PDA

View Full Version : Inverness info needed ...

FullyFlapped
17th Jun 2008, 13:52
Does anyone know if Inverness (EGPE) insist on handling for visiting private light aircraft ?

If so, which particular set of Dick Turpin look-alikes do I have to use ? :ugh:

Cheers !

youngskywalker
17th Jun 2008, 14:23
Probably Signature. A thick wedge of notes will no doubt be required!

sollas
17th Jun 2008, 14:33
Might be worth phoning highland flying school, they may be able to answer that for you as based at Inverness.

'India-Mike
17th Jun 2008, 17:10
£16 for an Arrow IV a couple of weeks ago. Park, walk into Signature (might be nobody there) and follow the written guidelines for paying. Fill out slip, deposit in box, leave!

Make sure you have a PPR number as they threaten to hit you with the full fee (whatever that is).

Parking extra

PH-UKU
17th Jun 2008, 22:53
If you need fuel, check with Air BP as to the best time to arrive. I seem to recall that 8-9, 12-1 and 4-6 were very busy times ...

If you turn up at the busy time (Ryanair, Easyjet, Loganair, Flymaybe and Eastern Airways etc...) .. then expect to wait .... and wait ... and wait ..as you are the lowest priority. And last time I was there, Air BP only had one refueller on duty. So ... AVGAS customers had to wait til all the JET A1 fuellling was done so that the poor overworked refueller could swap tankers and then come over to the aeroclub. That said he was dead helpful and friendly, just obviously his bosses who need a boot up the customer service ar$e ... ;)

Some folks from down south were waiting for 2-3 hrs and were worried about running out of daylight ... not so much of a problem on 21st June :E

Mr Greedy
20th Jun 2008, 19:51
You could always try DALCROSS HANDLING. New company started just over a year ago, I think thats who Signature use for ground equipment at Inverness. It may be cheaper to go direct and cut out the middle man as it were.

'India-Mike
20th Jun 2008, 19:56
Now that IS news - tell us more. Tel no?

XL319
20th Jun 2008, 23:25
Sounds a bit like Durham Tees Valley with the fuel ........wait and wait and wait :ugh::zzz:

Mr Greedy
21st Jun 2008, 07:31
Dalcross Handling ctc details:-

tel : 01667 464120
e-mail : [email protected]

They also have air to ground but not sure of frequency......

FullyFlapped
21st Jun 2008, 09:04
I went yesterday, just to pick up some PAX and depart again, and expected to land at 3:30. Of course, due to the usual combination of unforeseen delays I didn't arrive until just after 4pm. I'd called beforehand, and had ATC call the refuellers when I landed ... I still waited 2.5 hours for fuel.

They had one poor guy working both the A1 and Avgas trucks, and he had umpteen LoCos etc to fuel up. He explained he had to give priority to the CAT, and to be honest I felt really sorry for him, because there were plenty of people giving him stick.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if he'd had an accident, or gone sick suddenly ? I wonder if the CAT operators realise there's only one (presumably licenced and insured) fueller in attendance at any one time ?

BTW, landing fees are excellent - £16 for a heavy single.