PDA

View Full Version : Reliable Ferrying Assistance?

Yakko
28th Jul 2008, 15:52
Hello,

I am hoping to buy a 172 from Hungary, not really interested in bringing it in myself, would rather get a professional to do it.

Now I had a company recommended to me called Ferryair. they have a website but seem to operate on a mobile number and no real address details, has anyone dealt them or do you know of a reliable and reputable outfit who could assist, at the moment its in the negotiating stage to purchase so its not 100% but any help appreciated.

Thanks

wrinkleballs
28th Jul 2008, 21:37
Hi Yakko

I have a mate who I believe is current on the 172 , recently ferried a SU29 from EGLM to Hungary.Let me know if interested and I will put you in touch

Platinum206
28th Jul 2008, 21:40
Define Professional !!! :D

A CPL holder or a professional Ferry Company??

vincegod
28th Jul 2008, 22:13
I would do a google of "pjk" Peter Kelsey, he is the guy behind Ferryair. He has allegedly been banned from a number of groups for giving very dangerous information to newbies. IMHO this guy is very disturbed and should be given a wide berth. PJK does remind me of those Harry Enfield adverts for Dime Bars from the 80’s and 90’s. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83n3X0S_lFE&feature=related)

Vince

silverknapper
28th Jul 2008, 22:59
Would be interested to see what sort of quotes you receive. To my mind there shouldn't be anything particularly difficult about a ferry like this. Indeed as platinum alludes to, I would guess you would find a reasonably experienced FI or just a plain CPL to do it for the experience if you paid all expenses (perhaps plus a reasonable daily rate). I guess where the professionals come into the equation would be the actual purchase admin.

S-Works
29th Jul 2008, 06:41
I will do it for free or even better accompany you. PM sent.

Wrong Stuff
29th Jul 2008, 06:50
FerryAir have been discussed on the Flyer Forums. (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26280) Hungary in a 172 isn't so far that you really need a ferry pilot. I'd take up the kind offer of Bose-X and fly it with him, if I was you.

IO540
29th Jul 2008, 07:32
Hungary is just up the road from the UK. Anybody who can fly can do it. Just get the charts out, lay them out on the floor, plan a route which lies outside controlled airspace, file a flight plan, and go. Check the weather of course :) Might need ~ 2 fuel stops.

Yakko
29th Jul 2008, 09:10
Thanks for all the replies and Pm's am away for a few days so will get back to haggling next week.

I did read the mentioned thread and do a google search, so thanks to those who pointed that out, some very scary comments out there on the interweb, so no not what I had in mind.

Regards
Frank (Yakko cos I waffle on a bit)

SpeedbirdXK8
29th Jul 2008, 10:50
Agree with Kelsey comments. If you want could help to hook you up with a realible Hungarian pilot. Like everyone says the flight is not difficult just long and will require at least one fuel stop. Are you buying the C172 advertised in GA Buyer? Have you fully checked the paper work and done your own pre-purchase? How are you paying? Don't reply if I'm asking too many questions but Hungary can be a mine field.

Billredshoes
29th Jul 2008, 18:25
I have this year March / April ferried our AN2 to / from Popham Nyireghaza Hungry why pay some one to have a great deal of fun when you can do it your self, I will also do it for free, its much easier than you think. :ok:

adz1616
9th Aug 2008, 11:15
Id be happy to do it for free too... Its a doddle.

Last year i flew from Elstree to Tel Aviv, Israel and flying over is easy and fun!!

Send me and Bose!!!

Sam Rutherford
10th Aug 2008, 06:56
It's an easy flight, you really should do it yourself with a buddy or one of the offers on here! You won't regret it!

Sam.