PDA

View Full Version : OH NO!

I. M. Esperto
5th Sep 2008, 15:29
OH NO!

His request approved, the Fox News photographer quickly used a cell phone to call the local airport to charter a flight. He was told a twin engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and shouted, 'Let's go'.

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and took off. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures of the fires on the hillsides.'

'Why?' asked the pilot.

'Because I'm a photographer for Fox Cable News,' he responded. 'And I need to get some close up shots.'

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered,

'So, what you're telling me, is .. you're NOT my flight instructor? :confused:

eikido
5th Sep 2008, 18:58
OH NOOOOO!!!! Same reaction!!
Dude is this a true story??

Contacttower
5th Sep 2008, 20:56
The fact that it was a twin implies that the pilot already had his licence....so perhaps not the potential disaster it might have seemed like on initial reading.

PaloLuney
6th Sep 2008, 03:07
No, the reporter was told there'd be a twin waiting.

He only saw a "plane". Ive never heard of a reporter who can tell the difference.

I. M. Esperto
6th Sep 2008, 03:16
This is NOT a true story, as far as I know. I thought it was humorous enough to post.:)

Lasiorhinus
6th Sep 2008, 04:39
'Course its not a true story - its been around for years. But still funny to tell students. :ok:

B2N2
6th Sep 2008, 11:41
Circulates at every airport, first time I heard it was 15 years ago..:eek:

deice
6th Sep 2008, 14:19
Anyone familiar with James Bond 007 will remember the scene with Roger Moore. Same thing and for sure it's just another story...

woodcoc2000
6th Sep 2008, 17:41
First time i heard that one; brought a smile to my face.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif