PDA

View Full Version : Station Manager Pay Rates

helo425
31st May 2008, 10:41
Fishing for info.

Can anyone offer a rough guide as to what rates of pay a Handling Agents Station Manager can command also if anyone will divulge what rates are on offer to Ops Managers with the various airlines and operators.

Situation: Leaving RAF after 12ys in Ops and obviously have know idea what the rest of the world is paying.

Thanks All.

legalize
31st May 2008, 22:15
Station managers at BHx - £32000-£40000

helo425
1st Jun 2008, 18:35
Thank you. That gives me a ballpark Helo425

boredcounter
2nd Jun 2008, 04:14
Stay put for a bit mate...........

Civvie aviation is dead mans shoes.

No disrespect, not knowing your background in depth, massive commercial pressure on ground and airline managers at the moment....................

NOT A GOOD TIME at all.

You may wish to set your sights a bit lower?

Bored

MSF
2nd Jun 2008, 16:29
'Civvie aviation is dead mans shoes'

And a really long ladder to climb!

I think you will find that a commission has very little pull in the airline world.
Lods of very experienced bods on the market now and very few positions to be filled - and yes it is who you know
For a stn manager's job you will need lots of checkable history (commercial) behind you.

I hope you have the option to sign on as I left in 1990 with the economy in a similar state , I should have stayed in.
Not that staying in would have too much better - just the lesser of two evils.
8 years to pension - not too long to wait for a lot of money.

You might think of staying in and doing the FAA dispatcher course and get some transport management courses under your belt.

OpsMan38
18th Jun 2008, 14:31
Hi

When are you leaving the RAF? I left recently and had no issues in gaining employment in the industry. I'm actively recruiting at the moment and may have something you could be interested in.

I left after a few more years than you have under your belt after spending the last third of those via Cranwell but stayed in the Ops environment. There is a lot of interest for service leavers at the moment and I'd always suggest you aim high.

Good luck, drop me a line and we can discuss further outside of this forum.

OpsMan38 :ok: