PDA

View Full Version : Application processing time for CPL license

cegeland
26th Nov 2007, 21:14
I'm just wondering if anyone could share their experience on obtaining a license from transport Canada?

I wrote the required written exams to convert my FAA CPL license to a Canadian one almost 3 weeks ago - I've paid all the fees and was told to wait until they call me to pick up my license.

What's the normal wait time for a license issue up here?

Omania335
27th Nov 2007, 02:31
Depends where are you at , normaly its 30 to 70 Days

cegeland
27th Nov 2007, 03:08
Wow! So transport Canada will sit on my logbooks for 30 days - that's outrageous! I was expecting a couple of weeks at the most.

In the States I'm used to receive a temporary license on the spot, and then wait for the permanent one to arrive in the mail.

I'm in Edmonton - hopefully it won't take that long. Thanks for your reply:)

ahramin
27th Nov 2007, 19:52
cegeland, if you had a canadian private licence then it would have been signed off by the AP (authorized person) who you submitted your application to.

If you are in a hurry for a reason call the person who is processing your licence and explain to them why you are in a hurry and they will often process it that day.

When i got my ATPL it was processed the same day it was received, just had to tell them i had a job offer that depended on it.

Having said that, edmonton is currently very backed up and a lot of stuff is going to winnipeg. I would not count on seeing your logbooks back for 60 to 90 days.

isaacs6
27th Nov 2007, 21:21
my PPL a while ago toke about 4 months, fools!

cegeland
28th Nov 2007, 20:24
Thanks for the info guys - I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer - and then call them and explain the situation if I don't hear anything this week.