PDA

View Full Version : Airbus A320 Flaps/THS On Mcdu.

lfbb
10th Jun 2008, 21:48
I wonder why we insert the Flaps and THS position on the perf takeoff page? The aircraft does not compare these values with the actual flap and THS position, does it?

Dream Land
11th Jun 2008, 01:58
Just a place to make a notation.

Dan Winterland
11th Jun 2008, 02:27
It's a reminder function.

77.shailesh
11th Jun 2008, 02:28
Hi
This is because earlier old 320 aircrafts have to do this ,they did int have GPS primary & u knw its for T/O with intersection rwys & u also have T/O inhibit which takes care of ur all small T/O failures ,But it is good to do it because If u move on the Wide body 330 then it's mandatory to do it as it will give an ECAM on the T/O
Cheers:ok:

Tail-take-off
11th Jun 2008, 09:10
This is because earlier old 320 aircrafts have to do this ,they did int have GPS primary & u knw its for T/O with intersection rwys

The question was about Flap & trim position memos not the take-off shift.

The memos are just a reminder for when you set Flap & trim positions after start up. I also compare the memo items with what is set as part of my take-off brief review during the before take-off checks.

lfbb
11th Jun 2008, 12:23
Thanks all for the info.. but would be nice if the TO Config could compare the actual THS and Flap position with the values on the MCDU...

FlightDirector7
29th Jun 2008, 09:33
Hi Everyone,

To answer your question as to whether the aircraft compares the Flap setting and THS setting, the answer is YES. When you press the T.O CONFIG test as part of your SOP after obtaining cabin clearance, an ECAM MASTER CAUTION will be generated if you have not entered the flap setting and trim setting in the PERF page as the aircraft does not have a figure to compare the actual setting of flap and trim. For reference you can refer to FCOM 1.31.15 (Indicating/recording systems) under configuration warnings.

Hope this helps

0-8
29th Jun 2008, 12:27
The answer is: It depends....

I've checked the FCOM for A320's with MSN's ranging from the early hundreds up to 2000+.

It states:
'It is for information only (no action)'

However in the A330:
'The Flap setting is used by the FWC to trigger the FLAP/MCDU DISAGREE ECAM CAUTION'

It is quite possible that this feature has been implemented in the newer A320's as FlightDirector7 states.

Check FCOM 4.03.20 to see what your aircraft does.

pullup hard
29th Jun 2008, 12:39
Hi, we are talking 2 different things:

FLAP / THS

1st: Flap setting- need to be inserted as it will trigger a TO warning!
2nd. THS setting- the THS Trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer is a reminder function only and has no effect on the TO warning, be it blank or not.

- my previous Airline did not require any insertion as the Loadsheet would only indicate a THS setting in % of CG
- my present employer asks for it as a SOP and therefore produces an additional THS Stab Up remark on the loadsheet.

Clear as mud now?:}

puh

Oxidant
29th Jun 2008, 13:15
2nd. THS setting- the THS Trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer is a reminder function only and has no effect on the TO warning, be it blank or not.

I Concur, having flown a number of brand new 320s (Built Feb/May 2008) for two different Airlines. One Co. inserts the THS setting, the other does not.

However, there are so many customer options on the aircraft, differences in the MCDU menus/options (both FMS2) computer generated call outs etc. That you can never be complacent ........................