PDA

View Full Version : Tryig to ID an Aircraft?

VfrpilotPB/2
28th Jul 2008, 20:36
Good evening,

MY house is on the verge of the Ribble Valley, infact the Aviation maps have us as VRP Blackburn, for some weeks now I have had many complaints from neighbours (cos they know I fly Helis) about a noise that can be heard nearly every day , when it was pointed out to me I listened intently and soon put the noise to a smallish straight high winged twin engined(Turboprop)aircraft constantly flying backwards and forewards at a hight of around 5 to 7500ft, this aircraft looks thrugh the glasses rather like some sort of Brittain Norman type A/c, with its constant backwards and forwards track and some very tight turns it looks like some sort of training sortie, but my mind needs to try to find out why such a boring seemingly day long flight over some pretty mundane sort of countryside( Jack Straws domain), can anyone enlighten me.

Many regards

Peter R-B
Vfrpilotpb/2

hobbit1983
29th Jul 2008, 08:46
At a guess...calibration flight from BAE Warton, or similar?

Malcolm G O Payne
29th Jul 2008, 14:56
How about aerial survey. I spent three years doing that work and it fits the description.

Final 3 Greens
29th Jul 2008, 16:19
Police force Defender?

BigEndBob
29th Jul 2008, 21:00
Try asking in the military forum.
Suprised if you get a reply??

VFE
29th Jul 2008, 21:08
Sounds like survey work to me - point of departure could be anywhere in the UK really. Ask yer neighbours if they read maps and then tell them to stop moaning. :p

VFE.

Kanu
29th Jul 2008, 21:14
could be FR's donier 228. They do "survey" work too *winks*

horsebox
29th Jul 2008, 22:33
Grey Military islander in and out of blackpool alot recently for fuel. Seems to fit the description, disappears off for several hours at a time, then drops into the circuit from 4000ft or so, refuels, then straight back out. Some sort of surveilance or training activity perhaps?