PDA

View Full Version : Flight school in Morocco

florin_el
31st May 2008, 12:09
Hello,

I started my flight training in Morocco in February, clocked already more than 40 hours of which 15 solo, just passed with my instructor a checkride. The problem is that I am leaving Morocco now and the next theory exam will be in NOVEMBER 2008. Is it any way I can finish up the school and get the PPL in Europe without scrapping all my flight hours and starting over?

I have got a pilot flight logs with all stamps from local aviation authority and instructor/airclub.

florin_el
8th Apr 2009, 20:00
Hello again.
I have finished my course, passed my theory exams, passed the checkride (in January) still waiting for my paper (they are out of stock of forms).

The fun was great, done most of it in a C150, later I have trained in a C172 with constant speed propeller, got also complex endorsement.

Question: With the license I got it looks that I can fly (alomost) anywhere with a moroccan registered plane. That would be tough to find.
Found out to my surprise (not done homeworks properly) that to convert the paper to a JAA paper I need 100 hours PIC.

I am no longer in Morocco and it doesn't looks I will get these hours there so:
1. should I re-do all PPL training in other country? France, UK?
2. What will happen to my already clocked hours (properly logged with all stamps)?
3. what will happen with my moroccan license? should I keep it for when flying in Morocco, frame it on my office wall as a souvenir?

Thanks for any help!

Molesworth 1
8th Apr 2009, 20:28
You have done very well to pass your checkride with just 40 hours. Surely at least some of these are transferable to a JAA-PPL. The 100 hours story sounds a bit far-fetched,

IO540
8th Apr 2009, 20:42
With any ICAO PPL, you can fly a G-reg plane, VFR, noncommercial, worldwide (ref: ANO article 26). No validation required.

Having just come back from Morocco, I am amazed you managed to survive as long as you did in that god forsaken hellhole ;) Still, I guess there must be people who like that food :)

S-Works
8th Apr 2009, 21:31
When did you get back IO, I have been in Morocco on and off for the last 10 days working and did not see your TB20.

I don't think it is quite the hell hole you make out, I quite liked the area personally. Perhaps I do not have the same exacting standards as you!

florin_el
9th Apr 2009, 06:02
to pass your checkride with just 40 hours

40 hrs I had in May, only on C150. By the time I passed the checkride, including the training on complex I had 63hrs.

you can fly a G-reg plane

So, if I want to move towards the CPL I could fly a G-reg up to 100 hrs PIC then proceed with conversion to PPL from a JAA country. Then continue to build up hours.
It looks tempting however to redo PPL in an accelerated way since I can already drive the machine.
So important is still how many of the hours I can recover? :confused:

people who like that food

Hehehe... I have to admitt that requires some training before you enjoy it. Just respecting "eat local food at local eating places at local eating time" makes the place enjoyable.
Casablanca, Rabat, Marrakech and Agadir have enough good restaurants.