PDA

View Full Version : Log In Woes...

Weekend Flyer
21st Apr 2008, 07:23
I have recently had to change my laptop as the old steam one finally gave up the ghost. Since the change, I have not been able to get the Log In process to remember my Password. (Yes, I am ticking the box...).

I am sure that this will be the result of some unfamiliar setting lurking in my operating system but am at a loss to know what to try to overcome it. Most of the sites that I regularly visit remember my password once I have initially logged in but pprune never does - any suggestions?

PPRuNe Towers
21st Apr 2008, 08:18
Well I can only offer generic guidance as I've no details of your system.

It sounds like you are using IE7. You could try and make sure that the security level on your browser isn't set too high. Medium should be enough. If you have tweaked it, you will need to tweak it some more. Sometimes, deleting all cookies from 'pprune.org', quitting your browser and then restarting your browser can help.

Also, have you tried logging on using a different browser? FireFox is one of many good alternatives and they are all free. We firmly believe you should always have a back-up browser because of the problems that IE7 can cause.We also know that some people have reverted back to IE6 but sometimes that isn't as simple as it seems.

Don't forget there's a specific computer and internet forum here for advice.

Rob

Weekend Flyer
21st Apr 2008, 12:05
Rob,

Thanks for the suggestions. I am using IE6 (I was warned about IE7...) and have tried tweaking security settings without success. I think that Firefox may be my next move.

BRL
21st Apr 2008, 12:24
Use www.Opera.com You can't go wrong. It has a wand that when you enter a password it will save it so next time to that site you simply hit the wand button and your' in.