PDA

View Full Version : Language proficiency certification on new SRG 1119 form

hugh flung_dung
13th Jul 2008, 21:16
Section 6 of the latest SRG 1119 (issue 12) is the language certification section:

"The pilot named above has been assessed for English language proficiency in accordance with the ICAO language proficiency rating
scale to Level 6 – Expert.
Tick as appropriate YES NO
CAA Reference .......................... Date.................................
Examiner’s name ........................ Signature..........................."

Are the rest of you interpreting the "CAA Reference" as being for the examiner, or the pilot being certified?

HFD:confused:

Level 400
14th Jul 2008, 09:19
Hugh

IMHO It looks like a declaration by the examiner and thus it would be logical that the examiner´s number goes in here.

The Candidate´s number, name etc would be filled in further up the form, so no need to fill it in again.

However, guidance by PLD or by one of the staff examiners on this point will be useful.

Level 400:hmm:

hugh flung_dung
14th Jul 2008, 09:31
Yes, that's how I interpreted it initially BUT it's on page 2 of the form and all the pilot details are on page 1 - if the 2 pages were separated there would be nothing to tie them together.

If only there was a PLD number I could ring. Life's too short to voluntarily do battle with their dreadful automated exchange so I'll send them an email.

HFD

Level 400
15th Jul 2008, 09:03
Hugh

WHen next in UK I'll seek clarification from the team at EGHH who have been very good at clarifying these sorts of things in the past, quickly and with no automated exchanges to battle through.

I'll let you know. Unless you find out first.

Level 400:confused:

BEagle
15th Jul 2008, 09:16
'Named above' is the clue...

If in doubt, write the name and CAA reference no. of the applicant on the second page as well, I would suggest.

Whopity
15th Jul 2008, 18:15
Having filled in many of the SRG 1199 the other ICAO English Language proficiency certificate; the box is the same and clearly for the Examiners details. Of course unless the Examiner is Level 6 they can't sign it!

BEagle
15th Jul 2008, 18:33
Well actually, Whopity old chum, your erstwhile employers told me that all UK Examiners are deemed to have ICAO Level 6 English.

Otherwise there'd be chaos - because there simply wouldn't be enough English language assessors to go round!

Whopity
16th Jul 2008, 07:32
What about the foreign ones?

I rather like the American attitude, "if the candidate can understand my brief he is Level 6". I am English and couldn't understand most of what this guy said to me!