PDA

View Full Version : How to convert ICAO CPL/IR/ME into Indonesian CPL/IR/ME ?

KSV
9th Sep 2008, 15:43
Just was wandering has anyone done this before. I've been flying in Indonesia for a few months now and find flying/working here as a fascinating experience. I would really like to get an Indodesian licence and try my luck with local operators to fly PK-... registered aircaft. I have spoken to a few people here about the procedure of converting the licence,but did not get clear answer. Is it a big problem if I don't speak Bahasa language? I make an effort to learn it now. My concern is licence conversion only, lets omit work permit/immigration issues here.
Thanks
KSV

praveenflying
6th Sep 2012, 06:13
have you figured it out Bro....?

i also wanted to know how to convert my ICAO CPL to Indonesian CPL.

how many subjects in exam ? what is the requirement, etc......!

what is the website for Indonesia aviation (the govt website.)

training wheels
9th Sep 2012, 04:56
Not all flying schools have approval to do license conversions in Indonesia. Airlines which have their own flight school are usually the ones to look for for this and they include Aeroflyer (Batavia), Merpati Pilot School (Merpati Nusantara), Nusa International (Aviastar), NAM (Sriwijaya). Costs is approx $6000 USD and involves between 5 to 10 hours of flying in a C172, three ground exams and a checkride with a DGCA inspector. The flying involves general handling (stalls, steep turns, PFL, circuits, etc), and instrument approaches (ILS, VOR/DME, NDB).

praveenflying
11th Sep 2012, 02:36
what are those three subjects bro.....?

kewlwill
29th Nov 2013, 21:36
How long will it take to completely convert?

training wheels
29th Nov 2013, 23:19
A new ruling which came in to effect October 2013 disallow foreigners to hold Indonesian licenses. That is, foreigners can no longer convert their license to the Indonesian license. Foreign pilots can only fly here on validation of their home flight crew license.

Hakeem
30th Nov 2013, 16:43
Yes you are right about the new regulation.

I gotta doubt if some one already hold an Indonesian license and wanna change the company. If he/she change the company is it the license still valid???

Because I heard the local license will be no more valid if you change the company. is it true???

One more thing,

One who already hold local license and current work permit and rated on type in local license but don't have 250 hrs on type. if he/she wanna change the company, can the person do it? Or do they come under 250 regulation again???

Thanks hope you can answer.