PDA

View Full Version : mass and balance operational limits determination

nobbyknownowt
2nd Nov 2007, 09:46
Well thats what airbus call it!
I am looking for a secondary reference to calculate the operational margin envelope reduction required for a mass and balance sheet to allow for innacuracies in aircraft weight, load, pax and fluids other than the one in the Airbus "getting to grips with weight and balance" cos I followed that and according to my calculations the aircraft shouldnt be flying :}
I'm sure I done something wrong but I have rechecked everything and still no joy.
Anyone got any good books or websites to peruse????
cheers
Nobby

BIG E
2nd Nov 2007, 12:05
Nobby
Getting to grips is quite difficult to interpret, has the margin been significantly restricted?

nobbyknownowt
2nd Nov 2007, 12:20
youre telling me. if I am to beleive it the restricted fwd limit is now behind the certified aft limit.
I gotta be doing something wrong !!!!!!!

BIG E
2nd Nov 2007, 15:52
Sounds well dodgy, have you got your systematics and non systematics correct as there are different calculations depending on the inaccuracy as airbus call it. If you haven't already done it they run a 5 day course in TLS. Alternatively you could buy LTS (Load trim software) off them which does it all for you and then spits out an AHM560?

nobbyknownowt
2nd Nov 2007, 16:53
Yup I got the systematic and non systematic done fine, must be an error somewhere else.

Just had a shufty at LTS. Unfortunately it wont work for all my types! Its just the theory I'm using.

Ah well. Will have to spend a week in a darkened room recalculating it all airbus style if theres no other resource..

drat drat drat.

Thanks for the help anyhow

cheers
nobby

744rules
4th Nov 2007, 09:30
If your fwd limit is now behind the certified aft limit, could it be you missed the + and the -