PDA

View Full Version : M-1 visa TSA all done at last

Sakura-Ichiban
31st May 2008, 08:00
Well finally I have all the paperwork completed to go to the US for flight training.
A real big thanks to to all those on PPrune. When I first thought about this it sounded fun, but then reading a couple of posts, it seemed quite difficult.
I would like to say that I followed the TSA instructions by the letter (look carefully at their site) and the US embassy instructions and I was able to obtain visa and TSA clearance in less than 14 days. The various payments necessary though can catch you out, for the TSA, the visa application and visa processing are all different and all need receipts.
I am off to Hawaii for 4 weeks and I will let you all know how I got on. Again, big thanks to all the advise posted on PPrune.

BackPacker
31st May 2008, 08:10
Sakura-Ichiban, it's been two years since I went through this whole process and I wrote a thread about it, which you have discovered, I'm sure.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278995

If anything has changed in the meantime in the process somehow, feel free to add to it.

Good luck with your flying training! I'm assuming you're going to do FAA?

Sakura-Ichiban
31st May 2008, 14:32
Hello. Yes indeed it was your post that intrigued me. I spent so much time looking for schools I ended up going around and around :) Your article was very good and encouraged me to continue the search. Thanks.

Yes I am going for an FAA.