I'm currently converting my FAA license to JAA and I'm almost done with all the theoretical exams (14) thanks to bristol grounschool. I need to do a CPL skill test on a complex aircraft. I'm planing to do it on a singel engine airplane. My question is, if anyone out there that could advice me a flight school or just a club that could get me done pretty fast and a little bit cheaper than the big flight school I have talked to (they want to ripp me off pretty much).

This is my experience as a pilot.

2000 total time
800 Multi Engine
750 Instructional given as a FI

I belong to the category that need to do two check rides, one for CPL and one for IR/ME.

I would be grateful if somebody could advice me the right way.
YOu could also PM me for any valuble info!!

Anonymus6:ok:

S-Works
26th Sep 2008, 08:15
Did all mine at Bonus Aviation at Cranfield. Friendly and honest bunch and fair priced. Don't expect anything to be cheap converting to JAA. The gold plating has to be paid for.....

Sydu
27th Sep 2008, 16:27
Check your PM's,

Cheers

janrein
28th Sep 2008, 00:36
A6, you have a PM.
Regards,

500 above
29th Sep 2008, 09:25
HI,

You have a PM.

Vortex Thing
4th Oct 2008, 17:39
Would stay away from Bonus aviation and go somewhere reputable. Some of their instructors are very good unfortunately some aren't. If you are already using Bristol Groundschool why not use Bristol Flight Centre. They have a very good pass rate and lots of spare aircraft. The amount of flying you need to do when converting is so little that differing institutions make little price difference unless you go to Oxford or Cabair.

In these times you do not know who will be operating next week, go to the big schools with lots of aircraft and on average the best instructors IMHO. You also tend to meet more people which = more leads for job hunting later. Alumni are a very necessary part of the UK job market. In fact I would say that it is more important than your ability as a pilot.

VT