PDA

View Full Version : FAA JAA Conversion

2close
19th Sep 2008, 18:28
Hi troops,

Could I ask for some assistance here, the answer to which I can't seem to glean from LASORS.

The person in question has a FAA CPL IR (SE), approx 350 hours SE plus 21 hours dual of ME but no ME Rating - all training under FAA Part 61.

He wants to convert to a JAA ME CPL IR.

He has completed the ATPL Theory.

My feeling is that he needs training as required for the CPL(A) but that if he does that plus 6 hours ME dual and the Skills Test on the ME that will give him the MECR as well as the CPL(A).

He then needs to do 15 hours ME (up to 5 FNPT I or 10 FNPT II) and the IR Skills Test for the MEIR.

The discussion is whether it can be done in 1 x Skills Test, which I am pretty certain it can't.

Grateful for any guidance on this, especially any pointers to the JAR that covers it.

Cheers,

2close

Duchess_Driver
19th Sep 2008, 19:57
2close.

I did the conversion to jaa and it can't be done in one go as far as I know. However, I did the CPL as a SE ride the then instrument conversion in a multi.

PM me if you want chapter and verse.

Whopity
19th Sep 2008, 20:26
He then needs to do 15 hours ME (up to 5 FNPT I or 10 FNPT II) and the IR Skills Test for the MEIR.

No, as the holder of an ICAO SE IR if he wants to go straight for the ME IR he must do 15 hours in an aeroplane no FNPT time is acceptable. See E1.2 Note G.

No you cannot combine the CPL and IR Skill Tests.