PDA

View Full Version : LPC minimum flight time

timprice
29th Aug 2008, 14:19
I know it sounds a silly question, but is there a minimum flight time for an LPC, talking helicopters here guys.(If it makes any difference)
I've looked in most publications but cannot find a definitive ansewer?

READY MESSAGE
29th Aug 2008, 14:47
As long as it takes to get the job done. Normally about 45 mins - 1 hour in fixed wing circles.

Whirlybird
30th Aug 2008, 08:11
It's not at all a silly question. I've heard some examiners say it should be at least 0.6 or 0.7 hours. But I haven't seen that anywhere in writing either.

lady in red
30th Aug 2008, 08:17
All of the LPCs I did last year were either 0.5 or 0.7 - I have four type ratings...the piston ones tended to be shorter than the turbine

Exo.
31st Aug 2008, 10:35
As I understand 30 minutes engine start to stop is the requirement, which means tech logs often see 0.4's in them.

That's just quotes from two examiners who've performed LPC's, I'll be the first to admit I've not specifically looked up the detail.

Sulley
10th Sep 2008, 12:57
As Ready message said It takes as long as it does.
The statements regarding minimas are probably based on a guess of, in ideal circumstances, how long it takes to complete the mandatory items of the LPC.

fantom
10th Sep 2008, 14:59
Just in case a non-helo reads these messages:

JAR (as I understands) reqs min 2 hours for an LPC in a sim of a proper aeroplane (A320, for example). The British CAA will look carefully at an LPC conducted in less than three hours (which is why we now have to record the blox time on the LPC/LST form).

I did one recently which was witnessed and the CAA man commented to the effect ' well, OK if you think three hours is enuff '.

f