PDA

View Full Version : VLM

egnxema
25th Mar 2008, 16:24
Looking for views on VLM. They have grown steadily from 1993 tp today and have had 10 years of profitability.

Just recently been purchased by CityJet/Air France-KLM.

Anyone got any strongly positive or negative remarks about them?

Shyted
26th Mar 2008, 10:58
I flew with them many times between MAN and LUX via LCY and vice versa. They are a cracking little outfit. Great crews and service and the F50 is surprisingly comfortable, also connecting through LCY is a absolute pleasure compared to LHR and LGW.

Tonyq
26th Mar 2008, 14:06
I've flown with them numerous times between IOM and LCY and JER and LCY.

Service, crews and punctuality are excellent and the F50's which have been refurbished are comfortable and stylish.

I hope the AF/KLM takeover does not dilute the quality of their offering.

lhuingysaer
27th Mar 2008, 13:15
I too have flown them many times from LCY to Ronaldsway in the Isle of Man and must say they are fabulous. Often remarkably cheap, it's a very professional, efficient full service operation the only criticism would be they do not operate enough times a day!

From reading these forums I have noted that this specific route is referred to as a positioning flight as it is only operated once a day which can not make a huge profit but thank goodness because I have a serious aversion to flying Euromanx and would rather poke my eyes out than use Gatwick South Terminal (flybe).

Bring back regional flights to Heathrow, build a third runway and a sixth terminal just get on with it...

Richard

IOMspotter
1st Apr 2008, 10:26
Great professional airline. easiest to handle of them all at ronaldsway.