PDA

View Full Version : CVR airbus

SoundLesS
12th Feb 2008, 22:12
Hello

Just reviewed the communications chapter today, and found out that the CVR is not powered by any means in an emer elec conf. Okey I can see that it is better to save power for engine restarts, but if the airplane crashes, the investigators have no recordings....shouldnt it have a seperate rechargeable battery?

Maybe I am totally wrong, so please help me ;)

Bruce Waddington
13th Feb 2008, 04:36
Hello,

My Aircraft Operating Manual says the A320 'CVR' is powered by the AC ESS Shed Bus and the 'CVR Control' is powered by the DC ESS Shed Bus.

In the Emergency Electrical Configuration early model A320s have these two busses powered until the landing gear is down. Then the 'CVR' and 'CVR Control' would lose electrical power. Later model A320s, as well as the A319 and A321, do not lose power to these busses when the landing gear is down and therefore the 'CVR' and 'CVR Control' would remain powered.

best regards,

Bruce Waddington

SoundLesS
13th Feb 2008, 07:55
Yes, I can see. I think I ment flying with batteries only yesterday. At least then the shed busses are shed, and the CVR + CTRL would not be powered. But I can see that you might have an updated FCOM, as I have nothing with gear down when it comes to this.

thank you for the answer.

Ipaq
13th Feb 2008, 09:08
I would have thought that not having the CVR powered when in E/Elec config is the least of your problems!