PDA

View Full Version : EASA FCL Proposals

dublinpilot
13th Sep 2008, 12:02
For what it's worth, I've been trying to make some comments on the EASA FCL proposals. (Their comments response tool is rather confusing at first, but worth it in the end).

One thing that I have not been able to find in the document is the section which effectly bans the use of non EASA licences. eg. an FAA holder will not be able to fly an EASA registered aircraft.

I understand that this is somewhere in the proposed regulations and would like to comment on it, but can't see it.

Can anyone point me towards it?

For anyone else wishing to make comments, here's a mini guide on how to (as I found it confusing at first).

1. Go to Rulemaking | Notices of Proposed Amendment (NPAs) (http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/r/r_npa.php)

2. Scroll down until you see the table of documents, and look to the right until you see a link for CRT (Comment response tool). Click it.

3. Half way through this page there is a link to "registration". You'll need to register. Complete the registration, which involves a verification email. (All very quick).

4. Repeat steps one and two to get back to the CRT. At the very top of the page it will say if you are logged in or not. If you are great. If not, click the log in buton on top, and log in.

5. Click "View Documents".

6. Find the document that you want to comment on, then right click the document line and select add/edit comments.

7. After a few second loading (broadband) you will see the section of the document listed on the right hand side. Find the section that you want to comment on, and click it. It will now appear on the left hand side of the screen, and you can (enlarge it first and then) read it.

8. Now on the document on the left hand side, find the paragraph that you want to comment on, and right click it. Select "Add Comment".

9. Now on the right side of the screen, you have space to add your comments. When you are finished hit the save icon at the top of the box where you just wrote your comments. (You may need to scroll up to see it).

10. At the very top of the right hand side of the screen, you can click "Back to list of segments" to go look for anoher segment to comment on.

I hope that helps someone else to comment.

dp

Contacttower
13th Sep 2008, 19:52
One thing that I have not been able to find in the document is the section which effectly bans the use of non EASA licences. eg. an FAA holder will not be able to fly an EASA registered aircraft.

I think it's on page 159 of the NPA for FCL.....the wording doesn't say "EU residents will have no foreign licence privileges in Europe" exactly although apparently it effectively means that.

robin
13th Sep 2008, 20:08
Still no information about UK CAA PPLs is there?

flybymike
13th Sep 2008, 22:45
Dublin pilot's ten point resume of how to make a simple response, sums up the closed shop mentality of this so called democratic right to comment on proposals. Until it was explained to me how to do so, I was completely defeated by the whole process. Is this deliberate?