PDA

View Full Version : Numpties

dont overfil
29th May 2008, 12:08
Two fife numpties are ordered to pay an aircraft owner £5000 compensation and are sentanced to 400 hrs community service after they set fire to a C172 which had been force landed in a field the day before.
Report and photo on the front page of the Dundee courier.

Captain Smithy
29th May 2008, 13:45
Was that the C182 which did a forced landing on the golf course last year?

dont overfil
29th May 2008, 13:54
Smithy,
It was in a field near Aberdour according to the report. Not to be confused with 'RO landing at elmwood.
Unfortunately they're not going inside but their pictures and address is in the paper. They're all yours.
DO

TheGorrilla
29th May 2008, 15:28
I can only assume these numpties have lots of C172 time and thought that they were doint the owner a favour by burning it.

dont overfil
29th May 2008, 15:35
Actually they probably did do him a favour. £57000 from the insurance company plus £5000 from the numpties is quite a lot for an elderly (judging from the paint scheme) 172. Maybe it was a 182.
DO

TheGorrilla
29th May 2008, 15:41
..... And a £5K fine is only half the amount of the cut that the owner is giving the thugs to do the job in the first place. So it's a win-win!!!:}

dont overfil
29th May 2008, 15:49
Hmm, now that I think about it I remember some mysterious extra damage being found on our club AA5 after it was force landed.

Captain Smithy
29th May 2008, 15:54
Have retracted part of my earlier statement because it was a little silly/immature and contributed nothing to the thread. Apologies folks. Though these sorts of folk really cheese me off.

niknak
29th May 2008, 17:09
I believe that this a/c made a forced landing in an area no one would have thought have visiting, but a local radio station broadcast the location, with it being the most exciting thing to happen in Scotland in many years, and said numpties decided to have their own Bonfire Night early.
If it's any consalation, they damaged their own vehicle beyond repair trying to escape from the site.

Gertrude the Wombat
29th May 2008, 17:17
£57000 from the insurance company plus £5000 from the numpties
Eh?? - just like in a car crash, surely, if you get some of your loss reimbursed by the perp this comes off the insurance claim??

Will Hung
29th May 2008, 19:02
Can someone please tell me how to paste a quote in blue ? :{

BackPacker
29th May 2008, 20:31
Eh?? - just like in a car crash, surely, if you get some of your loss reimbursed by the perp this comes off the insurance claim??

My thought more or less. But I guess there's two things going on. Well, three actually.

a. Insurance company pays the owner because of the loss of the airframe.
b. Criminal case due to vandalism is started by the government. Insurance waits for the outcome of this criminal case. Criminal case leads to conviction, which leads to a fine as compensation for immaterial damages (crying over a 172 presumably) or material damages not covered by the insurance.
c. Insurance company now starts a civil suit against the vandals, pointing to the outcome of the criminal suit as evidence, and claiming the payments to the owner plus some admin costs back.

In most cases, item c. leads to bankruptcy of the vandals, or their parents, with the insurance company losing money. Also, the insurance company may settle with the vandals into some sort of agreement preventing bankruptcy but leading to a lifetime of payments or something like that. In any case, item c is usually not a public case and none of the parties has any benefit by publishing about it anyway, so you don't normally hear from it anymore.

Piper.Classique
29th May 2008, 20:42
Can someone please tell me how to paste a quote in blue ? :{Certainly

Copy the text you want to quote, (highlight it and hit CTRL C) then hit reply

Click on the icon that looks like a tiny printed page and then paste your text in the middlle of the square brackets. CTRL V will do the paste.
Voila, quote in blue:)

Will Hung
29th May 2008, 21:14
Copy the text you want to quote, (highlight it and hit CTRL C) then hit reply

Like this ? PC, you're the best !

TheGorrilla
30th May 2008, 00:31
Can someone please tell me how to paste a quote in blue ? :{

Certainly, highlight the text, copy and paste, then insert foul language where gramatically possible :eek:.

Will Hung
30th May 2008, 07:36
Who un-locked his cage ?

Can someone please place an apple crumble in it to entice him back in !

Human Factor
30th May 2008, 09:25
It'll never work, he has a Yak now..... :eek:

Golf Alpha Whisky
30th May 2008, 12:22
Some pretty stupid and flippant replies on this thread to what was a gross act of criminal damage. What a pity the AVGAS never took a hold while they were in the immediate vicinity.

Can someone tell me where two numpties are going to find £5,000?

Crash one
30th May 2008, 12:29
Probably the wrong attitude in this day & age, but wouldn't it be nice if the GA community got together in these cases & beat seven bells of **** out of these pillocks.
Perhaps I've got too short a fuse.

NorthSouth
30th May 2008, 12:38
GAW:What a pity the AVGAS never took a hold Rumour has it that there wasn't any AVGAS to take hold. Perhaps # numpties >2?
NS

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
2nd Jun 2008, 15:26
NorthSouth. Do we conclude from that, it was the hapless aviator's own fault then?

blue up
2nd Jun 2008, 18:08
I can see it coming. "No, Sir", says our intrepid aviator, "There was PLENTY in there when I landed but I drained it all off to stop the Numpties from setting fire to it later on".

I shall file that one away for use at some future date. Nearly had a use for it last month. I landed at Keffalinia with only 8.5 tons of JET-A left in the tanks!:E

TheGorrilla
2nd Jun 2008, 18:53
Cage??! Good god man I only come out of the jungle when I'm not hunting silly little baboons in order to post chimpanzee dung on this website. Such as:

Some pretty stupid and flippant replies on this thread to what was a gross act of criminal damage. What a pity the AVGAS never took a hold while they were in the immediate vicinity.

A pretty stupid and flippant remark!

Tell me that was deliberate humour or I'm going to phone Tarzan.