PDA

View Full Version : Voyageur Airways????

Frozen Ronin
19th Mar 2008, 02:33
I read a little about Voyageur here, but it was all old stuff. Any recent experience for guys hired with a -8 type rating? I understand the gig is Africa, but the only information offered from them was interview dates. Wondering about that training bond mentioned on other threads (if it applies, I'm not interested), type of living conditions, pay, type of flying, left seat/right seat etc, etc.... if anyone has any recent information to offer, it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronin

Mr Lover
19th Mar 2008, 08:12
What exactly does it means and how can we get it...

Tax Credit: Eligible candidates may also qualify for the Canadian Overseas Tax Exemption Credit through Revenue Canada

Anyone flying the CRJ in DRC for them... I am curious to know where the crews are based...

thanks.

himalaya
19th Mar 2008, 08:58
Voyaguer is operating DHC-8 and CRJ in Congo and Sudan. The bases are Entebbe, Khartoum,Bukavu, Kinshasa, Kisangani.

The company takes care of the accomodation however, the environment is difficult living conditions, far from comfortable, except for Entebbe.

Mr Lover
19th Mar 2008, 09:26
Thanks for the info... is the CRJ base in all those location or only Entebbe..

Tim Horton
19th Mar 2008, 14:56
Lots of info on this company on avcanada.ca.

er340790
20th Mar 2008, 21:41
Sorry, read that as 'Voyeur Airways'.........

Basis for an entire thread there!

Carrier
21st Mar 2008, 00:41
I had a similar misunderstanding when I first heard of another operator in the same area that a rather attractive female instructor had gone to join. I took it to be Bareskin Airlines - as in the flying nudists!

rigpiggy
21st Mar 2008, 18:17
Don't you mean, Low Wager airlines

Frozen Ronin
22nd Mar 2008, 05:31
Wow, flame after flame in threads on avcanada concerning Voyageur. Sounds like the Canadian version of Mesa Airlines in the U.S. Thanks for the hook up on avcanada.

Guess I'll keep on looking..... I've already been through the Mesa Meatgrinder, not at all looking to do that again.

Ronin

Willie Everlearn
22nd Mar 2008, 16:10
Sudan? Entebbe?
You`ve got to be kidding. How hard up for work do you have to be to want to fly an RJ (or anything for that matter) in places like that??? With a training bond on top of it. Obviously, you`ve never been in that part of the world. :ugh:

I thought things were getting better for qualified and experienced pilots, not worse? :=

Voyageur`s CRJ op is professional and the guys and gals providing the crewing have the experience required for the type.
The folks in charge of their RJ op are second to none.

:ok:

mpoppleton
22nd May 2012, 15:35
HAs anyone been through an Interview with Voyageur recently? Can you enlighten me as per the format, type of questions etc

Thank you.

arvida
22nd May 2012, 23:41
Any chances to be hired for a guy with few hours ready to move in Africa?

Is the type rating mandatory?

mATT84DC
3rd Nov 2012, 13:00
hello, anybody know if Voyageur hires foreign pilots with Canadian license?

surveytheworld
4th Nov 2012, 00:32
You must have the right to work in Canada to fly for Voyageur.