PDA

View Full Version : What happened over Moncton on 31/07/2008?

Jumbo744
3rd Aug 2008, 04:32
Hello,

before posting I really made some research, watched for the news but couldn't find any information.

I was flying in the afternoon with my instructor, when exiting the control zone of CYQM, Tower asked us to remain on their frequency as a plane was squawking 7700 and transiting through our training area. Minutes later, TWR told us that they had lost the plane and asked us if we could fly over a certain area to look for the plane, but the weather got bad and the college flight ops told us to come back immediatly.

Since then, there has been nothing on the news or in the internet, my instructor didn't know much either and even asked me if I knew something.

I'd like to know where I could find informations? Would tower give me information if I phone them?

Thanks.

Pilot DAR
3rd Aug 2008, 04:49
Try searching in the CADORS, which are found here: CADORS - Home (http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/applications/cadors/English/main.asp)

Jumbo744
3rd Aug 2008, 13:34
Hello! thank you very much! I think I found it:

Record #12 Cadors Number: 2008A0920 Reporting Region: Atlantic
Occurrence Information Occurrence Type: Incident Occurrence Date: 2008/07/29 Occurrence Time: 1924 Z Day Or Night: day-time Fatalities: 0 Injuries: 0 Canadian Aerodrome ID: Aerodrome Name: Occurrence Location: 9' NE of Sussex, New Brunswick Province: Country: CANADA World Area: North America Reported By: NAV CANADA AOR Number: 97208 TSB Class Of Investigation: TSB Occurrence No.: Event Information Other operational incident Alleged Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) infraction Aircraft Information Detail Information User Name: McCarthy, Jennifer Date: 2008/07/30 Further Action Required: No O.P.I.:
Narrative: 7700 code observed on unknown aircraft. Target observed descending from 1500' to 900' then disapeared. No contact with flight. RCC advised and later reported back that it was a helicopter practicing auto-rotations.