PDA

View Full Version : JAA in Ontario

e30m3
3rd Feb 2008, 20:52
Anyone know of any JAA FTO in Ontario?

cplpilot
4th Feb 2008, 11:22
I think the only one in CANADA is Moncton, i am using NAC in florida...

JoeCo
8th Feb 2008, 12:30
Can you provide some specifics regarding the NAC program? Anythign would be helpful.

cplpilot
19th Feb 2008, 12:52
I don't know what exactly you are looking for... if you (like me) have a canadian CPL with ME-IFR rating, you have to go to:
- Get the medical in europe
- Do the long distance program
- Write 14 exams in England
- Do the practical exams in Moncton (this is the only thing you'll be doing there)
- Look for a country and a school to convert the IFR (can only be done in Europe)

for other infos: http://www.mfc.nb.ca/

ng78
20th Feb 2008, 16:09
cplpilot, have you started that process yet? I'm especially interested in feedback on the distance courses, such as Bristol GS. I'm hoping that a year of my life while working will suffice to get the 14 exams out of the way. That seems to be by far the most gruelling aspect of it all.

cplpilot
21st Feb 2008, 12:38
i am leaving tomorrow for Europe and get the medical first!!! i will start the long distance course next week with NAC. I will keep you posted if you want....
My friend gave me a CD with all Jeppsen books so i could start ahead, if you can i suggest you to start as soon as possible.
Ciao

ng78
22nd Feb 2008, 03:43
Very nice, good luck! If you remember in 6 months or so, give us an update in this thread - or you can PM as well! I'm working on finishing my Canadian stuff now (CPL, MIFR) and then will focus on the European exams after I get my first flying job here. Once again, good luck!