PDA

View Full Version : Just passed Air Law...

Dr.Biggles
10th Apr 2008, 15:25
WOO HOO!

I know many of you probably couldn't give a monkeys - but im SOOOO glad ive got that out the way!

I got 82% on my first attempt - which is good enough for me!

Needed to get that out the way because my instructor wants to send me up solo, and he's been nagging me for weeks.

Any advice on the next course of action? What exam to sit next etc, do most people sit Meteorology after Air Law?

Alvision
10th Apr 2008, 15:31
I passed air law couple of weeks ago. Well done
I'm currently doing Principles of flight\Aircraft general knowledge.

poss
10th Apr 2008, 15:38
I did met as it is the next pain in the kiester one on the list :p.

Put1992
10th Apr 2008, 16:00
Well, that's one of the bad ones out of the way :}

Well done

Information Delta
10th Apr 2008, 18:05
After I completed my Air Law, I did the rest of the exams in the following order:
Radio Telephony (theory and practical)
Navigation
Meteorology
Aircraft Technical
Flight Performance & Planning
Human Factors & Limitations

Theres no set order in which to take the exams, I guess it all boils down to instructor preference etc.

Congratulations on passing anyway!:ok: It's a great feeling walking out of the exam room knowing that you've now got one less exam to do!

Well done,

Information Delta

aviatordom
10th Apr 2008, 20:07
Congratulations!

I've been told that Air Law is an absolute (i won't go into words) :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: to learn!

Aspects
10th Apr 2008, 22:03
Congrats

I took my exams in the following order over the last 6 months -

Air Law
RT
Human Performance & Limitations
Meteorology
Navigation
Flight Performance & Planning
Aircraft Technical

I found that it all flowed perfectly well and passed each one first time averaging 92%. I found that the 3 exam secrets guides from pilot warehouse.com were fantastic for doing mock exam prep.

Good luck with the rest :ok:

Supersport
10th Apr 2008, 22:24
Congratulations, Air Law is one of the tricky ones for sure! :)

I did mine in the following order, I tried to break it up a bit, so all the hard(er) exam weren't taken at once, it all flowed very nicely (in bracket is my opinion! :) )...

>Air Law (Hard - a lot to remember)
>Meteorology (Hard-ish also a lot to remember)
>Human Performance (Easy-ish but very important, a lot of common sense)
>Aircraft Technical (Medium - a lot to remember)
>Navigation (Hard-ish... especially if you take too much time planning the route)
>Flight Performance & Planning (Easy-ish if you're good with numbers)
>Radio Telephony (Made easy as I'd been using it for a long(ish) time before taking the exam)

Worked well for me anyway, sometime ago now though. Good luck with the rest of them! :)

Redbird72
11th Apr 2008, 13:05
Congrats on passing Air Law!

I did Human Performance next, to give myself a break. I'd previously studied a lot of the content for different exams, so it was familiar ground.

Met was next, and was not fun! Now, I am studying for Navigation. Will probably leave RT until last, as it's my weakest area.

c-mack
11th Apr 2008, 20:55
Have my Air Law in under 2 weeks. I'm trying to balance the ground exams and A-levels - wonderful! Mind you i keep telling myself itl be worth it when the 1st solo comes.

maxdrypower
12th Apr 2008, 11:30
There is no real set way to take the exams , however as you know you cant go solo until you've passed air law . The only other aspect that has an exam consideration is Nav as you cant fo your Qual X Country without the Nav exam . So Nav would be the better choice , this is also as now you have been solo you will starting that phase. All the other exams must be taken before your skills test so you can do those anytime . I would get Air Law and Nav out of the way first