PDA

View Full Version : Transatlantic and US Flight Planning

Deeko01
22nd Mar 2008, 13:57
Hi Folks,

My works aircraft are going to start venturing further afield and just wondered if there are any recognized courses you can get for Transatlantic flight planning and planning inside the US.

What is also the best package, ie Jetplan for example, also will they take into consdieration what the NAT tracks are and suitable alternates?

Appreciate any help offered!

Cheers
D

Buzzz
23rd Mar 2008, 13:40
Hello,

I'm not aware of any specific courses for transatlantic & US flight planning, however a good start would be to download and read the MNPSA Operations Manual. A large proportion of it is flight crew specific, however there is a chapter for guidance to flight dispatchers (Ch.15).

http://www.nat-pco.org/mnpsa.htm

In terms of flight planning systems they should all take into consideration of the current tracks (I know Jetplan certainly does). Suitable alternates will have to be chosen by yourselves based on your company SOP's. It's a good idea to read the MNPS guide to make yourself aware of what you can and cannot do, e.g. climbing/descending on tracks, when you can join and leave tracks etc etc... There are many Jetplan route inputs for track flying, they are all listed in the user manual (accessible on Jetplan.com).

Flying in the US is pretty straight forward (just make sure Customs & Immigration know you are coming in the first place with the correct paperwork). This thread has some more information on US ATC procedures:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=308870

Oh and don't forget to arrange your TSA Waiver in good time should your operation require one. NOTAM FDC 6/7435 contains the latest version of the requirements I beleive.

Hope this helps

Buzzz

merlinxx
23rd Mar 2008, 17:29
Whoever is your CFPL provider will deliver a basic MNPS/ETOPs indoc. If it's Jepp/UV etc they'll give you an into to US procs etc. Ask the question of your provider, they'll answer gladly.

bxkflier
26th Mar 2008, 22:26
Deek,
It's cheaper to outsource the flight plan and tracking rather than deal with everything in house.

Inbound to US - OVerflight permit? Customs / Immigration ? General Declarations? APIS transmissions?

As an american based company, we do all domestic flight plans, but Hawaii and Europe are outsourced. Much cheaper!!

cessna172r MSN
27th Mar 2008, 10:24
just wonder is there any similar documents like the NAT MNPSA OPS Manual for PACOTS, AORRA, etc. Also, is there any detailed informations about the Polar route? I know there should be 4 polar routes used to fly between North America and Asia. Can anyone kindly tell me where can I find such information? thanks a lot.