PDA

View Full Version : Headset + comfort.

Ringway Flyer
15th Jun 2008, 07:37
I've been licensed for about 10 years and decided that I deserved a more comfortable headset. The existing one is a Sigtronics S-20, brought back from the USofA when I was struggling for cash.... so I read as much as I could and the favourite looked to be the Sennheiser 100. My Sennheiser hi-fi cans are very good, so that's why I started there. The only real problem with the Sigtronics is the head band, which, after an hour or so, gives me a headache owing to pressure in one spot.

Unfortunately, the Sennheisers were just the same, as were the Peltor. eventually the Very Helpful young man at AFE suggested trying David Clark H10-13.4. Instant comfort! Their wide foam head band did the trick. But £200? The aforementioned Helpful young man pointed out that the DC head band was available as a spare part, should any damage occur, for £29.95. On closer examination of said part, it looked VERY similar to the fitting on my Sigtronics...

So I decide to spend £30 and try to swap the head bands over. At home, after 15 minutes... Happiness! In fact, looking at the Sigtronics, they appear to be almost a blue clone of the DCs.

'Super Soft Double Foam Headpad Kit, P/N 40688G-36'.

:ok: