PDA

View Full Version : CP Air DC-8 CF-CPP

DC-10-COL
28th Jun 2008, 18:35
Hello,

in 1979 I flew in CP Air's DC-8-63, CF-CPP "Empress of Honolulu" (c/n 45927/327) from Prestwick, Scotland to Vancouver, this was my first flight as an 8 year and I am looking for any good photo's or slides of this aircaft. If anyone can help please get in touch.

Regards, Colin.

planett
28th Jun 2008, 18:39
Try airliners.net or jetphotos.net or other aviation photo enthusiasts websites. They often have a means of narrowing your search to specific models, airlines, registrations, airports, or serial numbers.

Good Luck.

bzh
28th Jun 2008, 19:02
JetPhotos.Net Photo » CF-CPP CP Air Douglas DC-8-63 by Pedro Aragão (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=72896)

there you go.... took almost 10s search

also:

JetPhotos.Net Aviation Photos: CF-CPP (http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?regsearch=CF-CPP)

hbloom
28th Jun 2008, 21:00
I believe cf cpp went to worldways.

mymymy
28th Jun 2008, 21:51
In the pic taken in Portugal, there is a service vehicle on the aircraft starboard side with hoses connected to aircraft just fwd of main gear.

Does anybody know what system is being serviced here??

just curious:rolleyes:

3my

Pilot DAR
29th Jun 2008, 03:21
DC-10-COL,

I worked for Worldways during the time we aquired and operated this aircraft, along with three of its sister ships. I have some very old photos of these aircraft as Worldways. There are much better ones on various websites though.

Interestingly, one of the four aircraft, though I don't remember which of them, had a plaque behind the pilot's seat, which stated that the aircraft had been flown supersonic during Douglas flight testing. An interesting aircraft, with their share of amusing stories during their time with us....

If the modest quality, but quite original, Worldways photos would help you, feel free to PM me.

Pilot DAR

PaperTiger
30th Jun 2008, 21:24
one of the four aircraft, though I don't remember which of them, had a plaque behind the pilot's seat, which stated that the aircraft had been flown supersonic during Douglas flight testingThe Mach 1 diesel-8 was CF-CPG Empress of Buenos Aires. It was never operated by Worldways (that was CF-CPH), so somebody must have umm... appropriated the plaque somewhere along the way.

MarkerInbound
30th Jun 2008, 22:02
Very few DC-8s had APUs. Ground power plugs in on the right front and external air is right up front.