PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ATPL still valid?

snail
30th May 2008, 07:30
I converted a New Zealand CPL to a Canadian ATPL in 1999 and worked in Canada for approx 6 months after this but went back to NZ in 2000. I've been flying in NZ since then and was wondering if my Canadian ATPL is still valid?

pineridge
30th May 2008, 15:08
To Snail....

Your licence is still valid if you renew the Canadian medical with a Transport Canada approved doctor.
Your Instrument Rating written is still valid if you are in current flying practice and can document a valid New Zealand instrument Rating flight test or renewal flight test. A copy of your last company recurrency flight test will do.
In addition, you will need to pass a Transport Canada Instrument Rating renewal flight test, but this can be done as part of a proficiency flight test and/or type endorsement check ride at your new company in Canada.
There are some other wrinkles to consider, transfer of aircraft type endorsements, for example, so I suggest that you go to the Transport Canada website.

snail
31st May 2008, 06:55
Thanks
I've got no plans to come back at the moment but it's nice to know it's still valid.

Glorified Donkey
31st May 2008, 13:10
well if i was in new zealand i wouldnt want to go back either :}