PDA

View Full Version : Renewing PPL SEP (L) rating Q's?

ooshaugh1
14th Jul 2008, 21:34
Hello everyone,

I completed my PPL 6 yrs ago before beginning college. During college I didn't have the time and money to continue flying regularly.
I recently renewed my PPL with the UK CAA but my SEP (l) has expired. I haven't flown for over 3 yrs.
My question is: What will be required for me to renew my SEP(l) and night ratings?
I will soon be moving to Perth Weatern Australia. Does anyone know of any JAA operators their where this training and renewal could be preformed?

Many thanks in advance for all responses,

Owen

Duchess_Driver
14th Jul 2008, 22:40
Your licence is valid for 5 years, but ratings attached to it are valid for a lesser period of time - SEP rating is 2 years.

LASORS will confirm this, but IIRC then you need training at the discretion of the CFI to pass a 'skills test'. This could be anything depending upon how 'rusty' you are. Again, IIRC, you shouldn't need to re-do any ground exams as your licence itself is valid.

Your local club CFI should be able to confirm this....just phone and ask.

As for OZ schools....yep, I'm sure there will be one not too far. But your ICAO licence should be recognized once valid again and you could easily convert it to an Aussie one if you're over there permanently.

Whopity
15th Jul 2008, 18:24
Looks like your SEP rating has most likely expired by more than 5 years, in which case it will have to go back to Gatwick for re-issue; less than 5 years and the examiner can do it. If you are in Auz that could be more of a problem.

Western Australia Aviation College at Jandakot should be able to help you re JAA qualified examiners. WA Aviation College (http://www.waaviationcollege.com.au/)

You will have to do a Skill Test lasting about an hour: Airfield departure two steep turns, two stalls; UP recovery; PFL; short navigation leg at examiners discretion; back to the airfield for 3 circuits. As per:http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1157.pdf