PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Flight Bag - Anyone have any experience?

high-flyer
30th Nov 2007, 08:17
Morning Guys and Gals

I'm currently working for an Airbus operator who is looking to introduce an electronic flight bag system to the fleet. I'm working on the project team and we're getting to the stage of launching the program proper, having a shortlist of suppliers of software and hardware.

I'm aware that some UK airlines are using EFB technology to take care of various aspects of the operation, for example, electronic tech log, performance etc. We are looking at a pretty complete solution, charts, tech log, performance, weather etc.

As the use of these systems on the flight deck in all phases of flight is pretty new to European operators, does anyone have any experience with the authorities, ie. the UK CAA or EASA in terms to getting approval to use it?

Any help would be appreciated, drop me a PM.

Many thanks

high-flyer

menahem
1st Dec 2007, 21:15
High Flyer,

I am currently working on certifying Class 2 EFB with EASA in Europe, and may support you in your process, as well. I work for Astronatics that is manufacturing Class 2 and Class 3 EFBs, and we are assisting any of our customer in the certification process required. You may email me at [email protected] or call me +972 544 967 111 and I will be glad to further discuss this with you.

Menahem Donner

RightwayCorrigan
4th Dec 2007, 09:07
Yes,
I have a number of customers who have installed EFB's and various applications on Airbus Aircraft, including the A320's.Drop me a mail with your contact details and I can put you directly in touch with a customer or two.

John