PDA

View Full Version : Airport Reference book

Chap6168
6th Sep 2008, 15:05
Hope someone can help, I've been racking my brains trying to remember the name and publisher of a book I once owned, and now want to purchase a new one.
It included details of all the UK airports for runway designations/lengths etc, airfield lighting service details, CAT's extra
Does anyone know this book?

Losingthewill
6th Sep 2008, 15:32
Might not be the one you were thinking of, but you won't find better than Pooleys. Can be bought loose leaf to put in binder or in normal book format. http://www.pooleys.com/prod_list.cfm?product_category_id=2&product_sub_category_id=71&menuHold=5

Chap6168
6th Sep 2008, 15:43
Thanks, could possibly have been the one, was a few years ago now, does it include the airfield lighting details ie services available?

Losingthewill
6th Sep 2008, 15:51
It does indeed. Plus pretty much everything else you'd need to know if you were flying in to any UK airfield. Runway details, nav aids, radio frequencies, fuel availability, etc...............Most pilots will have a copy and you'll find one in the bookcase of most Air Traffic Control towers.

Love_joy
7th Sep 2008, 20:04
I have a copy of the Pooleys Spiral bound guide, its brilliant and not bad value.

You could always print yourself a copy of the UK AIP, but that would be a mission :E