PDA

View Full Version : EROPS: Glf5

Silverspoonaviator
23rd Dec 2007, 09:35
I am trying to plan a trip from Mauritius FIMP to Hong Kong VHHH, and the package I use is suggesting a direct route, with Garcia (spl) as an EROPS alternate.
G5 has 120 mins only.

Must we obtain permission from the USN to file as an enroute alternate, or can we just drop in (expecting to stay for several weeks......). In fact is it an approved EROPS for Pt 135 type operations.

If not then we must route the long way round, and might require a tech stop en route.

Trip is in 5 days time: 28th December..................

help, please.

Spooky 2
23rd Dec 2007, 13:33
Are you not using a flight planning service for ths trip such as Jeppesen, Universal or Air Routing? They should have the information your seeking....I would think?

Shiny side down
23rd Dec 2007, 23:10
As I understand it, if you plan for it (any ERA) to be available within the planning phase, then it really must. Which would mean some communication to confirm that you would be allowed in should be obtained.

You might well find that it is already accepted as an ERA, if it is geographically positioned to be convenient.

Would it cost though? $$$

1xxxxx1
24th Dec 2007, 09:51
Did you check out Gan Island Maldives VRMG
It might have all you need as an alternate
1500NM from Mauritius / 400NM north of Diego
Only if you route further north closer to this airport it will bring you into much more headwind at this time.

Looks like as there is always an hour fuel missing in any aircraft! even in a G5

And regarding Diego, last time on the way to Mauritius I called up the tower and ask if there is somebody around in the middle of the Indian Ocean. We had a small talk and it did not sound as they will shoot one down in case you go in Mayday.
But again this is not a legal answer.

If you find out let us know.
Latest you can call the tower and ask when flying by.
;)

Silverspoonaviator
24th Dec 2007, 10:28
If you read about my perfectly conducted dead stick landing, remember I told you all about it here....