PDA

View Full Version : Examiners

Evilbob
28th Jul 2008, 21:11
Hi All,

Does anybody know where I may be able to find a list of PPL flight examiners? I have searched the CAA site but all I can come up with is RT examiners.:ugh:

The examiner our school presently uses is not as available as we sometimes might like so it would be handy if we could have some other options.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

Thanks

EB

Duchess_Driver
28th Jul 2008, 22:30
Might be useful if you state where you are.....

Evilbob
29th Jul 2008, 08:35
South Lincolnshire, but I figured that may be considered advertising. :=

Am I to assume that the CAA don't publish a list? They list just about everything else (schools, RT examiners and AMEs etc) why not flight examiners?

shed loads
29th Jul 2008, 20:11
I have never seen a list of PPL examiners, but I do remember the latest form asking the applicant to state if they were willing for their details to be published. So I'm guessing there might be!

Certainly one of the criteria used in appointing examiners is to ensure adequate geographical / demographical cover.

Whopity
30th Jul 2008, 12:33
Contact PLD Approvals Support and ask for the list. I gather it is not published because they don't know who they asked if its OK to publish! They used to publish the list about 10 years ago.

Evilbob
30th Jul 2008, 15:50
Thanks, I'll contact PLD and see what I can find out and report back here.

Duchess_Driver
30th Jul 2008, 19:30
A qucik call to DEFTS at Barkston Heath should sort you out.

Try 01400 265000, think that's the contact number for Babcocks....

HTH

Evilbob
2nd Aug 2008, 09:50
Thanks DD,

I'll maybe give that a try, I know the CP had an examiner rating (did my FIC there) but I believe he resides at the other end of the county. Still could be worth a shot.

Evilbob
7th Aug 2008, 12:21
I gave PLD a call and they don't have a list of examiners at this time and no mention was made of any such list becoming available in the future.