PDA

View Full Version : USA TRIP - suggestions for trips!

LondonPilot23
17th Jun 2008, 10:10
Hi All,

Off to Florida in September and doing a lot of flying. Anyone got any tips for flying trips? Either day trips or for overnight stays?

Thanks!

LP23

deltaxray
17th Jun 2008, 10:32
Head up to Gainsville for the college football week. Its absolutely mental there. Hope to go myself this year. Just make sure you stay overnight or at least have someone else to fly the return leg home:}
There are loads of places for nice day trips like key west, venice, naples. If you have more time head up to savana georgia. Only takes like 3-4 hours.
If your into seeing some nice military aircraft and a boeing manafacturing hanger then head to cecil airfield near jacksonville. I got some nice pics there.
Plan a trip up the east coast and get some pics of the kennedy space centre too.
I haven't done it myself but a few people i know planned a trip to atlanta for an overnight. Not sure what the attraction was but they enjoyed it.
I know i've mentioned a few places outside florida but its not often you get to see the states like that:ok:

gfunc
17th Jun 2008, 11:36
You've got to get down to Key West, making sure you route down Miami beach at under 500ft. It works out about 3.5 hours each way. The scenery over the keys is absolutely stunning.

Be aware that September is peak hurricane season, so you might need to chnage your plans at relatively short notice!

Gareth.

dont overfil
17th Jun 2008, 12:29
Try Cedar Key. (CDK) 90 miles wnw of Orlando. Easy trip, no controlled airspace, quaint town a short trip in a vintage checker cab. 2000ft runway will make your check pilot panic.
Venice, same distance sw. Complementary taxi to Sharkys bar on the beach.
Bahamas for overnight but buy Bahamas and Carribean guide and study it before you go. That one can change your life.
DO