PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Cadet Waiting List

Pages : 1 [2]

sarmer
24th Sep 2008, 15:37
Yes, well done greggsham!

This means that Jhb results will soon follow!

rcswing
24th Sep 2008, 17:21
congratz Gegg... I got the same 'maybe' email as well ... anyone else?

sarmer
24th Sep 2008, 17:30
Congrats rcswing and everyone else who got the maybe email from Sydney.

malirm
24th Sep 2008, 20:17
Congrats from my side too...:ok:

Hawksley
25th Sep 2008, 06:28
weird questipn but does any one remember the hr ladies name, the australian one?

Gemstone
25th Sep 2008, 07:44
Her first name was Maria but I can't remember her surname.

I don't know how much longer I can handle waiting!

sarmer
25th Sep 2008, 10:26
You're not alone gemstone! I am checking my email constantly!:uhoh:

geggsham
25th Sep 2008, 19:34
In the Sydney assessment, we were told the exact dates for the second phase assessment. Does anyone remember the date mentioned?

ausnz
25th Sep 2008, 22:17
Congrats all you SYD guys who made it through!:}:{
I wrote down (for the 2nd stage dates) 23rd-26th November... Im pretty sure that doesnt include travel (Id hope not for y'alls sake)

Make sure you guys get your free beer!

melvin_arnold
25th Sep 2008, 22:52
Well done to all the people who made it from Sydney, and good luck to everyone in watever stage their at :ok:

Junior Jet
26th Sep 2008, 03:59
Hi Guys, I'm one of the three girls from the SYD assessment and I got the maybe email. Congrats to those who got it too!

Do we know how many that is so far?

Gemstone
26th Sep 2008, 05:09
I am going on holiday tomorrow and will be out of cellphone range until Thursday! No cellphone means no email (and no facebook :eek:).

I don't expect JHB to get their emails before Sunday (seeing as it's the weekend in UAE) which means I'll only know my fate on Thursday - Life is not fair!

Gemstone
26th Sep 2008, 17:04
I'm with MTN currently but I'll be going down the Orange River and I've been told that there is ABSOUTELY NO signal... Normally I'd enjoy the break from technology but now I'll just be in agony for the trip!

Oh well, nothing can be done about it!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

calvin.&.holmes
28th Sep 2008, 13:58
Can u help me with this new application letter.

Should i just write in one line and tell them where i want to take the test ????:sad::sad::sad:

calvin and holmes

dubble_dubble
28th Sep 2008, 18:54
I highly dount they will be emailing anyboody back any time soon!

forssi
30th Sep 2008, 07:58
Has anyone in South Africa got any response about the assessment 2 weeks ago?

sarmer
30th Sep 2008, 09:05
Not yet. I imagine we will within the next few days.:ok:

youwishyouknew
30th Sep 2008, 10:02
I got a maybe also....exciting times ahaead for us all!!! How many we up to from syd and on pprune? There was 8 from the USA...

antes56
30th Sep 2008, 10:16
Congratulations to all who passed the first assesment in SYD e JSB....
Waiting for some news from etihad...:ok:

ali_sheikh88
3rd Oct 2008, 06:24
what kind of question they asked in assessment..
what about the new cadte pilot ptogramme which ctarted on 22-09-2008..i have send them mail...as per their according...for how many days i have wo wait for their reply......

peace..cheers

sarmer
3rd Oct 2008, 16:32
That's what I think as well c10. My current hypothesis is that we will find out either on Sunday or Monday.

Is it just me or does this thread seem a lot quieter than usual? Anyway cheers for now.

forssi
3rd Oct 2008, 20:16
I think the loud mouths have decided to keep quiet now that they weren't invited for a second assessment ;)

Bradda G
3rd Oct 2008, 23:22
Congrats to all that made it thru! :ok:

PS As for the 'loud mouth' comment; :ouch: I don't speak for everyone but when I don't have anything to say or contribute I stay under the radar :oh:

:)

Gemstone
5th Oct 2008, 10:01
I thought I would get back from the Orange River I would have an email waiting for me! :confused:

But from what I can gather on the net it looks like 5 Oct is the first working day after Eid Al Fitr... so I guess we'll find out in the next day or so... HOPEFULLY!:ooh:

ausnz
6th Oct 2008, 05:53
Im suprised you guys are still waiting for an email?? they were pretty quick with us only being a week and figured you guys would be at the same time if not a few days later?

forssi
8th Oct 2008, 07:56
Still waiting.............

Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since we did the assessments :sad:

antes56
8th Oct 2008, 13:51
until waiting for the email (both for the 1st phase and second)...May someone who attended the second phase in AUH told us what they did and How was their experience there??

I think everyone here want to know...:):):):):):):)

CTFC
8th Oct 2008, 15:24
Still no feedback for the South African guys?? I hope we get some form of response soon, Its been 3 long weeks

coral reef
8th Oct 2008, 17:23
Anyone else checking their emails more in a few days than they used to in a month? :)

EYZ
8th Oct 2008, 19:07
Hi,

From my information all the results should be out tomorrow(Thurs) for those on a maybe and those who have heard nothing from their first assesment, as for those who have applied to the "new" scheme, I would not worry about not hearing too much, the selections are not until next year, so I think it might take a week or two, but if you applied to the original scheme, you need to re-apply to the new scheme, or you will not get seen.

Good luck for tomorrow!!:ok:

rmoller
8th Oct 2008, 19:35
jippiiii, news =D

VH-JPS
8th Oct 2008, 21:33
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how much longer it will be before they tell the candidates that passed stage 1 whether or not they are going to stage 2?

Cheers

Hawksley
9th Oct 2008, 02:09
Thanks for that EYZ, if this is correct im sure it will put alot of heart rates at rest haha, Thanks.

hawksley

rmoller
9th Oct 2008, 11:18
I got a negative response :{

@EYZ
On what grounds does Etihad accept and doesn't accept people for the 2nd stage when they already got the 'maybe' email?

121ace
9th Oct 2008, 11:53
I got a negative too. I'd be interested to know how many people got a 'maybe' email for november and how many of these actually got a 'yes' for november.

sarmer
9th Oct 2008, 12:33
I'm yet to receive mine. How did you do maintainvertical? Anyone else from SA still waiting?

leyahl
9th Oct 2008, 12:55
It's a no for me... Looks like plan B people!!

coral reef
9th Oct 2008, 12:58
I got a negative as well (I'm a maybe from NY assessment), but it says I was not successful on my assessment day. I'm a bit confused actually.

Gemstone
9th Oct 2008, 13:10
I got the maybe email and I'm very excited!!! :p

121ace
9th Oct 2008, 13:19
Gemstone, dont keep your hopes up too high. I got a maybe email in August and waited and waited until now to be told i was unsuccessful. Good luck though :ok:

antes56
9th Oct 2008, 13:23
i got the after-maybe e-mail....and had negative response...

I feel very sad....:{

EYZ
9th Oct 2008, 14:39
From the information I have, the system was something like this. Those with a maybe e-mail were judged against those from other parts of the world, once EY had selected the very best and the numbers were full for this year, a reject email was sent out. Those waiting on a maybe for sometime, I agree it sucks, but I guess it shows you were extreamly close this year and if you remain positive, you might wish to try again next time.
There was no quota from each part of the world, simply those that scored highest overall.

zwarriorz
9th Oct 2008, 16:03
I got a maybe e-mail in august and now just received a second e-mail saying that I am being called for the second assessment at AB on Nov 23-27 with visa/flights arranged by Etihad Aiways.

However, for some reasons, it has this sentence at the end, "If selected, you will be advised of the exact dates and will be required to be here for four days."

I guess this is a "maybe e-mail" after the first "maybe"? Hopefully they will be sending out a definite e-mail soon...:rolleyes:

rob3084
9th Oct 2008, 16:44
I got the same e-mail as you, zwarriorz. I'm a little confused. I guess I'll just wait until I hear a more definite response.

coral reef
9th Oct 2008, 19:17
Congrats to Z and Rob, all the best in Phase 2. Any of the European/Aussie candidates get a Phase 2 invite? I am not quite understanding how it works for the South Africans...if they received maybe emails now, when all others have received yes/no to Phase 2, will they (SA) be considered for a much later class?

This was a sad end to a tense wait. Ah well...chin up! Anyone looking for a Mech/Aero engineering grad?? :)

forssi
9th Oct 2008, 19:25
i haven't got any email yet?

It's most probably going to say "unsuccessful" :ugh:

I got 7 hours to fly and then i got my ME IR CPL...been at it for 6 years.

geggsham
9th Oct 2008, 19:57
I received the second maybe email. (From Sydney assessment). The maybe bit at the end of the email is identical to the end of the first maybe email that was sent out.

@EYZ - any idea on the number of people selected for second phase?

aimskyhigh88
9th Oct 2008, 23:25
Hey Guys, i understand there is a 2nd round taking place in Abu Dhabi, but is there a 3rd round after that? If so what does it involve?

thanks

VH-JPS
10th Oct 2008, 01:59
hey aimskyhigh88,

Nah we were told at Sydney that there is only two rounds. The 2nd round in Abu Dhabi covers everything needed before an offer of employment.

JPS

aimskyhigh88
10th Oct 2008, 02:36
ahh ok, i just saw some people say that there was 3 rounds. All good then. Just curious.

cheers

sarmer
10th Oct 2008, 09:59
Is there anyone from sa that still hasn't received an email. I'm still waiting and am wondering when I will get it.:ouch:

forssi
10th Oct 2008, 10:09
Samer,

I never got a email as well, now it's weekend there so it's unlikely we're getting anything before Sunday.

CTFC
10th Oct 2008, 10:24
likewise buddy, I've received nothing yet.
For the guys that did receive an answer (regardless of the outcome) was it updated on the EY website? Where it says "status"... was that changed? Mine says "under review". Is it like that for everyone? even if you have or have not made it to the next phase of selection?

Gemstone
10th Oct 2008, 11:15
I got the same email saying that I'll be called for the second phase and then in the next section that if I'm selected...

It is a little confusing?

I'm hoping that since I wrote the test in JHB that if I got a maybe it's more likely a yes than a no.:O

leyahl
10th Oct 2008, 16:02
Now that all the tests have been conducted I suppose it won't be too bad now to discuss particular questions on the test that I've just remembered. Now call me bitter for not getting through, but I would be confident in saying that candidates from Germany, Canada and Australia had an advantage in the testing. In a test that is going to be so competitive, asking the question, "What is the capital of Canada" and likewise for the two other aforementioned countries is effectively giving people from these places a free mark. Don't get me wrong; if you don't know the answers to these questions, you shouldn't be allowed on the scheme. But if someone from Canada, Germany or Australia were to get through on overall marks and screwed up one of the more technical maths questions but scraped it by one mark with those free answers, I'm gonna be pissed off. Good luck to all of you anyway but I think Etihad should've checked their questions a bit better, not to mention the questions that were repeated between different test sections. Any thoughts?

skhan11
10th Oct 2008, 16:39
Dude, it sucks to not get through, believe me! But you can't possibly say that because these guys were from these countries and that they had an advantage. I mean out of the 200 questions or so, if one of them was a no-brainer for some one, tough luck. And, I doubt anyone beat another by one mark just because they happened to know the capital of the country they lived in. Do you really believe that?

And, you have to admit the choices of countries were pretty clever. Nothing mainstream like UK or US capitals cause everyone knows that. If it helps you feel any better, there was no assessment in Canada, and the guys around me at the JFK assessments didn't know what the capital of Canada was, lol

You should just take comfort in the fact that you got a "maybe" email before you got the "no" as someone else said. You know you were damn close, so just try harder next time around and for sure you'll get through.

Cheers, and here is to making it for sure to 2nd stage in 2009! And, guess who is going to have an advantage this time.. You know it, all of us lucky fellas who didn't cut it this year;)

dubble_dubble
10th Oct 2008, 18:14
skhann11, buddy welcome back u disappeared!

Im pretty sure the tests will be different...ie same format but different numbers/places/etc

Lets not leak out any info!

just my $.02
dbl

ausnz
11th Oct 2008, 07:51
Yea I agree, besides for us poor souls who have to reapply next year....we want to have an advantage!!!:}

Bradda G
11th Oct 2008, 11:15
Yea I agree, besides for us poor souls who have to reapply next year....we want to have an advantage!!!

I second that notion! :ok:

In addition, big brother is watching us. Trod carefully on the web ladies and gents :=

forssi
12th Oct 2008, 12:50
Also got the no...doesn't bother me cause i got 7 hours to go then i got my CPL.

I won't be reapplying in 6 months, as it will be a waste of time.

Good luck to the SA guys who got a maybe.

sarmer
12th Oct 2008, 14:54
I am afraid that I got the no email as well. I thought that I did very well in the assessment. I guess that means that everyone who got the maybe did much better than me. Even though this is the 4th time that I have received a rejection, please everyone note: You will see me as a pilot one day!
Good luck to everyone who got the maybe. I'm sure you are exceptional individuals!
Now it's time to reflect on where to from here.

cheers from here.:\

forssi
12th Oct 2008, 18:36
Just because they passed the tests doesn't mean that they will be good pilots. It's more rewarding making it on your own steam, trust me.

If you guys are patient and work hard at it, you'll also be sitting right seat on a A320 in about 10 years :ugh:

G-BFUN
13th Oct 2008, 14:16
Hey
does anyone know what is actually asked question wise on the assessment day?

aimskyhigh88
14th Oct 2008, 07:25
GB-FUN, Dont bother asking you wont get an answer. Youll find out why when you go for the assessment.

good luck

Gamil
28th Oct 2008, 03:31
hi,,,i am new here,,i just sent email to apply,and they replied next day saying that i'll be informed about everything 1 month before the assesement day,,i live in New York,,what they gonna ask about??am so confused,,and i'd like to know if arabic speaking is a plus???thanks alot

zwarriorz
28th Oct 2008, 19:07
Welcome to the forum!

The first assessment is like a general high school exam with a mix of question from each subject, sorry i can't leak any info because Etihad asked all applications not to.

I don't know speaking arabic is a plus, but i know you have to speak English regardless of your home country as English is the language of the airline industry.

I hope I answered your question, and please don't send any private message to anyone who have taken the test, you will find out why when you go to the first assessment.

Good luck!

zwarriorz
29th Oct 2008, 18:28
It will be a different test each year.

rcswing
4th Nov 2008, 12:41
Hi mates,

I did my assessment in Sydney and got the maybe email, but no further email after that. Anyone else from Sydney who got the maybe email and are still waiting OR anyone else that have already got the stage 2 confirmation email ?

Best regards!

JJames
4th Nov 2008, 15:01
RCSWING I got the maybe email after the sydney assessment approximately 10 days after the assessment. 15 days after that I recieved the thanks but no thanks email regarding the 2nd assessment. From what I have heard, Etihad were waiting for the jberg assessment results before giving anyone in Sydney an answer, you should have an answer by now given the 2nd/3rd stage begins in just over a week!!!! Goodluck to everyone getting a shot at this, you are all very deserving and I am very jealous. For now I will accept defeat. For the future......never.