PDA

View Full Version : The Mas Airasia War

QAR
8th May 2008, 08:53
I Have Been Reading On The Malaysian Newspapers Online The War That Is Going On In Malaysia With Mas And Ak.

I Really Not Undestand This Man Tf And His Statements.

He Is Such A Sore Loser.

I Think Mas Has All The Rights In Doing Whatever They Want With Their Promotion Ideas.

Mas Domestic Sector Is Only Filled Up 70% Load Factor So They Have Decided To Give The Balance 30% As $0 Fare And Make A Few Bucks On Tax.

Dont Understand Why Tf Is So Sore About That.

We All Know That Tf Has The Backing Of The Present Goverment With His Connection.

He Got His Much Wanted Singapore Route...and Ak Has Pinched So Many Pilots,cabin Crew And Ground Staff From Mas...

Tf Statement Was "we Got Better Planes,better Food With Their Hot Roticanai Onboard And Better Cabin Crew"...

Come On With This Kind Of Statement He Is Losing The Plot...(the Share Price At The Moment Speaks For Itself)..

He Said The He Will pay The Difference If Mas Fare Is Cheaper..he Should Keep The Diffrence And Pay And Treat His Staff Better I Guess

But I Have Never Heard A Single Word ,complain Or Bad Remark From The Mas Ceo About Ak....hats Off!!!!

FMGCS
8th May 2008, 09:45
I have been wondering what is happening with AK. The share price dropped from RM 2.00 to RM 1.22 in the last 6 months.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=5099.KL&t=6m&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Any feedback?

Left Wing
8th May 2008, 12:58
He Is Losing The Plot.............very true..you can see it in his interviews...he talks as he own the world and is king of the aviation world...getting too big for his own shoes....his fall is not far...

MASsenger
9th May 2008, 07:56
TF`s certainly getting to fat for his boots,the runaway success is beginning to get too his head. It`s good finally MH has decided to give AK a run for it`s money. MH decision to play the game with the same rules will at least create some check and balance on AK. Nothing like healthy competition, good for the public. As for TF`s remarks, just take it with a pinch of salt. I`d say, it`s bloody good, his feathers are ruffled!!!

PK-KAR
9th May 2008, 12:23
TF being a sore loser indeed...
Let's see what Air Asia just promoted...
http://www.airasia.com/nl/images/2008/evenlower.gif
AirAsia, the true low fare airline, provides the lowest fares for all flights in our extensive route network, both domestic and international. We boast a spanking new aircraft fleet, great in-flight food and friendly service without compromising on our safety standards. You have to admit, it's a bargain!

Smart consumers know the difference. Get your calculator out and start doing the math. Calculators don't lie.

AirAsia (RM) 0-Fare Carrier (RM)
44.50 76.00 Airport Tax + Fuel Surcharge + Insurance + Admin Fee
15 0 Promo Fare*
3 0 Baggage Fee**
RM 62.50 RM 76.00 You Pay
*Applicable for domestic flights only
** For pre-booked check baggage online

He's still playing the game.
OK, if MH converts the fare to 44.50 fuel surcharge plus 18RM promo fare, would TF still complain or would he eat his words?

*laughing my head off*

So, we now have lower than Zero fare on AK, without compromising their safety standards... 3.8G landings anyone?

QAR
9th May 2008, 13:40
Pk-kar Mate U Nailed It..

Tf And His Red Bus Company Is A Joke...cant Believe It They Can Come Up With Utter Stupid Statements Like He Has Been Doing..

When I Talked To People Around Who Travel Airasia The Only Thing You Can See When Airasia Start Boarding Is 180 Odd Pax Running Into This Red Bus For A Seat..

I Dont Know What Service He Is Talking About...

To Me What Mas Did With This Promo Fare Is Spot On...

It Just Got Tf Feathers Up...

I Dont Know Why Tf Is Comparing Ak To Mas...

Come On Mate Your Not In The Same League...move On!!!!!

NZLeardriver
9th May 2008, 14:13
Why do you type the first letter of each word in capitals? Isn't is time consuming? It sure is difficult to read.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
10th May 2008, 02:41
Dear NZLeardriver,

Probably best if you stick with the sheep. ;)

PK-KAR
10th May 2008, 03:26
WOOBLAH...
I knew it was just a matter of time until we see you posting on an AK topic :p

Sheep? Hang on, isn't that what TF is looking for? So he can flog them to fly all day, no need for showers, just the occasional disinfectant bath (can be done to coincide with the B or C Checks), and feed them fodder... and no matter what you throw at them they'll obey the sheep dog or go "Baaa'aa'a'aa'aaa."

At least the guys there are still... humans... imagine if TF got sheep in the cockpit... :8

QAR,
seriously, the guys at QZ are shaking their heads whenever TF makes a statement like this in Mly... they're VERY happy TF hasn't made any crazy comments here in Indoland.

Time for TF to let someone else run the AK PR stunts and let him focus on Looney Tunes Hotels :E

CAT IIIB
11th May 2008, 14:57
I always hear people outside AirAsia especially MAS people taunting Air Asia.

Funny thing is I never heard any complains,grudges,critics from Air Asia's own pilots and staffs.All of them are for TF and all are highly motivated.

Funny isn't it?:*

Fair.Pilot
11th May 2008, 15:17
CAT IIIB,

how you expect AAsia's driver to complain when they're flying their ass off 100 hr/ month?

Doubt they even have time to read PPRUNE...

flightleader
12th May 2008, 00:06
Noone from AK complained because NONE have the sense of belonging at AK.Why make noise while you're just using it as a stepping stone in your career?Furthermore,it would be better to catch up some rest after those hectic roster.

AK fuel hedging is considered too risky by most financial people.Hence share price dropped.TF is jumpy over the competition as this would hurt it at its down
time like rubbing salt into the wound.Just wait for next year financial result.

Cheap fares are for those who have no choices,those who can effort,would gladly pay a little more for better value.KLIA LCCT congestion is worse than city bus terminal,people sitting on all over the floor.At peak hours,it is similar to
some train stations in India,especially the smell.

angelgabriel
12th May 2008, 15:24
hey guys,was in kul 2day and got a chance to read the star paper...tf is a sore loser in a big way.its ok for that fat ass to steal pilots from other airlines,he does not care what or who he steps on....but when a pilot from aa wants to leave the fat bangla will call the other airline and complain.
why are the pilots and crew in aa letting tf screw them...its very good that MAS and FIREFLY are giving the fatty a run .when are people going to realize that tf is a big conman..:eek:...open your eyes la.

the mgt at aa are just puppets who get a fat paycheck for being yes man....good for them..:D. i hear that the asst to the great char koay has step down ?

anyway,guess that the fatty will get his way and the world will still be conned by the BANGLA and his merry men.:*

KITEFLY76
12th May 2008, 15:24
My first posting in this forum and I would like to ask all of you if either TF has ever paid the landing and parking charges in KLIA since he had been given the waiver for 5years???I would say and bet when Air Asia X flies to London,will he get the waiver of overflight charges flying over few countries or ask the Malaysian government to talk to most authorities of FOC,cheap skate?

Podunk
15th May 2008, 04:07
Still can't understand how Doc M could send Anwar to jail, while he had TF as his own personal butt-boy. How far does one have to bend over for a Datuk-ship? Ask TF..... but don't expect a "straight" answer.

essentialbus
15th May 2008, 16:41
Well, the price war at least shows some true colours.
The today local malaysian newspaper I saw there was a Mr. Tony F. saying that the recent MAS initiative was threatining his airline with demise.
There was no level playing field and MAS was now competing with him.
I had to read it two times but it was there, his airline could be in demise.
And we all thought they were invincible.
Here is the stock price of today. Have a look and you may conclude that investors are leaving the ship. RM. 1.16 is USD. 0.36? It is called penny stock I believe.
Disclaimer, i dont want any airline to go under, and AK has given a lot of pilots a job. That you have to give the man, but when things going south, one should not blame the competition cause you started it.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9266/5099pi5.png

regards
E.B.

navigator2039
16th May 2008, 05:18
I was also surprised to hear TF suggest that the unfair playing field might cause the demise of Air Asia. My thoughts are that Air Asia has done wonders for the Malaysian aviation scene. His high profile complaining about unfair competition has more to do with getting the Malaysian consumer behind his cause and I think they will because they have really benefited from the low fares that have resulted. The low share price has more to do with the fuel hedging policy, or lack of one and the current high oil price and expectation that it may further increase and the impact this will have on profits rather than fundamental flaws in their policy.

jetjockey696
16th May 2008, 08:24
For you guys who like to see TF run for his money...PROOF:ok:

\
http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/4/22/sports/21024518&sec=sports

go to the bottom of the page his name is number 5:ok:

thanks

QAR
16th May 2008, 14:26
This is my view on why AK is on the slide with its share hitting rock bottom.

This is the lowest it has been since the IPO.

Its not just the fuel price

Its how our "malaysian blue eyed boy" MR TF got it badly wrong in his fuel hedging policy

To me firstly AirAsia foundation is not strong.

This is why...
Airasia doesnt have any assets.Both their terminals and training center or academy whatever you call it...its on a piece of land which is leaseD by Malaysia Airport Bhd.

Their A320 doesnt belong to them,they borrowed the money from credit companies around the world by selling their shares to finance the purchase the planes.

and to make things worst the Airasia base value of the share is not RM$1 and its base value is $0.10 so thats why their doesnt have the strength to weather this storm.

And the latest news today was AirAsia owes over RM$5mil to MAB in landing fees and handling charges and this was brought up in the parliment sitting yesterday.

of course i hate to see airasia go down for the sake of their pilots and their staff

But for all his arrogance and the way he treated his staff and pilots I really hope THE **** HITS THE FENCE FOR MR TF..

flightleader
17th May 2008, 00:31
Yup! For RM0.10 worth of value at RM1.20,it would be better for an investor to park his money with TNB,TELEKOM or MISC.

It has rose to what it is today largely due to political backing,with the current political scenario,it is not all that rossy red for AA except the crew uniform.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
18th May 2008, 04:47
Well you guys have summed it up perfectly.

The fat one owes MAB millions for landing, parking, aerobridge, Passenger service charges, baggage handling charges etc.

He owes the states of Sarawak and Sabah countless millions in lost tourist revenue regarding the total screw up of FAX. He also owes the people of the abovementioned states an apology and compensation for destroying their rural economy and social transportation services as enshrined in the Borneo Treaty.

He owes the Government and MAS countless millions for the destruction of the DHC-6 and F-50 fleets, cannibalising them and leaving the repair bill to MAS.

He should resign as CEO for loosing 300 million plus in his gambling exercise where he used share holders money to gamble that the price of fuel would fall. A debt that he is still paying for and is the reason that AK is not presently hedged.

He owes full disclosure into the A320 deal to the shareholders. And how much money was paid to the board in so closing the deal. The company accounts and accounts of the board inclusive of the fat one should be open to independent scrutiny.

In short the so called great one has been and is continuing to waste taxpayers money. It would be an interesting exercise to total the complete monetary cost to taxpayers the fat one has caused. It may just be more than the so called benefit he is perceived to have created.

So now he is back to the same old LEVEL PLAYING FIELD crap. His idea of a level playing field is one that is 90 degrees stacked in his favour. He is so devoid of new ideas he keeps harping on the same old line like a broken record.

Sorry fatty, Idris negotiated and got the 737ng so you are screwed. You can't hand unwanted 320's to MAS. Guess one of your exit strategies is screwed. Ouch.

Now MAS is rebranding its product. What a brilliant strategy. And I guess it was invented by a certain revenue manager who was a founder of airasia that you screwed. You really should have paid what you promised to. HL, PT, BF and JS. If they were a team perhaps your bus service would be running smoothly. These guys were the real brains to airasia, they were the true founders and visionaries. They also put in all the work. The fat one had the idea but really was not the brains of the operation those guys were.

So now you are crying like a little girl to the Government to protect your business. Well listen and listen good my little sister. Firstly it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. This is a free market economy and it IS YOU THAT WANTED DEREGULATION. And now that it is here you are crying like the little girl that you are. What you gona do cry to the Singapore, Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Chinese governments to regulate their carriers to protect YOUR BUSINESS. Ha ha ha ha they will tell you to stick it in a dark smelly place as should the Malaysian Government.

This is just the beginning my little girl. MAS has opened up the eyes of the other carriers, MAS is the pioneer and believe me the others will follow suit so you should grow some balls and become a man rather than whining like a little girl. Oops did I say grow up and grow balls. Damn I guess all is lost.

Kudos MAS and well done. Kudos for deregulation of low fares as it is the customer that will win. Fatty said that he was growing the market and that MAS could never match his product well boo hoo, they have done just that and the fat one cannot complain because MAS is in the black and making money. So go on fatty, cry like a girl because the party is over for you and your cohorts. And guess what, Wooblah makes another prediction. When you fail, they will go after your personal wealth and it will be a ground breaking landmark civil suit in Asia. You and your cohorts will all go down with the ship.

Geragau
18th May 2008, 06:50
After the Sharizat fiasco in Lembah Pantai, I guess TF reckon his time is up. So whining, crying and arse licking to come! Just a matter of time as to how far down the brown tube he would go.

PK-KAR
18th May 2008, 12:53
Air Asia and Air Asia X... 2 separate companies with unclear cooperation...
So, if Air Asia X goes bust, creditors can't go after Air Asia...

But...
If Air Asia goes bust... I think Air Asia X would be sought after by the creditors...

Sorry fatty, Idris negotiated and got the 737ng so you are screwed. You can't hand unwanted 320's to MAS. Guess one of your exit strategies is screwed. Ouch.
I guess WOOBLAH heard the same story from different people than me then... Back then We knew something wrong was happening when Airbus decided to dump ATR in the bid and offer A318s instead... the answer... FAX... this was years back...

In the words of my colleagues at QZ/IndoAirAsia...
"We love the brand, we hate the boss... we smile so he pays for our parties, make our customers love us, but if he wants to fleece us, we'll just go to the government."

Bwahahaahahahaha

PK-KAR

wakala
18th May 2008, 13:23
tf wants a debate with mr jala... probabbly should have debate session with his staffs n down liners:ugh: first instead of all the high $ spree with man u and the formula one...

wakala
18th May 2008, 15:33
stil owes money to landing charges overseas... and Mas for the damaged caused on the F50 N THE OTTERS.. but to take go into sabah sarawak and take their AOC for the air asia x is a cunning masterplan..well done:D

essentialbus
18th May 2008, 16:15
Saturday May 17, 2008
No subsidy in MAS fares

PUTRAJAYA: No form of subsidy was involved in Malaysia Airlines' Everyday Low Fare promotion, said Transport Minister Datuk Ong Tee Keat.

He said claims by AirAsia group chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes that MAS was using subsidies for international flights for its domestic low-fare promotion were not true.

“Any effort to lower fares or have low-fare promotions are commercial decisions by the two airlines. It has nothing to do with the Federal Government,” he told reporters after witnessing the signing of the contract between the Government and Ircon International Ltd for the construction of the Seremban-Gemas electrified double-tracking project yesterday.

“Allegations that there were RM400mil in subsidies involved (in MAS’ low-fare promotions) do not arise.”

Ong said the Government would not intervene in the price war.

“We do not want to intervene in healthy competition which benefits the people,” he said.

In Kuala Lumpur, AirAsia deputy group chief executive officer Datuk Kamarudin Meranun said a level playing field was needed to ensure fair competition.

He also said AirAsia’s branding in the English Premier League was jointly sponsored by the airline and Tourism Malaysia, and was not subsidised as claimed by MAS managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Seri Idris Jala.

“We have many restraints ... Why is MAS focusing on AirAsia routes? Why are they targeting our model?” he asked.

As Wooblah said, AK is crying. Why? Cause Idris and his team are implying sound business practicis? That would be silly, its like confirming you got it wrong all along. Level playing field ? You just got it Tony. Live with it.

I must admit that when I.J got the job at MAS, I, and a lot of other people, where sceptical, but, he pulled it off. They are not there yet but they going in the right direction.
Going for ATR's amd 738 is strategically sound and will keep AK's board room a little bit nervous for the time being, especially now the political tide could be a tsunami the wrong way.

It would be a pity that AK, such a fantastic product, world brand as it is, is gambled away.

Regards
E.B.

PK-KAR
20th May 2008, 13:17
Is it just me or is AK now stepping it's promotion up a gear?
I'm getting more promo emails from them, and each are more bombastic than before MH's zero fares...

Fair.Pilot
22nd May 2008, 03:03
Well said WOOBLAH!

Your comment is a thesis fit for 1st Class Honours and research good for PHD!

It's time to dig out all the rotten secrets! Either bring this to Parliament or join PKR!:ok: (Bolehkah? Ada borang nanti saya hantar)

22nd May 2008, 03:21
I would say he got keypad problem...:D

N118KA
22nd May 2008, 20:02
Since when has AK had better equipment than MH?
A320 vs 737NG
A330 vs 777ER

Since when has AK "roti canai" been better than the satay on MH?

AK has become a farce and a big sham,

TF's big sweeping statements are akin to John Leahy's ~ utter and complete crap!

ycp81
23rd May 2008, 10:59
And now MH is also giving SQ/MI a run of its $$ by offering $0 fares out of SIN to KUL, PEN, KCH, Langkawi and Kota Kinabalu! And better service too (think meal on MH on SIN-PEN vs hot snack on SQ)

KITEFLY76
23rd May 2008, 12:38
Big slapped on TF as they have to operate from main terminal building in Kota Kinabalu.

essentialbus
28th May 2008, 07:30
Well, it finally happened. Who would have thought so a year ago.
AK's stock price came to RM.1 today. What next?

Trading Hours: 1st Session: 0900 - 1230, 2nd Session: 1430 - 1700
Last Updated: May 28 2008 2:56:06 PM
Prices are delayed by 15 mins
(For realtime information, please refer to your stockbroker, our Information Services Vendors or subscribe for Bursa Station.)
Back to Market Summary

SEARCH BY:
Stock Short Name /Code:
\
STOCK CODE REF HIGH LOW LAST CHANGE VOLUME ('00)
5099 AIRASIA 1.010 1.020 1.000 1.000 -0.010 28,407

Regards
E.B.

N118KA
28th May 2008, 19:14
What you going to blame now FT? Time to curb that gambling habit and pay your dues, instead of asking us to suggest how we can save you 20kgs?

How about we start with trimming the "fat" eh FT?

Pretty appalling performance, all bark and no bite...

3786 3.500 3.540 3.460 3.520 +0.020 3,559

5099 1.010 1.020 0.985 0.990 -0.020 75,083
www.klse.com.my recommendation : ARE YOU NUTS?!

SIA S$15.900 +0.300 +1.9% 3,777 21 15.860 15.900 87 15.940 15.520
www.sgx.com recommendation : HOLD -> BUY

LUV $12.62 +0.36 +2.94% 7,104,458 12.79 12.37 12.26
www.nyse.com recommendation : HOLD -> BUY

THAI B24.80 -0.10 -0.40% 4,546,800 24.90 25.25 25.25 24.20
www.set.or.th

botaxgendeng
30th May 2008, 06:29
any body knows how to apply DEC in air asia on line.
I have tried but stuck when I inputed ID.
I put my pasport but rejected or now only malaysian can apply.
many thnx
:ok:

supercooltemperature
31st May 2008, 02:28
Two days ago AA announced that they posted a net profit of RM 161.27 mil for the first quater ended March 31, up 85.6% from RM 86.87 mil last year (according to the Star)! With the soaring fuel price, high competitive market and unhedged fuel, they not only posted a profit but getting stronger. Before this, I tend to agree with the postings in this thread, but now... Maybe I should remind myself that this is PPRrune - a pilot rumuors network.:ugh:

casio man
31st May 2008, 04:15
According to Malaysiakini :

A recent special audit carried out by Moores Rowland Risk Management Sdn. Bhd, showed that Transmile made pre-tax losses of RM126 million and RM77 million for 2006 and 2005, respectively, instead of pre-tax profits of RM207 million and RM120 million as originally reported – a total of RM530 million in overstatement.

Opps...sorry,wrong thread:E

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
31st May 2008, 05:51
Well said Casio Man.

supercooltemperature, unfortunately this is how it's going to feel in the cooler.

Wooblah.

KaptenLanun
9th Jun 2008, 04:13
Dengar cakap kebelakangan ini Capt. RJ/RS(ex MAS & AirAsia) kat HKA tarik reversers 50kaki sebelum landing........betul ke?? Masa kat MAS/AirAsia pun macam tu?????:=

Bekas geng-geng sekalian, jangan nak tunjuk pandai dan rosakkan nama baik kita orang yang masih cari makan kat MAS/Air Asia......ini kapal terbang bukan bas-bas kat pudu!!!:{

Ahamdulilah syukur nikmat.....:cool:

Laker
9th Jun 2008, 19:09
Does anybody have a copy of the Terms and Conditions for an A320 CA position with Air Asia? Or if not does anybody have a reasonable ball park figure as to the monthly pay/time off? Thanks for any info....