PDA

View Full Version : New CPL jobs??

fixa24
5th Mar 2008, 09:50
Howdy all.

Looking at possibly immigrating to your country. I'm an ATC here, but don't like my chances of getting a job over there, but i'm also not far off my CPL.

What sort of companys there hire fresh CPL's???

Where abouts would the best place to get a flying gig be? I'm fortunate in that my wife is a nurse, so she should be able to find work anywhere, so anywhere would be fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Cheers

Canadapilot
5th Mar 2008, 14:31
not much chance of anything without an instrument rating, unless you want to train as an instructor.

MidgetBoy
5th Mar 2008, 17:37
I also just got my CPL and been job searching because an instructor is just way too boring for me and I don't need anymore C172 hours anymore. Of all the jobs I've found, they either give you very little hours and low pay (C182 dropping off skydivers for $1.25 per skydiver) or, you need ME-IR and 500-1000+ hours and maybe floats. I found one company which hired on 250 hours with ME-IR (but you have to work as a courier on the ground for some time, not sure how long) and I was asked them if there was a flight school around that did ME-IR so I could be doing couriers while working on my ME-IR but I haven't gotten a reply yet

ODGUY
6th Mar 2008, 20:14
so you don't want to do the instructor thing, because you find it boring, and you don't have you multi-IFR, yet you want a flying job in Canada?

With those credentials (CPL) and that attitude, Microsoft Flight Sim is your best bet.

MidgetBoy
7th Mar 2008, 06:14
I don't want to be an instructor because I don't want to work for my dad. That's why it's boring.

Glorified Donkey
7th Mar 2008, 12:30
There are 3 ways to start flying down here.

1. Instruct

2. Start as a dispatcher or ramp agent loading bags, work your way into a plane. Could take 6-12 months, maybe more or maybe less. Took me 4 months to get from the ground into a turbine.

3. Be an idiot, buy a navajo ppc and fly a clapped out junker for free. (dont expect to get any respect from other pilots... hell you probably wont even respect yourself after that)