PDA

View Full Version : Vmbe again

NoJoke
27th Nov 2007, 03:51
As I understand it Vmbe is used as a factor to calculate the RTOM, but is it used as a factor for the Max landing mass? Is there a way of working out what the actual brake temperature would be on lets say an A320 at XX,000 kgs, XX kts GS, XX OAT, W/V XX/XX? If the details are put into the landing module of the FOVE and brake energy IS an issue, would there be a message for such a case? Any ideas?

Pugilistic Animus
27th Nov 2007, 06:47
Except for failure cases--- flapless or emergency landing after a MTOW TO Think not likely, although I accept that it might be the case with certain types, I don't think it ever gets limiting in the LDG cases, RTOW---is for TO---

-- so unless your MRTOW was limited by Vmbe And it's a Mayday situation then it is unlikely that your Vref will ever approach such limits in normal
operation Vref is 1.3 vso [even with gust/wind additives not removed prior to touchdown and even at high DAs]---

Vref is 1.3 vso---Vso at Ldg weights/ configurations, whereas V1 may be a large factor of Vso in TO weights/ configurations---and at only few points on the the TO WAT tables would Vbe be limiting---

at least as far as I know

NoJoke
27th Nov 2007, 11:30
Thanks for that PA