PDA

View Full Version : Tie down space in Los Angeles or north thereof

lostpianoplayer
8th Jun 2008, 05:04
Had a great flight down from the Bay Area to Fresno today, with a very generous poster to this forum, who kindly offered me a ride in his very cool 1950s 310 to pick up my new 340. Thanks mate :) Always good to see Prrune relationships go real world...and it was a wicked flight!

Had just confirmed a previous suspected problem - the damn tail is too high to get into my hangar at Van Nuys. We're looking at weird at wonderful ways of getting it in anyway, using a ramp to raise the nose wheel/lower the tail...but...

does anyone know of any airports in LA area, or up as far as Camarillo, where tie down spaces are cheap and easy to get. If so, couldya post, or PM me, ideally wih rates if you know 'em? Yep, I'll start calling on Monday, but thought I'd ask here too...

It'll only be for two or three months, probably - we have a solution to the hangar prob, but it'll take a little while to resolve...

172driver
8th Jun 2008, 07:55
Have you tried KBUR ? Drove past my old haunt the other day and although GA (the small stuff, not the jets) is largely gone from there, it appeared that there were quite a few vacant slots on the flightline (the one near the runup of 08).

HTH

9AlphaWhiskey
8th Jun 2008, 15:42
Santa Monica, just over the Sepulveda pass from VNY.
I believe both the airport management in the office near the restaurant at midfield, south side, and American Flyers, southwest corner of the field, offer monthly tiedown rates. I rented from American Flyers a couple of years ago. I was there a couple of months and the charges were reasonable. SMO has been going thru some political flux lately, so some of this may have changed.

Also, Santa Paula, KSZP, for the cheapest fuel in the L.A. basin. It's a funky little airport out by Camarillo, the kind of place that always has room for one more airplane.

lostpianoplayer
14th Jun 2008, 03:33
...and, actually, will use Santa Paula next time I'm back. Right now the machine is pretty close to S.P., at another nice little airport. Took a look at Santa Paula though - lovely atmosphere.

Thanks guys.