PDA

View Full Version : 777 in the muck - oops!

kitekid
31st Mar 2008, 00:03
From the Vancouver Sun,

VANCOUVER -- Passengers on board an Air Canada flight from Sydney, Australia to Vancouver had to disembark the old-fashioned way yesterday morning when the nose gear of their jet accidentally went into the grass.
Flight 34 made a safe and normal landing, but when the Boeing 777 turned off the runway to the taxiway it went into the rough instead.
The 276 passengers were taken off using the mobile stairs, and then they were bused to the international terminal.
An Air Canada official says there were no injuries or flight delays. The airline will investigate how the jet made the wonky turn.

777AV8R
31st Mar 2008, 03:18
I guess there are some who just can't be taught or can't teach. With 7200 hrs on the airplane, and operating in and out of some very interesting airports, Vancouver is not an excuse. Someone mishandled it.

six7driver
31st Mar 2008, 06:18
777AV8R, your post is unprofessional don't you think?, to judge when you know nothing of the circumstances. With 7200 on type you should know better. It's obvious somebody got it wrong. The infinitely more important question is why. To so readily judge your colleagues, shame:=. Change your dangerous attitude, from "it would never happen to me!" to "there but for the grace of god go I."

fly safe
six.

+TSRA
31st Mar 2008, 16:59
come on guys, 777AV8TR must be right...7200 hrs on an airplane makes you an expert. I mean no one should make mistakes in this business...:}

kitekid
3rd Apr 2008, 13:54
What got my attention the most was the fact that the flight had departed from Australia, and what must be about 15 hours later, the aircraft lands without incident...

I'm sure they have relief crew but they still had a long duty day. Too bad about the aircraft taxiing mishap at the end!