PDA

View Full Version : Were you at Red Bull London, Sunday?

BobGrim
13th Aug 2008, 19:53
Hello Folks, I was fortunate enough to fly a four-minute aerobatic sequence over the Thames for the Red Bull Air Race, London in my red-and-white Fournier RF4D. On the Sunday, the sun shone briefly on my display. Folk in the Western stands might have had the chance to take some well-illuminated photos or video clips. If so, I would be really grateful for any decent photos or vid clips (however short). It is extremely difficult to get photos or footage of one's aerobatic flying, but it is only by studying this stuff that one can improve. I might even be able to get some money from a magazine for a decent photo. If anybody out there has even one or two photos or some footage, I would be extremely grateful if they could let me have a copy. You can contact me by replying here in the first instance. Thanks in advance, Bob Grimstead

smarthawke
13th Aug 2008, 20:10
Bob

I was there with a load of flying friends in the West Silvertown (north bank) grandstand and we all thought your display was excellent - and I remember the days of the Skyhawks (and was talking to Mike Dentith in the RBAR pits on Saturday). I've got some photos, nothing special but PM me with your details and I'll bung them on a CD (or can email you but there quite big files).

We thought you did extremely well considering the wind strength and a very narrow display line (better than Klaus Schrodt managed in his Extra!).

SFCC
13th Aug 2008, 20:21
Bob....pm me please

BobGrim
14th Aug 2008, 22:39
Does anybody else out there have some photos? Preferably from the south-west of the river on the Sunday (when the sun shone briefly and would have lit me a little). Australian Aviation wants a photo, so it's worth money! Bob