PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Cadet Waiting List

Pages : [1] 2

DenizD
30th Aug 2008, 01:42
This thread is for those who took Etihad's cadet asseessment already in Frankfurt, London, or in New York. Discussions can be about whatever aslong as we update each other as to what is going on. There were alot of complainers in the last Etihad thread so this is the result. Happy posting:D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

But as I was saying, airbus makes flying easier bradda g.....

malirm
30th Aug 2008, 12:34
Hi Thread,

I still didn't have the assessment, but I'll keep my self as an Observer...goodluck guys & guls...:ok:

Bradda G
30th Aug 2008, 16:31
Well, yes. The auto trim thing is nice. As I said, I don't mind flying anything but I like to stick fly too yah know.

Hey, let say hypothetically...we progressed to the becoming cadets. What if it only takes us 9 months to complete the frozen ATPL. Do you reckon we will move on to the line or is the classrom hours as such that it will actually take us 14months\?

What are your thoughts?

owenoundle
30th Aug 2008, 16:50
As with any class I have seen, I think you would do all your exams together and learn together so I don't think they would let you do your exams before the class would. Team work and bonding!!!

Bradda G
30th Aug 2008, 19:36
Understood...just curious. So, any ideas on GCAA regs? Is it similar to JAA in it's current set up? I understand that Horizon is planning on tailoring their curriculum to JAA standards.

DenizD
30th Aug 2008, 21:06
Im not sure what they are gonna do but capt morris said Etihad could possibly start an MPL program, that wouldn't be cool though, an MPL is like half a drivers license,

does anyone know what the expected interview dates would be? I heard november but wouldn't september make more sense?

Narayan
31st Aug 2008, 00:59
You know what that assessment reminded me of? Have you guys ever seen boiler room?

Junior Jet
31st Aug 2008, 04:48
"does anyone know what the expected interview dates would be? I heard november but wouldn't september make more sense?"

Hey DenizD, I think the interviews will be probably be late October/ early November as Sydney assessment day is the 16th September and JHB is still after that, then give them a few weeks to sort themselves out and let people know the details of the interviews. And then of course those lucky people need time to get to Abu Dhubi.

I'm only guessing but thats what I think anyway.

DenizD
31st Aug 2008, 17:40
I don't think the testing site was anything like what "Boiler Room" depicted except for the fact that some guys showed up in suits while some people (not MJetR) showed up in.....clothes.

dubble_dubble
31st Aug 2008, 23:56
lol i was sitting to the left of him haha

Btw, whatever happened to the group of applicants who got tested in abu dhabi for phase one back in june?

Narayan
1st Sep 2008, 01:00
if any of you guys got aim my screename is premedsucks

skhan11
1st Sep 2008, 06:55
I had to intervene on this one… Though it wasn’t me wearing the khakis and the polo (I was sitting next to Deniz), you ought to think twice about who you are calling an idiot. What if the guy who was wearing the khakis and the polo is reading this… I mean, what if that guy scored perfect on the tests, and became a cadet pilot for Etihad and you didn’t. Would it still be funny to you? That’s what I thought, probably not right?

Don’t underestimate people or judge them, let the recruitment team do the judging. If this is how you think about people now (without even knowing weather you made it past first round), I wouldn’t even want to know how you would think about them if you made it through to other assessments.

Even after the captain addressed multiple times that they keep a close watch on pprune, some still show their immature behavior. I don’t recall the captain saying they are looking for arrogant cadets, or people who think it’s funny to call others “idiots” even though it may be as a good joke to them. Guys, pprune stands for “Professional Pilot Rumor Network” (Just look to the top left corner of your screen), maybe we should start behaving like professionals.

On the contrary, the captain did say they shall let us know in two weeks. So one week gone, one week left. I think waiting for the results is probably more nerve wrecking and difficult than the assessment itself. Anyone else agree, or is it just me?

adriaairways
1st Sep 2008, 13:05
Anyone from europe got any news for the second round in the second week of september?

fredduciel
1st Sep 2008, 13:28
no news... I think we should have some soon, as the second week is approaching, the first who gets some post here? hope to see you guys there , how many are we from pprune already?
Adriaairways you are , joniss as well , me , who comes from the UK?
have a good day guys , good prep

fred.

joniss
1st Sep 2008, 13:44
I think the assement could be in the end of second week. because when EY said "towards the end of august" it was the 31st Aug. now in my opinion we will go in 14th or something like that.

DenizD
1st Sep 2008, 14:47
Like that idiot that decided to show up in khakis and a polo? Haha!

I hope you do not think anyone agrees with you or that just because you were wearing a suit that you have a higher chance of getting through to the next stage. He got to take the test like everyone else in the same room at the same time. He was business casual, and he didn't look sloppy. There were guys that actually looked terrible in their suits, and there were guys that looked even worse without them. He (MJetR) didn't, thats why I said, 'not MJetR'

And Skhan sorry for not answering your PM's. Like you said...busy

dubble_dubble
1st Sep 2008, 16:09
@skhan,

Didnt the capt. say that we would have to wait at minimum up until both sydney and johsburg get tested? (so that the best from all three test sites would be chosen)

I estimate that we'd start getting 'no, thank you 'and 'maybe' emails beggining of october.

The reason the europeans got the maybe and no emails so quick was that they were intended to fill the november course and not the courses for 2009, thats what the capt. said..But then again, one of the europeans on pprune mentioned earlier that not all the euros got those letters which most likely means that means some europeans candidates are being considered for 2009.

Mann I've got a terrible terrible sore throat:(

JGerke
1st Sep 2008, 18:55
Hey there,

Nope, what was said at the assessment was that after 2 weeks, we would receive the "Thanks, but no thanks" or the "Congratulations, but maybe" emails.

After the point that the SYD and JHB assessment's were complete, and all results were tabulated the "maybe" candidates would further be notified if they are successful or not (around the end of September, beginning of October).

Martin2kn4
1st Sep 2008, 19:43
I am from the UK; Manchester to be specific, and am also awaiting an update for the 2nd week of September for stages 2 and 3. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

DenizD
1st Sep 2008, 22:00
Nope, what was said at the assessment was that after 2 weeks, we would receive the "Thanks, but no thanks" or the "Congratulations, but maybe" emails.

But the Captain wasn't sure about the 2 weeks thing because he said and I quote

"What happens now?, I wanna say 2 weeks from now, (looks up, to the ceiling) I'm gonna say 2 weeks from now"

So it's obvious that he was giving a rough estimate. I wouldn't be set on the September 8th date, it's more likely the week of September 8th

dubble_dubble
2nd Sep 2008, 00:45
Jgerke,

After he said the "about 2 weeks" ; i asked the nice HR lady with the austrailian accent how would they intend to choose candidates for 2nd round and she said its all about the percentiles . She said after JHB and SYD were tested, they'd put all the scores together and choose from the top of list the number of candidates they are looking for.

Therefore, we would be waiting atleast until both JHB and SYD were tested which would be around september 18th? And give it another week or so for Etihad to process everything.. thus, worse case scenario, we'd get the email beggining of October.

Correct me if im wrong:confused:

DenizD
2nd Sep 2008, 02:06
good job dubble

check out this awesome a320 video I found

YouTube - Landing A320 Hard Crosswind ( Sidestick View ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRilx-a3Hro)

I want to fly one...now

dubble_dubble
2nd Sep 2008, 02:59
Ive seen that video before, pretty crazy...there used to be a crosswind landing a320 view from the cockpit and you could see the crazy angle the plane was coming in at and the F/O manipulating the crap out of the side stick..but the vid doesnt exist anymore

check this, my all time favorite.

YouTube - Emirates Cockpit A330 Dubai CAT II 12L in fog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUHNlYuezdY&feature=PlayList&p=2B620BFBC2F47BBF&index=102)

and turn up youre speakers the music is siccccccccccccck:cool:

Also take a look at this, its on my Top 5 List:

YouTube - Boeing 737-700 pousando em Curitiba com base curta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_JTlFHGJxY&feature=PlayList&p=2B620BFBC2F47BBF&index=93)

DenizD
2nd Sep 2008, 10:40
I remember I was flying up to New York from Philadelphia early one Saturday morning in the twinstar and when I was on approach I had to let the Autopilot fly the ILS because I didn't want to be a little high and miss spotting the ground and then have to go around and hold somewhere. But those approaches are pretty cool, scary at first, but cool

anyways...

I was just thinking about this last night. I have flown Diamond's aircrafts, and they are all composite. I remember on the DA20 "Eclipse" the first item on the preflight checklist was to check the structural temperature indicator (aircraft's thermometer). If it was too hot outside you couldn't fly because your wings could melt off or something like that. So how does a composite Diamond Twinstar survive in the desert...heat?

coral reef
2nd Sep 2008, 16:53
Great clips! The 737 captain made that look easy!

A bit off topic, but here's something interesting: Nasa wake vortices tests with two different aircraft...just watch, its hypnotic

Lockheed L1011
YouTube - NASA Airliner Wing Vortice Tests (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ESmvyAmOs)

C5 Galaxy
YouTube - C-5A Wing Vortice tests at NASA Langley Research Center (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy0hgG2pkUs)

Everyone's heard about aircraft separation for wake turbulence, but you've got to see it to get a sense of the effects!

DenizD
2nd Sep 2008, 18:17
I remember I saw a video once of a man that flew through the wake in a GA plane just to show what it would look like from the GA pilot's perspective, it looked a little scary:).

Bradda G
2nd Sep 2008, 23:48
I got even better videos...How about some SOPs on the A330 at EY??? :ok:

YouTube - Rejected Takeoff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-LSNsTIVLM&feature=related)

YouTube - Windshear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdaNTAXkpo&feature=related)

YouTube - Evacuation Procedure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4766-wb0cE&feature=related)

Enjoy!!
Bradda G

EMA747
3rd Sep 2008, 00:47
I've only just found out about this cadet scheme and am from the UK. Does anyone know if there will be any more interview sessions in the UK or only SYD and JNB? Can I still apply?

Andy S

DenizD
3rd Sep 2008, 01:32
Hey Bradda nice vids aren't they, I love the diversity of the crews:ok:

Bradda G
3rd Sep 2008, 01:58
For sure! Hopefully I get the chance to hold a command on one of those heavies. If I were to get in @ EY, Capt. Morris will be looking at a future TRE/TRI in Bradda G!!!!!!!!!:)

Martin2kn4
3rd Sep 2008, 12:58
Everyone from Europe got their revised dates for stages 2 and 3?

joniss
3rd Sep 2008, 14:37
Yes, I got the new dates

HDP
3rd Sep 2008, 16:54
Everyone from Europe got their revised dates for stages 2 and 3?

Can you elaborate? I haven't received this email yet? :confused:

fredduciel
3rd Sep 2008, 18:05
talking about the phases 2 and 3 that will happend in AD the 13, 14 and 15th of september, we got this new today morning. the pressure stands high ! great!

guys I have a conscience problem : imagine this situation that when you went to FRA for the phase 1 you met a veeeery very cute german girl, (when I say met I mean more...! ) and now you're about to fly to Abu Dhabi , and you'd like to see her again as you return from AD. the question is not "choose between a gorgeous girl and your life airborne because I have my answear and you as well ,The question is : do you find arrogant to ask EY "I would like to fly back to FRA instead of my initial destination because I want to see a girl there", would you do that?
Basically I'm serious , but ot too much , feel free in your answear !

regards guys
fred.

Phrenetic
3rd Sep 2008, 18:50
talking about the phases 2 and 3 that will happend in AD the 13, 14 and 15th of september, we got this new today morning. the pressure stands high ! great!

You mean travel on the 13th, tests on the 14, 15 and 16th? I got those dates.

guys I have a conscience problem : imagine this situation that when you went to FRA for the phase 1 you met a veeeery very cute german girl, (when I say met I mean more...! ) and now you're about to fly to Abu Dhabi , and you'd like to see her again as you return from AD. the question is not "choose between a gorgeous girl and your life airborne because I have my answear and you as well ,The question is : do you find arrogant to ask EY "I would like to fly back to FRA instead of my initial destination because I want to see a girl there", would you do that?
Basically I'm serious , but ot too much , feel free in your answear !

You can say you'd prefer to travel back to Frankfurt for personal reasons and ask if that would be possible. But if they read this board, as they said, they will know what those 'personal reasons' are :) By the way, good for you man! :ok:

DenizD
3rd Sep 2008, 18:55
Nice one Fred!

HDP
3rd Sep 2008, 21:31
,The question is : do you find arrogant to ask EY "I would like to fly back to FRA instead of my initial destination because I want to see a girl there", would you do that?

No, don't do that!

If you really want to see her, pay for a flight yourself and travel afterwards!

Bradda G
3rd Sep 2008, 22:31
I second HDP's notion. All of EY's trips should be business. Period. I reckon you deal with pleasure at your own expense.

Just my $0.02

Good luck to yah! In more ways than one:ok:

ZaaZoo
3rd Sep 2008, 22:51
Man you guys I was flying an A320 FTD and Simulator today.....and boy was it nice! I was sitting in one of the FTD rooms on lunch break, and a guy came in and as I was getting up he said ""No no no, stay on..." and after he saw the landing said "And you're in the flight attendant class???".In 5 inutes there were 6 more pilots in the room who I found out today were in training with Avianca!!!!!!!!!!.We did a flight from MSP-DTW and only touched the sidestick once to set the takeoff attitude and never touched it again-just to demonstrate how the plane can hold its own. The autoland was smooth but you could def get smoother if you did it yourself.

The plane is really nice. 3 different types of descents and climb profiles (Climb,Op Climb,VS climb...Des, Op Des, VS Des).I pulled off the smoooothest landing in boston with one engine out.The only thing I noticed was that the warning chime went off and was not able to use the auto thrust.I heard from an airbus pilot that the plane will always correct itself to "fly right", so in the full motion we tried putting in full right rudder on approach and the computers put up the left ailerons a little to correct but we still had control to do whatever we wanted! Airbus makes a very....VERY nice plane.

Now out to Dinner With my new "South American pilot" friends:E

DenizD
3rd Sep 2008, 23:15
wow Can your starting to sound like Aeromar27, 'I have friends in high places and they can't live without me, they can't believe my extraordinary flying skills, they need people like me':}:}:} (end quote)

@ Bradda G
according to this young man (ZaaZoo) they are also easy to fly.....(the saga continues)

Bradda G
4th Sep 2008, 00:59
Well, u know how it goes: Ya know how airline pilots are...just like harl:mad:ts... loyal to whoever is paying us.

DenizD
4th Sep 2008, 01:33
I've never seen one of those in real life,only in movies....

Bradda G
4th Sep 2008, 22:18
I've never seen one of those in real life,only in movies.... :confused:

What u talking about Deniz?

DenizD
4th Sep 2008, 22:30
:8harlots:8

Bradda G
4th Sep 2008, 23:54
Ooo...lol :}

DenizD
5th Sep 2008, 00:22
LOL
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/lol-47983.jpg

http://blog.orly.ch/files/lolz-you-fail.jpg

antes56
5th Sep 2008, 09:18
Hi everyone....

Any news from ethiad for the second phase in abu dhabi??

skhan11
5th Sep 2008, 09:40
Those people that got called to the first stage; it was a matter of meeting age requirements, and I believe not having a CPL (as that would be too much experience).

For the waiting list that you mention of, and for making it to second round, it is simply from test scores. No CV, no age, nothing else ( I believe that is what the captain told us). Simply top 10% of the test takers. I think the captain said something like 1/10 people will make it to second round.

As for Europe having an advantage, they never did. It was always a level playing field. It's just Etihad needed 9 to start for Nov, Europe was lucky to have the first assessments, as most of the applications and candidates were from Europe. I would assume that just to make it fair, they might take 9 less from Europe for next years start, but then I could be wrong.

Cheers

DenizD
5th Sep 2008, 14:20
Does anyone know what GCAA training to a Frozen ATPL consists of? Or is it JAA training to an ATPL? I'm confused:sad:

DenizD
5th Sep 2008, 17:49
status is ear rell a vent

Matt101
5th Sep 2008, 20:04
Hi everyone....

Any news from ethiad for the second phase in abu dhabi??

Hey assuming you were in the EU cohort too?

If you have been invited to go in August check your emails as an invite was sent out in the last couple days to the rescheduled pahse2/3.

If you are planning on attending in November you have to wait for America, Sydney & Rest of world results to arrive in before they start sending out invites.

Good Luck!

ZaaZoo
5th Sep 2008, 21:53
Aeromar is a friend dooniz....and a male flight attendant:yuk::8:}

DenizD
6th Sep 2008, 02:03
Aeromar is a friend dooniz....and a male flight attendanthttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/pukey.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/nerd.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Your a male flight attendant too sooo........:D

antes56
6th Sep 2008, 08:49
For MAT101

Yes,I went to frankfurt...and I told they i was able to come in abu dhabi for the the end of august....but,no answer yet...

I hope to receive an e-mail soon, I really want to go there!:):):)

rstrauja
6th Sep 2008, 11:05
If I applied my application yesterday,then i have no chances to get in this scheme?:ugh::suspect:

fredduciel
6th Sep 2008, 15:12
rstrauja,
maybe next year ! I think that's done for 2008/2009, not?
you can read the etihad cadet program topic , there is everything on it.
good day !
thank you guys for your point of view about my german girl I'll tell you what I will do ! enjoy your week end , good prep again and see you in AD !
fred.

DenizD
6th Sep 2008, 19:17
thank you guys for your point of view about my german girl

Fred, one day I have to meet you:E

airmanbg
6th Sep 2008, 21:24
Hello guys!

Reading the last few posts I had the bad feeling that maybe I have no chances...

I just wanted to ask you several (actually 2 things).

1st: Does GCAA is ICAO recognized?
2d. What does it mean:

The company shall be entitled to recover from the cadet on demand the sponsorship cost on a pro rata basis (i.e in proportion to the sponsorship cost incurred by the company to sponsor participation in the programme). If, prior to the successful completion of the programme the cadet:

-is for any reason expelled or prohibited from continuing the training and/or fails to complete the training within the period specified;

And for last, I will try to apply- whatever happends-happends.

If it wasn't menf for me I will continue with my CPL here in Bulgaria.

Warm regards and лека вечер! :ok:

DenizD
6th Sep 2008, 22:06
Warm regards and лека вечер! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Thats so cool how you switched from english to ...bulgarian? Did you have to use a separate keyboard?

It means that if you ail the course you have topay Etihad the money it used to train you back

лека вечер!

airmanbg
6th Sep 2008, 22:26
Bulgarian, yes.

If you want me I can use spanish (a bit french and a very few words in arabic).

Ana I use the same keyboard. :8

I got your point, DenizD, but my consern is what is this any reason.

Does it mean that if some of the instructors doesn't like the way I look I have to pay half milion Dhs? :-/

And лека вечер (pronounced: leka vecher) has the meaning of " nice evening ".

Your thoughts about is there any chances for me?

DenizD
7th Sep 2008, 00:18
NO I think once you are in Al Ain there will be nothing for you to do but study. So from a theoretical standpoint your aviation knowledge base will be strong, however with regards to flying I know how each person (instructor) has a different flying style even though there may be a syllabus. I don't think the flying will be a problem. Our job will be to take everything in their job is to flight instruct. This is obviously a very intense program because in most cases there are people going form zero to hero, hero being a A320 first officer.The flying should not be that strict at all though so there is no need top worry. Each hour will have a purpose and a lesson to be learned so you can bet that the majority of the flight training will be maneuvers and not straight and level, point to point sightseeing. I do however feel use of the autopilot will be encouraged so if you can't get the flying aspect of the training it won't be the end of the world.

Narayan
7th Sep 2008, 01:31
wow so only like tomorrow and then bam two weeks, whos excited? Im almost positive i wont make it but what the hell right this is fun. If they offer the test again tho im strait.

nomee747
7th Sep 2008, 04:16
yup.... two weeks are up... its time for etihad airways to say thanks but no thanks!!! and i guess i'm one of them... lets see....it all in the Hands of GOD!!!

DenizD
7th Sep 2008, 05:22
it all in the Hands of GOD!!!

No I'm pretty sure it's statistics.....I think I know whats coming!
|
|
|
\ /
\ /
http://www.wendycook.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/snap.jpg

forssi
7th Sep 2008, 06:34
I do however feel use of the autopilot will be encouraged so if you can't get the flying aspect of the training it won't be the end of the world.

I think if you can't fly properly, they will tell you to f**k off. I don't think flying is about turning the autopilot on and hoping for the best.

airmanbg
7th Sep 2008, 09:11
Guys, I really don't think that Etihad will spend so much money for flight training and then leave you to work as ground handling i.e.

However if you can not pass the PPL (who didn't already pass it) means that it will be difficult to fly an jet airplane...

Regards!

P.S. You didn't say what you think: Do I have any chances if I apply now?

airmanbg
7th Sep 2008, 14:49
Absolutely agree!

What about the GCCA? Is it ICAO recognized? :ugh:

dubble_dubble
7th Sep 2008, 18:05
In regards to the 2-weeks-till-you-recieve-an-email thing,

I highly highly doubt we are going to get any emails until SYD and JHB complete their assessment and Etihad procesess thier scores and compares thier scores to NYC's scores. :ok:

Narayan
7th Sep 2008, 20:02
na brew im sure well see the yes maybes this week.

DenizD
7th Sep 2008, 20:30
I don't think flying is about turning the autopilot on and hoping for the best.

Sorry to tellyou at the airlines it is, and it's not about hoping it's more like expecting the best.
I'm not sure if you have any flight training experience but I can tell you for a fact that nowadays flight trainings is based off of the plane you fly. Yuo can't forget that we are being trained to airliner standards. That basically means takeoff 1500 feet AP on. If you don't feel comfortable turn on the AP. If your not sure about something turn on the AP. Also too, not for nothing just because you can ace an assessment on the ground doesn't mean you will automatically be an ace in the air. There are alot of factors that many on the bookworms will have to get used to after transitioning from a prop cessna to a jjet one of them being on takeoff seeing nothing but sky and feeling all the power of the engines behind you. It may not seem like much until your sitting up front. Personally I remeber when I first flew a piper cheiftan (heavy twin), it was amazing! I used up more than twice the amount of runway I was used to during takeoff and climbed out at twice the speed! It's alot to take in and the airline knows it.

dubble_dubble
7th Sep 2008, 20:50
narayan,

The reason i say that we would have to wait until SYD and JHB is beacuse I asked the nice HR lady with the austrailian accent when we would recieve a reply. She said word for word: its not that simple, once we get EVERYBODY's scores including sudeny and JHB, we will choose the best of the best from that list and send the maybe emails to the successful ones and the no thanks to the unsuccessful ones.

The sooner we get the email the better, but from what i know, I think we have to wait for Sydney and JHB. Im not sure though!:confused:

DenizD
7th Sep 2008, 21:07
The reason i say that we would have to wait until SYD and JHB is beacuse I asked the nice HR lady with the austrailian accent when we would recieve a reply. She said word for word: its not that simple, once we get EVERYBODY's scores including sudeny and JHB, we will choose the best of the best from that list and send the maybe emails to the successful ones and the no thanks to the unsuccessful ones.

I see your point dubble, but that means what the Captain said about 2 weeks is wrong. I don't think that the Australian woman works in the HR department. If what you are saying is true though dubble, then why would the Captain not have said what your telling us? I also think if he said something incorrectly he would have been corrected at that moment (as happened many times during the course of the day). But who knows, maybe instead of integrating the countries/test results they will have separate training groups per country? We will have to wait and see!

Bradda G
7th Sep 2008, 21:35
Hmmm...this is a easy one y'all!:)

I reckon we will probably get the e-mail this week or next week. Why? Cuz it's a 'maybe' email. Not an invite. It will be the same thing for SYD and JHB. They will also get the 'maybe' e-mail if I am not mistaken. Now, once all assessments are complete,then and only then will they choose who they need to for phase 2.

That makes more sense to me than waiting for SYD and JHB and thereafter getting a 'maybe' email. Just my logic.

Safe flying!
Bradda G

dubble_dubble
7th Sep 2008, 23:28
Hmmm i see i see. What you guys are saying makes sense as well. why else would the Capt. say "about two weeks"?

DenizD, about the HR lady, the Capt. said, if you remember " guys, if you find the test hard, blame xxxx, shes from the HR department and she put the tests together, hahaha..." Thats why I came to tthe conclusion that she is from HR/Training department!

However, the sooner the better!:cool:

DenizD
8th Sep 2008, 02:07
Cuz it's a 'maybe' email. Not an invite. It will be the same thing for SYD and JHB. They will also get the 'maybe' e-mail if I am not mistaken. Now, once all assessments are complete,then and only then will they choose who they need to for phase 2.

Look who decided to join the party! On a serious not though, this is what I thought would happen, any 1 agree/disagree?

BTW I probably thought of this idea before Bradda G so I'll take the royalty checks;)

Bradda G
8th Sep 2008, 02:32
Well, Denis; you may have 'thought' about it but you don't have it in black and white. Therefore, you are not entitled to ANY royalties whatsoever. As a Fatter of Mact, you can send YOUR royalties here for using my pseudonym in your post. :D

Please, no personal checks or debit/credit. CASH only.

Just Kiddin'...:)

DenizD
8th Sep 2008, 03:39
pseudonym

!!!SAT word alert!!!

pseudonym=prehistoric squid

dubble_dubble
8th Sep 2008, 06:07
Hey check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE88KxFdqbI&feature=related

this is etihad A300-600F landing in Abu dhabi! Make sure to watch in high quality:ok:

Bradda G
8th Sep 2008, 10:11
Quote:
pseudonym
!!!SAT word alert!!!

pseudonym=prehistoric squid

:ouch: If you are implying that I am old school - then you are correct. Take a look at mi age; I am what you kids call a 'dinosaur'. Not a Squid. :ok:

Happy Fishing - I mean flying
Bradda G :ok:

DenizD
8th Sep 2008, 13:12
this is etihad A300-600F landing in Abu dhabi! Make sure to watch in high qualityhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

they don't have A300's

rstrauja
8th Sep 2008, 13:14
Hmmm.. so I can wait the next year... wipiiii :)) nooot.. :(
maybe some of you could suggest for my some other sponsored scoolarship.. The only one I found is CTC wings,but they also arnt answering to me :( There is one scheme in my home country in Latvia, but there is something like coruption, only the "chosen ones " can get there :( if you are lucky and you are in friends with some of people who are choosing candidates, then you can learn in spain and get sponsored 100000 EUR from AirBaltic and PAREX bank :)
So please,help me to find some other scheme :O

Rihards.

owenoundle
8th Sep 2008, 13:45
DenizD,

Think before you speak! A300-600F is a cargo aircraft flown by the Etihad cargo division, Etihad Crystal Cargo!!

David

dubble_dubble
8th Sep 2008, 14:23
tsk tsk , DenizD I didnt expect this from you berooooo:E

Etihad Crystal Cargo is Etihad's cargo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo) division, operating a fleet of three A300-600F (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A300)cargo aircraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_aircraft). It started operations in September 2004 and has since flown the first commercial cargo flight between Abu Dhabi International Airport and Frankfurt Airport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_Airport).

I believe that they also have MD11s. These cargo aircraft, however, are operated by third parties.

DenizD
8th Sep 2008, 17:12
DenizD,

Think before you speak! A300-600F is a cargo aircraft flown by the Etihad cargo division, Etihad Crystal Cargo!!
+

tsk tsk , DenizD I didnt expect this from you berooooohttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

I believe that they also have MD11s. These cargo aircraft, however, are operated by third parties. Today 09:45

Okay then you guys, goto Etihads website and tell me what the time requirements for the pilots on the A300/310 are.

Then once you don't find that out tell me why Emirates also has a gargo operation yet Atlas Airways is contracted to fly those Emirates painted 744's.

dubble_dubble
8th Sep 2008, 17:34
DenizD,

Don't take it so personally bro, I wasn't trying to attack you.

I clearly said these aircraft are operated by 3rd parties. And yes, they do/used to contract/operate MD 11's.

Etihad contracts World for MD-11 freighter service (Monday, October 08, 2007)
Abu Dhabi carrier Etihad Airways’ cargo unit has contracted US operator World Airways to provide Boeing MD-11 freighter service linking Frankfurt, Shanghai and Mumbai...

No offence intended :ok:

owenoundle
8th Sep 2008, 17:59
DenizD,

I totally agree with dubble, no offence was/is intended.

Secondly, Etihad Crystal Cargo does operate the A300-600F. It doesn't matter who they contract or if they are or are not recruiting pilots personally. The company name is flying on the aircraft and therefore it is "operated" for that company. So, saying that Etihad do not have any A300 is incorrect.

Thats was the point that dubble and myself are getting at.

Regards

David

Bradda G
8th Sep 2008, 22:41
Hey D! I gotta rub it in a bit...:)It is a A300 - 600F (F-Freighter).

Operator: Etihad Crystal Cargo (Cargo division of EY) :ok:

Had to get some in there D...no hard feelings lol:D Besides, you should be happy as a pro-airbus fella; :ooh:

:=

Ok, FIRE away boys and girls!

DenizD
9th Sep 2008, 00:31
What are you guys talking about I'm not offended we are talking about airplanes!!!!!!!!!! That last thing I want to do in a place that is being watched by Etihad is seem like a know-it-all that is easily offended! Man you Canadians are too nice!

I feel like Adam Sandler in anger management when he is on the plane talking to the flight attendant

So, saying that Etihad do not have any A300 is incorrect.

I don't agree for example:

-DHL in Brussels is Astar air cargo
-Air Atlanta Icelandic leases out classic airbuses to other airlines
-Gemini Air Cargo is Fedex, Alitalia Cargo, Lufthansa Cargo and Martinair cargo
-Polar Air Cargo, Atlas Air and Emirates Sky Cargo might as well be one in the same

When it comes to cargo operations what you see may not always be what you think, that's what I was implying in my second post. I am not offended! I like you guys alot, I wouldn't spend any of my extra time posting here if I didn't like you guys:8

owenoundle
9th Sep 2008, 01:08
DenizD,

I understand what you are trying to get at but i think it is correct to say that if an airline (Etihad Crystal Cargo) pays for another company (Air Atlanta Icelandic) for the privilege of using their aircraft (A300), then it is correct to say that Etihad C Cargo operates that type. They even state it on their website..

But I must admit I didn't realise the extent of different companies involved with one air cargo company such as gemini air cargo. We learn something new every day!!

David

DenizD
9th Sep 2008, 01:34
They even state it on their website..

That's because the general public doesn't care who owns/operates the plane as long as it is treated like "crystal cargo"

DenizD
9th Sep 2008, 01:44
Looky what I found!

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00009277.jpg

For bradda g
http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00008973.jpg

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00008152.jpg

owenoundle
9th Sep 2008, 01:55
ha,

it just doesn't look quite right!!!

Bradda G
9th Sep 2008, 02:27
Now yah talking Deniz! Picture perfect family. Cept fuh di BUS:}

DenizD
9th Sep 2008, 02:52
I don't like the way it looks either but, it's gonna happen

dubble_dubble
9th Sep 2008, 03:00
LOL

looks like a war teared through the forum!

Its all gravy in the end

and bradda from anotha motha (lool), i did say A300-600f! What are you "rubbing in":confused:

I actually sat in an A300 600F in AUH when i was there this summer, I Sat in the cockpit and one coment I'd like to make on this beautiful piece of machinery---->It has the most claustrophobic cockpit :}

rstrauja
9th Sep 2008, 08:59
thanks for your reply :ouch::=

Matt101
9th Sep 2008, 11:47
EU candidates check your emails etickets have arrived fro arrival into AUH on 13th.

Excitement!

Matt

owenoundle
9th Sep 2008, 11:52
Matt, are you going from LHR?

David

antes56
9th Sep 2008, 12:11
Wait wait....Mat are you saying you are going to AUH on the 13th???

I didn't receive any other e mail from ethiad.....I feel confused!:ugh:

Tell me more please..

Matt101
9th Sep 2008, 16:15
Hey Owen,

yes on the 1020 flight out form LHR.

Antes,

If you were originally asked if you would mind attending in August and said yes then you should have been invited out now if not expect to hear something for November I should think (I think it was first come first serve for this early one). Don't Panic! it's obviously quite a busy time for them so wouldn't worry if you don't hear anything for a bit.

Matt

antes56
9th Sep 2008, 16:46
I wrote to them that I was able to go in Abu Dhabi at the end of August....but nothing new since that day...

Maybe you are right,they are so busy now that probably contact me later...

So,good luck for the interview and keep us up-to-date ....

Regards

nomee747
9th Sep 2008, 17:03
hey Matt,
Congratularions bro.... any idea if its business class or economy...?

coral reef
9th Sep 2008, 17:52
congrats on Phase 2 in AUH! I'm from the NY group and still anxiously waiting for results...

Have you ever flown with Etihad before? Their cabins look unbelievably classy and comfy

nomee747
9th Sep 2008, 19:14
ive flown thier j/cl... and i must say they have a great service, expecially with their seat configrations...every seat is an aisle seat...

dubble_dubble
9th Sep 2008, 20:34
Congrats matt! I could imagine how you're feeling:ok:

I've flown on the A346 and A332 on First, Business and Economy (diamond/pearl/coral zones).

Very very spacious on all three classes, nothing so far beats the first class seats and service! With the "anytime menu" (kind of like all you can eat premium food) and the lovely wine list.. mmmmm Also, on the A346, the First class has a little lounge area right behind the cockpit with fruits and snacks and ofcourse, flirty F/A's:cool:

I flew from Toronto to Abu Dhabi this summer on First Class, a 14 hour flight, I didn't feel a thing! The seat becomes a complete bed with full size pillow and full size comforter and thick comfy sheets.:E

Back to reality, anyone else checking thier emails non-stop from thr NYC assessment?? sighhhh

nomee747
9th Sep 2008, 21:04
my vacation is currently placed on hold due to this. I hope that the NY results are out ASAP!...

malirm
9th Sep 2008, 21:21
Hope to see you in AD...Congrats...if you need any help of any kind...just PM me & I'll give you my contact no. (only if you want).

Hope you make it through the interview & the cadet training...:ok:

Sorry ppl, I know that this thread is for those who had the EY tests, but I had to welcome the EU guests (the expected new expats) & provide help for their first steps into this country...although EY would do that.

Good Luck...:)

Bradda G
9th Sep 2008, 22:00
Back to reality, anyone else checking thier emails non-stop from thr NYC assessment??

I'm like a mad dog on the e-mail checks Dubs...:8 You are not alone :)

coral reef
9th Sep 2008, 23:13
haha my routine has basically become every three or four hours, check email, check pprune for news, check email again in case something came up in the last minute, then go back to doing whatever I was doing. :)

Looking at Etihad's Diamond, Pearl, and Coral zones, I'd say they're the best looking interior of any airline today. I got to go Toronto-Tokyo this summer on Air Canada 773ER, and walking through business class was, to be honest, not too impressive. AC uses the herring-bone seating arrangement, and for some reason it looks very unusual, and uncomfortable to look out the window. Colour are not warm and welcoming, and the food in economy is nothing to talk about, and in some cases looked and tasted a week old. Quite disappointing, to add to the list, was that the IFE map didn't work, so you never knew where you were.

I remember about 6 years ago on a flight in Saudi Airlines, each seatback screen also got a feed from cameras showing a front and bottom view, which was awesome. Do you know if Etihad has cameras as well?

DenizD
10th Sep 2008, 02:38
I was looking at some old posts and I found out that the guys who took the test in EU on the 28th, 29th and 30th of July got a response on August 7th that was 8 days.

We will probably have to wait until the guys from Europe being interviewed come back home probably after the 16th of this month:bored:

skhan11
10th Sep 2008, 03:36
I was looking at some old posts and I found out that the guys who took the test in EU on the 28th, 29th and 30th of July got a response on August 7th that was 8 days.

Deniz, I thought of that long ago. And I also thought if they took 8 days, we should take less than half the time as we had maybe a quarter of the candidates that wrote the tests in Europe. But that theory proved to be wrong.

Also, I don't think the EU guys going to AUH mid-month would have anything to do with us getting our results. If anything, the delay might be caused by JNB, and SYD assessments. And they might just give us a firm "yes/no" rather than a "maybe yes/no"...

But then again that would be sheer speculation on our part. The only thing we have concrete to work with is the captain said 2 weeks... so hey, there is this whole week to go by... I personally beleive if not this week, they might just wait it out till JNB and SYD's results are in...

As for the waiting, it's getting harder by the minute. I get this wierd feeling everytime I open my email. It's like my heart starts beating faster, until I realize it's not from Etihad, and then back to normal..lol

SwissCheese
10th Sep 2008, 04:00
I would assume that Etihad will process the tests and interviews with the EU, and based on how many pass/fail that stage, would directly correlate to the number of "yes/no" that NY, JNB and SYD will get. Since if I recall... 50 candidates were to be selected this year, so let's say if only 10 got accepted in EU, then they'd be handing out more "yes" emails to the rest of us, no?

Remember, that there is a security clearance, so say you have a criminal record, they may just say goodbye without having you going through the physical tests or whatever they'll be assessing in Stage 2.

Just my assumption.

DenizD
10th Sep 2008, 04:10
Also, I don't think the EU guys going to AUH mid-month would have anything to do with us getting our results. If anything, the delay might be caused by JNB, and SYD assessments. And they might just give us a firm "yes/no" rather than a "maybe yes/no"...

The reason I think we have to wait is becuase Etihad is devoting most of their time to interviewing all those EU guys (as cadet pilots) as well as actual pilots that are coming their way. Also it was mentioned by Capt Morris at the assessments in NYC, that he (and/or another anonymous capt:)) would be in AUH conducting the final interview. SO with them being in AUH they won't be able to hold tests during that time.

HDP
10th Sep 2008, 06:19
Well I emailed the Cadet Pilot team to ask for an update, and they replied within 12 hours giving me the tentative dates for the second assessment in Abu Dhabi.

Not going to give the exact dates, but it's later than I thought... maybe because the first one was postponed?

antes56
10th Sep 2008, 09:04
Anyone else from EU receive the e-mail for the second phase in Abu Dhabi??

For HDP:

Can you say aproximately when? like the end of september or the mid-october???

thanks

JGerke
10th Sep 2008, 10:11
Everyone from NYC check your email - assessment results have come through...... for myself, unsucessful unfortunately... :(

HDP
10th Sep 2008, 11:58
Antes56,

It's towards the end of November...

antes56
10th Sep 2008, 12:33
the end of november????:}:}

EYZ
10th Sep 2008, 15:24
AS I understand it the second round for LHR/FRA/SYD/JFK and JNB would be in the last week of November, with a course starting Feb time.

rmoller
10th Sep 2008, 15:40
thanks for the information EYZ

Phrenetic
10th Sep 2008, 16:05
Anyone else from EU receive the e-mail for the second phase in Abu Dhabi??

I'm also invited to Abu Dhabi this weekend :ok:

antes56
10th Sep 2008, 16:14
why are they doing this?...someone is invited there this weekend...someone say they probably do the 2nd round in november....

:bored:

Bradda G
10th Sep 2008, 16:40
Same for Bradda...unsuccessful. Will try again next time round

Cheers!:ok:

PS good luck to those who made it through:)

nomee747
10th Sep 2008, 17:04
three down... same here got the unsuccesful email....

im just wondering the percentile level which is used to pass these tests...

MJetR
10th Sep 2008, 17:11
I too got the email this am. Unsuccessful. I will try again in April.

I wonder who/how many from NA got through. EU was 220 with 170 failed??

zwarriorz
10th Sep 2008, 17:45
just woke up and checked the e-mail..

It says that I am successful and under consideration for second phase. But it also says that there will be a second notification about whether I am officially selected for the second interview. The time is "late november". =)

I took the exam in NY on Aug 25th, btw.

SwissCheese
10th Sep 2008, 20:56
I was unsuccessful as well, I'd be interested in my score vs the NYC group vs the rest of the candidates to see where I stand.

zwarriorz
10th Sep 2008, 21:43
Late november for the 2nd assessment.

melvin_arnold
11th Sep 2008, 06:41
Anyone else from NY get an email, how did you go, I got my assesment on the 16th :8

forssi
11th Sep 2008, 06:48
Who else from NY got an invite?

I take not many since you guys are very quiet...:hmm:

121ace
11th Sep 2008, 07:45
To all fellow brits,

Let me know if you are of those who are being considered for the second stage in Late November.

Cheers.

P.S. Northern Americans, why so quiet all of a sudden, tell us how you did?

leyahl
11th Sep 2008, 07:54
I'm also a Brit waiting for info on November. Why d'you ask? All this waiting is just making me more and more eager to get in!! Yes, what happened, particularly to our rather vocal American twins?

dubble_dubble
11th Sep 2008, 08:59
The only day I was away from home all day I get the email

Unsuccessful I'm afraid! So far just one candidate on pprune got the maybe email? Geeeez

Id really like to know how I did though on the exam just to get a feel of how competitive this actually is. (I really felt as thought I aced the assessment...)

If only top 10% are sent the "maybe" email, that means in the NYC assesment of 39 ppl, or 3.9 = 4 ppl got a maybe email?

It's funny how most NYC people are just quiet right now...better luck next time fellas and congrats to those who made it:cool:

121ace
11th Sep 2008, 09:48
I think the break down of figures is for europe was as follows;

228 attended stage 1 tests

58 Passed
170 Failed

About 25 % made it through.

Now out of these 58 , some will be going to stage 2 in abu dhabi in a few days. The remaining majority from europe, as well as the few from JFK,SYD and JNB will attend round 2 in late novemeber. There will be at least 48 places available in the Novemeber assessments for the 2009 start guys. My estimate is about 40 people from europe and 30 from the rest of the world; 70 in total will be fighting for the remaining 48 places.

joniss
11th Sep 2008, 10:28
to 787

well actually I know I made a couple of mistakes in the tests. And now I am going tu AD this sunday so as caiptain said in FRA you don't have to be perfect you just need to pass the minimal mark.

121ace
11th Sep 2008, 10:39
Leyhal, I'm just curios as to whether most of the brits opted to go to the earlier stage 2, or like you and me are waiting for the later one in november

HDP
11th Sep 2008, 10:51
121ace,

I couldn't make the first group in Abu Dhabi because of work commitments...

I'm also holding out for the second group at the end of November.

rumpelstiel32
11th Sep 2008, 11:53
by HDP
Well I emailed the Cadet Pilot team to ask for an update, and they replied within 12 hours giving me the tentative dates for the second assessment in Abu Dhabi.

Not going to give the exact dates, but it's later than I thought... maybe because the first one was postponed?

Is this email adress stated anywhere on their homepage? I wanted to mail them due to the fact that i have a few questions, but didnt found one.
Would you give it to me, or is this just for the people who already attended stage 1?

HDP
11th Sep 2008, 12:14
Is this email adress stated anywhere on their homepage? I wanted to mail them due to the fact that i have a few questions, but didnt found one.
Would you give it to me, or is this just for the people who already attended stage 1?

It's just [email protected]

leyahl
11th Sep 2008, 13:35
Fair enough 121. I said I wanted to go in oct/nov since I had commitments late august, though I stressed that I would be MORE than happy to give up said commitments to have the opportunity in august if needs be. I swear there was more than just 2 UK ppruners going for the later stint?! Hopefully see you there for a cigar at sundown what what!

melvin_arnold
11th Sep 2008, 13:45
Im very curious to know if anyone from NY made it now considering most people have said they didn't and i think it was only 2 people who got a myb. I wonder how DenizD went ?

stonyisland
11th Sep 2008, 14:13
Haha, yeah it sure has quieted down dramatically from the time before the emails were sent. Anyway, I took the test in NY and wasn't selected but congratulations to those who were. Just like the email said, in 6 months we can re-test, albeit a completely different test but from taking this initial test we all got to see our weak points (mine is math) and can work harder on them for March.

SAS-A321
11th Sep 2008, 14:29
Hmm I have not received an answer... yet...

airmanbg
11th Sep 2008, 15:05
Guys, just to let you know that I sent an e-mail to Etihad asking them is it too late to send my application and they say:
Dear Applicant,

Feel free to submit your application and let us know if you have any location that is suitable for you.
By saying: any location suitable for you they mean any of the cities mentioned : SYD, JHB, NYC, because for me will be easyer to go to AUH (my mother lives in Dubai) or?
Regards! :ok:

dubble_dubble
11th Sep 2008, 16:12
I'd love to re-test, however, competition is going to be 10 times worse next time roung. Mark my word, etihad is going to advertise the crap out of the cadet program. Also, Im sure the numbers of spots will decrease give current market conditions.

Just goto the middle east section on pprune, almost every single day, at least 1 new person/ppruner is acquiring about working for Etihad. Specially since Emirates stopped all hiring.:ugh:

Our safest bet was to get in the 1st time round. Anyways, congrats to the only 1 who made it on pprune (lol) from NYC.

AND STOP PRIVATE MESSAGING ME IM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT THE HELL IS ON THE ASSESSMENT.

does this look like a charity?:=

Geeeeeez

dbl

airmanbg
11th Sep 2008, 17:04
I am really sorry that I did PM you, dubble_dubble! :confused:

I didn't know it will become such a big problem for you...

However don't you think that is normal to know what the test will be?

At least when I went to Eurocontrol last year there were a lot of info about the FEAST from the previous group.

Never mind!

Wish you nice evening (day or whatever you want)! :)

coral reef
11th Sep 2008, 17:23
I'm from the NY assessment, I got the successful and under consideration e-mail :)

joniss
11th Sep 2008, 19:28
airmanbg...
when you will go to your assesment the captain will say you that you decrease your chances to get in by revealing what is in the assesment to everybody...
so I think that no one will say you that...

airmanbg
11th Sep 2008, 20:13
That was nice answer and I am thankful that you said it that way instead of "shouting" at me! :ok:

Felicidades!

Bradda G
11th Sep 2008, 23:17
So far only two p-pruners have made it thru from the NA assessment. Interesting...anyway, second time around will definitely be better than the first [If it comes around...]

No worries tho'...I'll just continue with my current career.

PS NA people are a little quiet cuz the e-mails have to 'soak' in...:} Not the end of the world fellas. Where are you all?

dubble_dubble
12th Sep 2008, 00:59
airman,

sorry it was not directed at you, i was just saying in general.

I felt the same way as you do now when the europeans did thier assessments and they were being so tite and not giving any info. It was really annoying, however after i did the NYC assessment, i felt what they were feeling about giving out ANY info and plus, they told as at the assessment not to leak a single WORD about the whole thing.

WHen you do your assessment, you will feel the same mark my word.

Congrats asmirc! lucky you guys!

airmanbg
12th Sep 2008, 10:33
airman,

sorry it was not directed at you, i was just saying in general.

I felt the same way as you do now when the europeans did thier assessments and they were being so tite and not giving any info. It was really annoying, however after i did the NYC assessment, i felt what they were feeling about giving out ANY info and plus, they told as at the assessment not to leak a single WORD about the whole thing.

WHen you do your assessment, you will feel the same mark my word.

No probs!

I thought that you could be afected in a way...

I just wanted to know what could I expect.

Sorry if I was bothering you in any way!

Regards!

dubble_dubble
12th Sep 2008, 18:04
Ok cool:ok:

However, let me give you one piece of advise, DO NOT GET NERVOUS!

I was ok all day, but when i got to the assessment hall, my heart started pounding hard. Was not a very pleasant experience and Ive never felt that nervous about somthing. I'm certain that my nervousness did affect my performance and thats just life, working under tremendous pressure:cool:

airmanbg
12th Sep 2008, 18:47
Thanks for the answer.

I have some experience- I went to FEAST test with Eurocontrol but you are 150% right! ;-)

¡Hasta la próxima!

DenizD
13th Sep 2008, 03:35
Im sorry I've been away, I couldn't stop crying. I'm serious, I haven't cried in like 5 years until I saw that email.

I hope you guys from Canada aren't discouraged we will see each other again in six months and this time we will be much more prepared and realxed! We will hve the upper hand and we will know what to expect! We are all young and we still have time. Let me put it to you this way, there are 50 year old first officers on the A320's here in the US, so we didn't make it this month, but in a couple months from now we will and we'll be some of the coolest young pilots for the worlds most exquisie airline! Even Captain Morris had to take his test aptitude twice before he mad it in the flying division of the Jamaican Army, and now he is a Captain on one of the worlds largest planes, and he's still one of the coolest pilots I ever met! And we only met him once. You guys are the kind of people I wanna fly with so I guess I gotta keep ma head up....

So I'll see you guys in six months, for the 2nd ever Etihad Wannabe Cadet Pilot Meet of 2009. MJetR will buy the beers and mayb this time Bradda G will actually show up. And who knows maybe there will be some women?

Okay down to buisness, I got your answers get em while they're hot!

(I'm just kidding you guys, i won't give you any answers so please don't flood my mailbox like you did 4weeks ago)

Bradda G
13th Sep 2008, 10:03
Well, let's put this into perspective fellas.Supposedly, only 3 or 4 peeps got selected. So, the odds were really tough. I don't think that those that weren't selected (including myself) 'failed'. They chose the top 3 or 4 people. That's all. I for one didn't fail the test. Just didn't get the highest of overall scores. And believe me, I am not intellectually challenged by any means. Aptitude Tests sometimes can pull a fast one on yah. Let me give you an example:

The configuration manager at my old job has a BSc in Pure Mathematics and got a 580 on the Math SAT while in High School. She is a really smart lady too! A little strange right? I on the other hand, managed to get a a score of 690 on the Math and I am not a mathematician [Some will argue that tho' as my current career is somewhat math related...]. Anyway, my point is an 'aptitude' test is by no means an indicator of ones intelligence. IMHO, intelligence can not be quantified.

However, tests have to be used in this case to reduce the pool of applicants on a fair playing field.

Will get 'em next time.:ok:

Oh well, off to my next project......

Cheers,
Bradda G

PS - Good luck to everyone who made it thru:ok: Deniz, sry about that thing, cudn't make it due to emergency pop up.

melvin_arnold
13th Sep 2008, 14:03
Bradda G you seem very confidant about not failing, i mean sure u might have passed but what makes you so confident that you passed that test mate, did u get to see your results or so ?

DenizD
13th Sep 2008, 14:21
DenizD,

I recall you saying that you had no problem on the assessment day, and did not know what the EU guys were complaining about

Don't start that crap. Most of the guys in the EU said there was too much math. Seriously, there wasn't.

I didn't have a problem with the test, I actually saw most of the questions before the test becayuse of a couple of websites that were suggested.

Bradda G
13th Sep 2008, 14:25
No, no results known; however, I was familiar with most of the material.

Disclaimer
My postings here are just my opinion. I am by no means advocating that I am incapable of 'failing' an exam. I have before and may probably fail another in the future. My point is, I knew the material. Can't elaborate anymore cuz I don't wanna give away the test.

Good luck to you Melvin and Happy Flying:ok:

EYZ
13th Sep 2008, 15:46
From what I hear, there are 6 tests, to be selected you need to do very well in all those test. (for very well, read pass) if you dont pass one you dont go on, it seems.
As for doing it again, I'm sure it will run again, my person in EY, said look out for the advert in October that will detail the 2009 plan.

Chin up!!

malirm
13th Sep 2008, 19:14
Hi ppl, I just finished with the Emirates' A380 private investigation, the avionics bay was mostly damaged (burned) mainly because of poor cooling & high heat emissions, where they had to deploy the RAT to land the aircraft at DXB...they were keeping it in hangar H (away from anybody's sight...I had to walk all the way from hagar B, but only the A380 Technical support crew from Airbus were allowed in...!!!, so, simply I asked the policeman (who gave me the info not knowing that it is classified :D).

:(...sorry for most of North America cadets...no one expected it...anyways, hope we find out in Oct. the assessment dates & get really ready.

EYZ
13th Sep 2008, 19:15
No, every test is word for word the same, how could Etihad run different tests, there would be complaints from here and there about somewhere being easier than somewhere else.

As someone said earlier, the next time around it should be easier as we know the format, if not the exact tests coming!

DenizD
13th Sep 2008, 21:47
Were the exact same tests administered in all the testing locations? Surely Etihad would have varied them up a bit, by that i mean same topics different content???

I remeber there were pen markings on my test in NYC.

I think that the kid who got through was the one who forgot to hand in one of the parts of the test and everyone was like "OMG theres only 38 answer sheets WTF!!!!!!" Sylvia, (the insanely smokin F/A) was like "Ya, only 38" We should have gotten married or something. I cry everyday now:(

dubble_dubble
13th Sep 2008, 23:04
That Kid Was Me :{

and ya my tests had pen marks on 'em/ But i remeber the Australian HR lady saying that the tests would be different next time:}

DenizD
14th Sep 2008, 00:30
Next time probably being next year, I wonder if we could keep this thread going for a year.......in the meantime I'm gonna try to get a job working one of these:)

http://www.nrhs.com/natdir/fall03/lirr-motive-power.jpg

Bradda G
14th Sep 2008, 03:26
Hey D, if you are serious, I have some contacts in the Engineering Dept. @ Metro North and NYC transit. Send me a PM...

fredduciel
14th Sep 2008, 06:20
Hi guys ,
I hope everybody's allright, I've just arrived to Abu Dhabi and let's tell you that you don't need pull-overs ! wish good travel to all the other europeans coming today (who are airborne right now I think , assessments are to begin tomorow so good luck to all , see you here tonight maybe,
good day to all bye bye

fred.

nomee747
14th Sep 2008, 06:22
Hey guyz,
EY has just posted another position for their Cadet Program (Sr. Recruitment Officer)

IN the job description , it has been specified that EY will be recruiting 150 cadets every year....

So theres another hope!!!

HDP
14th Sep 2008, 11:37
EY has just posted another position for their Cadet Program (Sr. Recruitment Officer)

IN the job description , it has been specified that EY will be recruiting 150 cadets every year....

So theres another hope!!!

I think this figure of 150 includes the Emirati nationals they are recruiting as cadets.

coral reef
14th Sep 2008, 17:20
All the best to everyone doing Phase 2 in Abu Dhabi :)

Fred, how was the flight?

dubble_dubble
14th Sep 2008, 17:26
Definetly agree with HDP. Even if they dont need anymore cadets, they have to hire/assess local cadets!! Thats just government policy within ALL industries in the UAE!

Fred, glad to hear your in AD! How hot and humid is it there right now?! Actually the weather should be a bit better, its August thats the killer:cool:

malirm
14th Sep 2008, 19:46
Hi cadets...good luck for you all...

Nice to see you tonight Fred (& other cadets), best of luck to you & to other EU candidates for your Psychomotor Tests tomorrow, hope to see you tomorrow to continue our trip(s) :ok:

about the 150 cadet training per year, I guess it will be a 1:2 ratio (Other Nationalities : Emarati )...

DenizD
14th Sep 2008, 19:56
Hey D, if you are serious, I have some contacts in the Engineering Dept. @ Metro North and NYC transit. Send me a PM...

Check up on them PM's bradda:O

nomee747
14th Sep 2008, 21:01
Dear HDP,
This is in addition to the recruitment of nationals...... its further mentioned on that position.

HDP
14th Sep 2008, 21:45
Nomee747
This is in addition to the recruitment of nationals...... its further mentioned on that position.

I didn't read it like that. It says:

The Etihad cadet pilot programme is expanding rapidly with 150 candidates expected to be recruited per year. In addition to UAE nationals candidates are also recruited worldwide.

Looks like there's the UAE nationals, and in addition, they have some international cadets... :ok:

antes56
15th Sep 2008, 09:40
I want to wish good luck to all the guys in Abu Dhabi for the 2nd phase...

:ok:

melvin_arnold
15th Sep 2008, 12:41
I understand that you are not meant to comment on the test that you guys did in NY but iv got one question, if you fell that its not right to answer plz let me know and if it is answerable thanks in advance.

In regards to the maths questions do we get a calculator or is it all mental calculations :confused:

HDP
15th Sep 2008, 13:09
In regards to the maths questions do we get a calculator or is it all mental calculations http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/confused.gif

No calculators allowed, but you can use scrap paper if you want...

Personally I didn't need any, found them all easy enough to do in my head.

DenizD
15th Sep 2008, 15:31
I want to wish good luck to all the guys in Abu Dhabi for the 2nd phase...

And I want to wish good luck to all the guys in Abu Dhabi...during ramadan:ok:

EYZ
15th Sep 2008, 17:34
From my information the 150 that Etihad mentions should be 100 nationals and 50 internationals, odds dont seem to bad really!!

DenizD
15th Sep 2008, 18:36
EYZ I love you in a totally non-gay way:ok:

Quick question for you, should I reapply now, or do I have to wait 6 months and then submit another application? Could you ask your source:hmm: for the dates of next years assessments?

If anyone could answer that I would appreciate it.

Oh and for anyone who cares I only cry right before I goto sleep now, so I would say I'm in the fast lane on the road to recovery! Skhan11 it's okay, send me a PM.

airmanbg
15th Sep 2008, 18:52
Oh and for anyone who cares I only cry right before I goto sleep now, so I would say I'm in the fast lane on the road to recovery!

Hey, Deniz, that is wonderful, mate!

Go go on with the recovery, cause Etihad is waitig for you! ;-)

Warm regards! :)

ausnz
16th Sep 2008, 06:27
Hey Denizd
We were told today that you have to wait six months from sitting the aptitude test before you can reapply, because you cant retest for 6 months for some reason (something to do with the validity of the aptitude test??). Besides they are improving the initial application for the assessment...turning it into just an email

Waiting game begins for yes/no email....you can cut the tense air with a knife!

antes56
16th Sep 2008, 09:08
Hey guys....any news from the ones in Abu DhabI???

How was the interview and the other things??

tell us please....:ugh::)

malirm
16th Sep 2008, 22:31
Most of the candidates here in AD left tonight (20 GMT), I think they are now in their way back home (in-flight)...:ok:

They had a Psychomotor test, Personality Profile test & the Interview...I'll leave them talk about it sometime after 12 hours (reach home & sleep)

Good Luck for the ones in November...

121ace
17th Sep 2008, 12:56
Hey malirm, I thought there were going to be some group exercises as well? Do you know whether the cadets were told there and then if they had made it and were they given a medical, also how many in total turned up from europe?

Thanks.

malirm
17th Sep 2008, 13:47
All what you mentioned above is to be done in the 3rd Phase...thats what they said when I saw them in the Hotel (before they left)...hope all of them do it to the next stage...:ok:

Can't wait till Oct to get next year's assessment time table

121ace
17th Sep 2008, 14:01
I thought both stages 2 and 3 were being done over the four days. So the guys are going to be flown in again, any idea of when this 3rd stage is?

Thanks.

EYZ
17th Sep 2008, 16:12
The candidates did do a group exercise from my knowledge, the medicals will take place within the next few weeks, after all November is close!!Lets see how many got through, fingers crossed

DenizD
17th Sep 2008, 20:33
EYZ, what would happen if I applied before the 6 month period?

Gas prices are rising, I can't get my commercial because Etihad doesn't want cadets with a CPL, and now more than ever there are much more qualified pilots in the market now that so many airlines are failing. I know Etihad isn't great but, especially with cadets getting 40% of their pay taken, but EK, EY, GF, and Qatar are the only guys still hiring.

ausnz
17th Sep 2008, 21:38
I know you didnt ask me but this is what we were told...
We were told that they wouldnt accept the request to attend the testing (as I think the new initial application is just an email confirming you meet all the minimum criteria which they must be updating soon I think) but the dates will be up end October for next year, hopefully for testing mid next year, apparently they will be posted on pprune! along with flight International and the Etihad website of course.... hope that helps

EYZ
18th Sep 2008, 06:35
Den,

I think you need to be careful with the "Etihad is not great" "but they are the only ones hiring"

2 things spring to mind, firstly what makes Etihad not great in your experiance of Etihad, or are you basing this on the pprune information? Where would you like to go, an American airline that is in and out of chapter 11, or maybe a european one, who apart from maybe 3 could go bust at any point or maybe an Asian airline on a contract, so that when the going gets tough you are the first one to get going?

The second point would be if your thinking of coming to Etihad because at least they are hiring, I think maybe they are looking for a little more motivation than that, a real passion is a bit of a requirement.

Maybe you were tired, maybe I just misread your post, but I think you should re think your ideas, after all I hear people from Etihad read this site too!!:mad:

melvin_arnold
18th Sep 2008, 08:54
I totally agree with EYZ. DenizD if the only reason your applying to Etihad is coz they are the only ones hiring i think thats a bit pathetic considering your applying as a cadet, i dont think Etihad want cadets who are going just to apply for the sake of getting a kik start in their airline. Srsly mate if you dont think their great dont apply in 6 months coz i sure as hell know if i was sitting in the cockpit with a F/O or Capt and he had that attitude towards the airline i would be pissed off coz i would know how many more other serous applicants out their who rely do want to fly for Etihad not just coz they are hiring.

malirm
18th Sep 2008, 09:48
Hi Deniz...I went through your last post yesterday & didn't want to reply...I don't want to go against your ideas (its your right), but I think this isn't the way to speak about your Potential Future Employer...I'm Loyal to Abu Dhabi before being Loyal to Etihad before being loyal to any other UAE airline...& I say that plz make a research on the life expenses in Qatar, Bahrain or Dubai...& you'll find out why they pay you this much, if you come to my side of view I would prefer to work for Etihad with 40 % (not 60%) of the original pay (why:confused:...it makes me proud in working in my City's Airline or generally the Country's Airline) rather than working with EK (no offense) with twice the pay (HONESTLY).

By the Way...Etihad is the fastest growing airline in the region, so its obvious to have them hiring now & in the future...:)

Calm Down :ok:

coral reef
18th Sep 2008, 18:11
True, more tension after the assessment. How did it go? Were there a lot of candidates?

DenizD
19th Sep 2008, 00:31
I think you need to be careful with the "Etihad is not great" "but they are the only ones hiring"

2 things spring to mind, firstly what makes Etihad not great in your experiance of Etihad, or are you basing this on the pprune information?EYZ, maybe I did jump off into the deep end, but if Etihad is watching (they are) then they would know that there own pilots complain. But I do get most of my information from pprune (what's wrong with that), because after all it is for professional pilots and most pilots on here are, and where else in the world can a pilot gain information from current employees of an airline about it's current condition. I especially have become interested in the Mid East section of the pprune forums (during the time after the assessments).

Here are some posts I found regarding Etihad:

This cannot be true is it??? :ugh:

Dear friends,

Now that we all accepted minimum rest at home base between 2 night turn-around flights or between 2 european sectors, we will face minimum rest on lay over.
Dhaka has started with 14 hours lay-overs, and as from end of August, we will have 12 and 14 hours lay-overs in CDG, and starting in October, FRA and MUC will follow, as we increase the weekly frequencies to 10 flights a week.

Thus, now, you will be able to fly every 12 hours, whatever in AUH or outside base, without overtime. Welcome to new age of slavery. All the promises of coming to an end of minimum rest are fake, as usual.Let's face it. We don't need any salary increase as we will spend our free time between 2 flights to RECOVER and try not to kill ourselves and our fellow passengers on the next flight. If you have a family, well, take a nice picture of them and bring it along with you on board, coz that will be the best way to see them in the near future.I'm just looking to get a feel as to how others view 12 hours down route. Currently it seems its EY's Fav thing. There excuse is that the pilots prefer to have little time downroute and more time at home, however there is no requirement to have anytime off after say a 12 hour layover in JNB or MAN.
I suppose the main thing is, is it safe? my guess is not...thoughts?:=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ melvin_arnold

I totally agree with EYZ. Nice try, you still don't get any points

if the only reason your applying to Etihad is coz they are the only ones hiring i think thats a bit pathetic considering your applying as a cadetlet me respond to this with another point form EYZ that I think you may have missed (BTW spatial orientation, it's important)........

Where would you like to go, an American airline that is in and out of chapter 11, or maybe a european one, who apart from maybe 3 could go bust at any point or maybe an Asian airline on a contract, so that when the going gets tough you are the first one to get going?
i dont think Etihad want cadets who are going just to apply for the sake of getting a kik start in their airlineWho said this! I never want to fly in the US, it's over crowded and the copilots here that fly saab 340's think they are gods. I applied because I love flying an all things realted to it. When I found out that an airline was going to invest their money into making pilots of land people I wanted to be on that line!

rsly mate if you dont think their great dont apply in 6 months coz i sure as hell know if i was sitting in the cockpit with a F/O or Capt and he had that attitude towards the airline i would be pissed off coz i would know how many more other serous applicants out their who rely do want to fly for Etihad not just coz they are hiring.Thank you, for that I feel the same exact same. But the reality is there are some pilots that are like that. Me not being one of them. I think it is funny that you didn't mention this on the other thread when there were those discouraging cadets from applying. I responded to those posts much the same way you have done to me.

Here is a link to about all things Etihad airways, you should definately read it,
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/249792-etihad-employment-threads-merged-all-you-need-know.html

@ malirm

Etihad is the fastest growing airline in the region, so its obvious to have them hiring now & in the future...:)Tell me please, what is going to happen when the rest of the world's airlines are slowly downsizing and Etihad and other mid east carriers are expanding?

That's not a harsh/unfair question, it is very important to know in fact what to do and thats why companies have boards of directors, I'm am pretty sure this has been bought up many times at airline board meetings all over the Middle East.

I think this isn't the way to speak about your Potential Future EmployerIt may sound crazy but I have received my information from a reliable source here at pprune.

Calm Down http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Would you believe me if I told you I hadn't said a word?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We haven't heard from Skhan11 in a while now, some words of encouragement for him and all those discouraged and feeling broken down (after the assessments),

there will always be airplanes, stick around and you'll get your chance:)

ausnz
19th Sep 2008, 01:31
Hey deniz,
In all honesty, take alot of what you read with a grain of salt. Its good to get a feel for what people are saying but alot of the things which many seem to be upset about could very well have logical reasoning, the layover situation for example could easily be a result of the rapid expansion the company has undergone, and not having a sufficient amount of pilots to ease the pressure.... which seems what they are trying to fix at the moment with the cadet pilot scheme and other pilot recruitment drives.....but noone really knows.

Im not saying any posts made against the airline are false.... im just saying you usually only get a small portion of the bigger picture, try not to let it cloud your judgement, it almost did it to me and remember they are still a very young airline, and all airlines have their faults. Youll get opportunities to get a feel for the place and the company when you get to the next stage :ok: which im sure you will:)

DenizD
19th Sep 2008, 02:42
take alot of what you read with a grain of salt. Thats my problem though, becuase the same person who said all that stuff is supposed to be a reliable source.

Also it's very intimidating and depressing to know that there are Etihad employees that may have a very strong pull in the cadet department that are watching pprune and drawing conclusions from what they read, instead of interviewing them.

I think I speak for all when I say it was a long and hard couple of weeks waiting for an answer (worse than waiting for an acceptance to a university), and now here I can't express my views without fear of being criticized as EYZ implies:
I think you need to be careful.

This is a public forum, a place to discuss infinity regarding aviation. And I don't think it is fair that when EY pilots can say what they want reagrding their company yet someone who dosn't work for the company cannot post his opinion with out being too careful.

It's just really depressing:hmm:

I don't want to be the guy at the party 30 years from now saying "Yeah I got my license but I haven't been in a small plane in since I was 20, it just got too expensive and I didn't know anybody in the industry.....it was fun though"

HDP
19th Sep 2008, 06:18
Any of the EU candidates just come back from AUH care to share what it was like?

malirm
19th Sep 2008, 09:22
OK...:ok:, hope we are over it now...& again CALM down

I still don't know if there are some new Airlines opening in the US or taking over...there is nothing called "Blank" in this world (someone has to take someone's place instead or atleast share it)...starting from a Garbage Man on the streets & ending up somewhere like in the White House, BTW history repeats itself (remember Pan Am & TWA...where are they now??? & who came instead) its like Empires...each one getting its great times.

And incase if you didn't know...as EY is a growing airline & expanding Rapidly...it is usual to have their pilots getting the Minimum lay-over hours or so...but I saw Alots of pilots enjoying their Off times @ our restaurant (& other Luxurious Restaurants) or in the Malls (specially Marina Mall), anyways...looking forward to end this discussion safely (it doesn't get us anywhere good :))

Hope You apply again...but this time make it through & have the opprtunity to see you (infact...we might be in the same batch).

roll_over
19th Sep 2008, 11:40
I will just say what is the point of applying to an airline in another country that you don't actually want to join? It will be a big change. Your life will, I imagine, be very connected with the company, from your housing to your friends.

That said, it's probably good to start worrying about layover times when you have actually been accepted by the airline......

DenizD
19th Sep 2008, 12:48
I just want to let you know all those quotes were made by EYZ, and while he flys long range and is actually affected by the layover times he also knows a little bit more about the company than most. Believe me I just didn't wake up and decide to write "Etihad is great" I was using information received from a reliable source(s) and making a conclusion based off of that information. What's the problem?

I will just say what is the point of applying to an airline in another country that you don't actually want to join?

.....how did you gather all the bits and pieces for that sentence/statement?
and after that put in this It will be a big change.

I actually want to work for Etihad, and like any pilot would do before going to work for another company, you do research before you make a big decision, in this case working basically on a contract for five years, it is the logical thing to do right?

This is a public forum don't jump on me because you don't like what I said, when it is obvious our savior has his own opinions too. All you have to do is click "view more posts".

airmanbg
19th Sep 2008, 15:01
Guys, let's turn back to the topic, ok?

DenizD, I am 100% agree that it is a must to research when there is a option to sign a contract for SIX , not five years.

Warm Regards from cold Sofia!

dubble_dubble
19th Sep 2008, 15:55
I'd also like to know how phase 2 was?:8

leyahl
19th Sep 2008, 16:55
Haha. "Worm Regards" - that little typo made me chuckle (not in an offensive way).

airmanbg
19th Sep 2008, 17:03
Sorry, I was thinking about something else!

Поздрави! (let me see will you get it! ) :ok:

coral reef
19th Sep 2008, 21:48
The numbers are very similar to the JFK assessment then.

Doesn't South African Airways also have a cadet program running?

malirm
19th Sep 2008, 21:55
Hi c10n3d_0r6

Correct me...

30-40 people at JNB attended the assessments out of 60 invited

Regards,

Ali

sarmer
20th Sep 2008, 06:51
Hey malirm

I counted 51:)

SavannahIce
20th Sep 2008, 07:19
Hey Guys, i would be interested to know how many girls attended the first stage in JNB on thursday out of the '51'. Any idea?

forssi
20th Sep 2008, 07:26
not many....only 6

malirm
20th Sep 2008, 08:28
Thanks Sarmer & Forssi...:ok:

What about SYD...any news?

ausnz
20th Sep 2008, 10:40
No news yet, will probably find out over the next week now that JNB is done....I hope they don't keep us waiting too long!!! Hows everyone else holding up who is waiting for an answer?

On the girl department, only 3 I think? (Anyone correct me if Im wrong), out of between 55 and 60 people ( once again, not quite a model for accuracy on this)

SavannahIce
20th Sep 2008, 14:00
wow.. i think us girls better start pushing up those numbers!!
I would have done anything to be one of the numbers in JNB, but seems my application was a bit too late, will definately try for next year though! ;)

c10n3d 0r6 is absolutely right about the SAA cadet programme, but I do believe they are putting a hold to the programme right now, although still taking on applications.

melvin_arnold
20th Sep 2008, 14:31
every time I check my email my heart almost stops when a new one comes then I open it and it ain't from Etihad the I go back to normal lol, hope it won't be to long now.

sarmer
20th Sep 2008, 16:38
Yeah. I have been through the saa cadet selection. I was the last white male in 2006. Saa made is quite clear to me that I am the wrong colour and gender. Although what I say can be seen as a serious accusation, it is the truth! (p.s I am categorically stating that i am not a racist BUT i do feel that it should be based purely on merit)

good luck to all still waiting

coral reef
20th Sep 2008, 20:43
Oh whoa, that's all news to me. I didn't know about all the racial fine print, I always assumed SAA's selection was for any SA citizens, and even perhaps nearby countries. It does make sense that they want more black pilots, though I'd also assume they want to proportionately represent other minorities in the country, like white and Indian. Anyway I checked it out on the SAA website and it seems its put on hold for some time.

In the NY assessment we were told to wait two weeks for results, which was spot on. And speaking of female candidates, there was only one in NY!

ZaaZoo
20th Sep 2008, 23:33
In the NY assessment we were told to wait two weeks for results, which was spot on. And speaking of female candidates, there was only one in NY!

Thats what I heard
:D

ashmunn
21st Sep 2008, 02:54
there were 3 females at sydney, one being my best friend :)
good luck to everyone, im not holding my breath, i think i bombed out big time in the maths test ... but all sweet, i start MECIR tomorrow :ok:

forssi
21st Sep 2008, 05:04
I have a suspicion that the first 2 tests are to establish a weighted mean on the level of general knowledge and vocab skills as each country will differ…

And for the life of me I couldn’t remember how to do the maths because the last time I did it was 8 years ago…. :ugh:

SA Express offers a cadet program, but only for previously disadvantaged. So, where do the currently disadvantaged go? Etihad :D

ausnz
21st Sep 2008, 09:16
@ ashmunn
Ah I was right! I was the same, I think the maths test would have been the place where I would have done the worst:bored:

@melvin
Ive had to restrain myself from checking emails, even though I still know nothing will come through yet.....seven times a day is a bit out of control:}

Good luck SYD and JNB guys, don't forget we aussies have a free beer on offer if we make it to stage 2!

ashmunn
21st Sep 2008, 09:30
yeh i was a little shocked at the level of the maths considering it was 'general knowledge,' last time i checked i didnt have to be a mathematician to fly a plane plus the time limit we had. but he did mention if we didnt pass all of em we wouldnt make stage 2, so ive already accepted i wont be invited to abu dhabi ;) i havent done that type of maths since school, 7 years ago !!

antes56
21st Sep 2008, 09:33
Congratulations for the guys who did the last 1st phase test and I wish you good luck for the results:ok::ok:

Any news from the people who went in abu dhabi for the Phase 2??

melvin_arnold
21st Sep 2008, 12:18
Yep the maths was hard and the time was tight, but im not gonna lose hope who knows what happens. Im just surprised that all the Americans said it was so easy, i did that stuff back in yr 7 cant remember any of it :ugh:

ashmunn
21st Sep 2008, 14:21
lol well best of luck to you mate, hope you do well, i'm very sure i wont be going.
im not going to say that the americans are smarter than us either :ok:

sarmer
21st Sep 2008, 16:36
ausnz

During sa's apartheid regime, certain members of the population (white males) were more favourable for employment. (citizens who were black did not get the so called good jobs) I fully agree that it was really unfair! To correct the wrongs of the past, the previously disadvantaged are being offered the jobs instead of equally qualified (if not more) white males. The problem for me is that I was never brought up racist nor do I even remember these times, and yet it is extremely difficult for young white males to get the so called chances.

malirm
21st Sep 2008, 21:04
hi...

I remember EYZ said it doesn't matter (App Status)...I even heard someone who attended the assessment in JFK or LHR that he was told the App status is not a matter...its only a system issue...Can anybody confirm :confused:

ausnz
21st Sep 2008, 21:10
Haha...agreed! (no offence guys:})

@sarmer
Thanks for the information!

fredduciel
21st Sep 2008, 22:06
Hi cheers,
I'm just back home from Abu dhabi today, (yes the return ticket was on wednesday but don't worry , I didn't lost myself in europe...:O) first have to say a public thank you very much to Malrim who led us during our free time in AD , showed how it's great to be there. as stated before I confirm phase 2 was psychometric test, group exercises and interviews. the class 1 medic will be later in oct/nov if we receive the good email. we are supposed to receive the yes/no email by the begining of october. I don't want to be found as a sucker but everything was conduced efficiently , we've been very well welcomed by Etihad. guys don't hesitate , just go it's excellent on every point... or maybe not : don't go it's not good , you won't like it, it's terrific :}
so let's wish you all good luck for this waiting game , I think after we touched the dream with finger tips it's much more tense than before, so many to win !
patience, good luck to everyone in every phases, have fun and let's hope to see you soon in AD!

coral reef
21st Sep 2008, 22:31
Fred nice to hear from you!

Everyone was wondering where all the Abu Dhabi candidates disappeared :)

Glad you had a nice experience. How do you think you did? How many people were doing Phase 2 with you? I'm sure you were kept busy all 4 days with testing and interviews.

Good luck! It must be even more tense waiting for the yes/no email now!

malirm
22nd Sep 2008, 08:17
Hi Fred...I think you meant the Psychomotor (not Psychometric)..:ok:

Thank you (& to the other candidates) for giving me the opportunity to help you & give you a Tour of the City (Hope the Shisha is OK)...hope to see you back again in AD or Al Ain for the trainig (we have more things to do).

Hope the results come out quickly & positively...I'm worried too (although I didn't have the exam)...just wana see you all back here to have alots of fun

Fred...by the way, I'll be buying that car you didn't like (FJ Cruiser), as it is the strongest among its Family of Cruisers.

Good Luck :)

malirm
22nd Sep 2008, 20:09
Hi C10...you've got to takecare with smoking & other heavy stuff @ Phase 3 (Medicals) if you make it through... P 1 & 2 :O

about your question...I think Phase 2 is sometime in Oct/Nov 08 for SA, AUS, JFK & rest of EU.

If you wanted to postpone, it would be next year...don't really know about postponing...you would know more if you passed the phase 1 & received an invitation to phase 2.

Have in mind....I'm not a reliable source (I'm just answering from what I read & experienced throughout the 6 months from this thread & other small sources of info)

Good Luck :ok:

malirm
23rd Sep 2008, 10:45
I second say what you said...:)

airmanbg
23rd Sep 2008, 13:53
Guys, just wanted to mention that Etihad removed the Cadet Pilot Programm from the Current Vacancies Page on their website. :sad:

P.S. Also the Current Vacancies for direct entry as a Captain or F/O are redussed to 10/ 50 (and they were up to 300).

coral reef
23rd Sep 2008, 14:10
Actually, they just put up the 2009 schedule! No worries :)

How to apply:
In 2009 we will be conducting initial assessments in London(February),Frankfurt(March),Johannesburg(May),Sydney(J une),Abu Dhabi(July),Canada(August),United States of America (August and Singapore(September).to apply simply send a message to [email protected] stating clearly the location you would like to attend for the assessment. CVs are not required at this stage. Applications will be accepted up to the first day of the month before the assessment.

airmanbg
23rd Sep 2008, 14:36
Actually I filled all the Application form, with CV and PPL License number.

At that time I'll continue to make some more hours and will wait to see what will happend.

EYZ
23rd Sep 2008, 17:41
Hi.

If it was me I would not bother with the old form and just do what they say on the website, if you have filled the form and not heard anything, reapply the new way.

But its just my idea!

airmanbg
23rd Sep 2008, 18:07
The point is that I filled the form and sent the application before they change it. :ok:

malirm
23rd Sep 2008, 21:59
Hi Thread.

I might not sit for Etihad phase 1 exams...I think its hard for me to waste 6 months (if not 12 months if I make it through & start training) of my life.

What do you say...I'll start my Ab-Initio Flight Training by March 09, but still keep the application active? or Just forget it & go all the way by myself?

What flight schools do you recommend?

coral reef
23rd Sep 2008, 22:20
Nobody's asking you to waste 6+ months; don't just wait around for the next round of assessments. Have a backup ready.

If you can afford (money and time) to do the flight training yourself, go for it. The limitations for the cadet program are that you cannot be overqualified, so don't go quite as far as CPL too quickly. But do keep your Etihad option open; it does not hurt to have multiple options open.

The local Emiratis have 100 spots to fight for per year, while expats have a more competitive 50, so your odds are already good. Couldn't you also apply for Emirates' cadet program?

malirm
23rd Sep 2008, 23:30
Thank You asmirc...this was my plan B...go to flight training from my pocket in March (plan C is ready too)...BTW I'm not a UAE National...so, I'll be competing with you...:{ next year (if I was invited)

If & only if I couldn't make it through EY cadet pilot assessments...I will join EY as an experienced pilot in 6 to 7 years of airline work (at least 5000 hours of flight time) say in 2016 :bored:.

DenizD...I think we might be in the same group since AD assessments are in Jul & US are in Aug...hope I get to see you...:ok:

Good Luck for all of Us...

Martin2kn4
24th Sep 2008, 07:53
Stage 2/3 results for the EU guys are out! Subject to medical etc. See you in October Ali

malirm
24th Sep 2008, 08:18
Yeh...I Received the good news about you all (phase 2 attenders)...sorry for S & J...I would really like to see them back here.

Martin2kn4, we will have more fun now...I bought a new Safari car & waiting to welcome you (& Fred...all of you) in it, but I will be going to Ras Al Khaimah for the Flight training in March 09 (3 hours away from Al Ain)...not a problem @ weekends...as you & our other friends will be free (@ weekends) to go to alots of places (away from Abu Dhabi this time).

Hope the best for You & to the other candidates that made it through to Phase 3 & so sorry for not being with you in the 2008 batch.:ok:

fredduciel
24th Sep 2008, 09:10
Hi guys, hope everything's allright for you,
Happy to tell you I'll see you as well soon , and really sorry for J and U , hope they'll get a good one soon.
Malrim , no problem for me to smoke shisha, just do it sometimes is enouth right ? and aooooh you gonna buy the cruiser ... I can't say congratulation because it's not my design, but I'll change , away from peugeotland ! let's see if we can have fun in the sand like we did with your current car ! let's see next week? I'm supposed to fly for the medical on the 7th of oct, anybody else ? I hope we'll be all together for this occasion, I call you !
good news for everybody with the 2009 schedule , have fun guys , and good work!
regards to all

fred.

antes56
24th Sep 2008, 09:36
COngratulations to everyone who passed the 2nd phase!!:ok::ok::ok:
Can you tell us what did you do in Abu Dhabi during the days off the selection?where the ethiad put you to stay for the night?They provide also the meals?...
I hope to hear somethings from them quickly....

Good luck and take care!

coral reef
24th Sep 2008, 10:05
Congrats guys!!!! :)

airmanbg
24th Sep 2008, 10:12
You just asked the right question.

I was thinking about the same thing. What to do while waiting for reply from EY?

That's a difficult question especially when I have my PPL. I can make 50 hours flight time more but then I will have to start the IR, so if by that time nobody calls I will continue here.

P.S. I sent my application like 3 weeks ago and still no answer do they have it or not...

Regards!

malirm
24th Sep 2008, 11:46
I have alots of choices here...& thats making me crazy:

1. Continue the Top Up Year (after getting the Higher National Diploma) & get a BEng in Aerospace Technology [by 2010] then go to flight training (but miss the flight school scholarship) & if EY calls in between...I'll get the chance to join.

2. Get the College Diploma by Feb 09 then go to flight training @ DAE FA (scholarship would be still valid).

3. Get the Diploma then go for aircraft maintenance licensing (JAA part 66) then go for flight training....

etc....:ugh:

So...I'm still thinking about it...what do you say...anybody

airmanbg
24th Sep 2008, 11:56
Hi again, mate!

I can't give you addvice because I'm seond year in the university and I like the speciality too much (Information Security).

The point is that if I continue here with my CPL, most probably I will start work by the summer next year ('09) which will be difficult to combine with the university.

What I decided for now is: I will make these 50h more, by that time I will wait for EY. If they call - I will try
If they don't I'll continue here with my CPL.

Regards!

geggsham
24th Sep 2008, 12:03
I've been floating around these forums for awhile, with no reason to post anything until today. Sydney assessment results came out at today. Mine says:

"At this point, we are happy to inform you that you were successful in the first phase and you are now under consideration for the second phase of screening. This will take place in Abu Dhabi sometime in late November. If selected, you will be advised of the exact dates and will be required to be here for four days."

So, hooray! :)

How did everyone else go?