PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else need a FI refresher seminar?

Noisy Hooligan
30th Jul 2008, 13:30
Hi All, is there anyone else out there "needing" a refresher seminar?

As I am a slacker, I have not done enough hours to renew this time even though I see the hours requirement has halved. The next seminar is now not until October when the summer season is well and truly over. If there are enough people perhaps we can heckle the only two companies in the UK to put on an additional seminar in a bus shelter or somewhere? At this point, can I ask only for fixed wing requirements as this will reduce the number of instructors required to run the seminar if we manage to get one organized.

Is anyone else amazed that there are only half a dozen of these infernal things run a year?

I calculate the cost of renewing with a test and a seminar conservatively at 1000 quid (not including loss of earnings during the three days to complete the two tasks and travel and hotac costs), for a 'very' part-time instructor there is no way you can get your money back. Why can't we have a publication from the CAA recommending changes to teaching techniques and practices - our knowledge of which could be part of the ground part of the flight test with the FIE and save us 500 quid and two days of our lives?

Mr H.

Sensible replies only please please please.

A Very Civil Pilot
30th Jul 2008, 16:04
I think it's just On-Track and AOPA that run them now, and both seem to say that 25 attendees is the break even point.

Remember for next time that you can attend a seminar any time during the 3 years to revalidate your rating.

Noisy Hooligan
30th Jul 2008, 19:15
thanks for the info, I should hopefully be able to renew on experience and a test next time now the required hours are 50 over the 3 years with 12 in the last.

Prospin
31st Jul 2008, 07:25
Morning All,

I'll be up for an earlier seminar because mine has run out. The sooner the better!!

I know there's one at the start of September at Weston, Ireland - would that count?

Prospin

Noisy Hooligan
2nd Aug 2008, 08:56
Cripes! That would add yet another 200 quid to the cost! Hopefully we can arrange one a little closer to home.
NH.

Thoroughly Nice Bloke...
9th Aug 2008, 20:38
I'll be up for an earlier seminar so count me in...

TNB

bell47
12th Aug 2008, 10:29
I'm looking too.

C182
15th Aug 2008, 16:07
I'm looking as well somewhere north west of London +100mi

Cheers Mike