PDA

View Full Version : 10 Seconds to Entertain

muppetofthenorth
10th Oct 2007, 10:37
Somewhat short notice, but I have a mess function this weekend and have been informed by the PMC that all guests are required to "say something about themselves for 10 seconds".

I'm drawing a complete blank, any ideas?

Is reciting a couple of one-liners mickey taking either me or someone else present enough?

harrogate
10th Oct 2007, 10:48
You should say EXACTLY what you just typed.

:ok:

Mr_Hippo
10th Oct 2007, 10:50
"I have been asked to say a few short words -a, the, and, so, if, but, why, thanks"

WASALOADIE
10th Oct 2007, 11:23
Stand up - tell the audience that "you've got to talk for as long as the PMC makes love for" and then say "Thank You" and sit down again.

6Z3
10th Oct 2007, 14:17
Stand up and say: "PMC asked me to keep it short and clean, and certainly no longer than his. So I dangled it under the cold tap during ease springs" Then sit down.

TheStrawMan
10th Oct 2007, 18:59
If you were SAS you could say;
"My wife keeps complaining I am in and out without her noticing"

Pontius Navigator
10th Oct 2007, 20:28
If you were SAS you could say;
"My wife keeps complaining I am in and out without her noticing"

A touch not lost.

A dear friend, ex-Jolly, 83, snuck up, blew down daughters neck (58), kissed mother (82) and departed before they realised what had happened.

Chimp Boy
10th Oct 2007, 20:35
You could recite the complete unabridged history of the RAF

rodthesod
10th Oct 2007, 20:39
I'm drawing a complete blank, any ideas?

Just tell them all you know.

:E

buoy15
10th Oct 2007, 22:00
I suspect you may be Geordie or Liverpuddlian - which means, on average, it takes 10 secs to decypher every word - if you merely stand up, you should be ok!:p

muppetofthenorth
10th Oct 2007, 22:15
Yorkshire, actually.

So, close. ;)

Thanks to those who've replied, some moreso than others...

Strictly Jungly
11th Oct 2007, 08:21
"You could recite the complete unabridged history of the RAF"

:D

TorqueOfTheDevil
11th Oct 2007, 09:45
Is reciting a couple of one-liners mickey taking either me or someone else present enough?

Sorry, can't do that any more. Might be conceived as Harassment or Bullying or Ritual Humiliation. Against the RAF's Jobs for Wetpants policy, don't you know.

Then again, if you took the mickey out of yourself, then initiated a lawsuit for bullying (against yourself), and having been found guilty you could sue the MOD for creating a Corporate atmosphere (long ago, back when we joined) where humour and fun were once considered acceptable, which you were still scarred by when you made your crass and cruel remarks. You'd be set up for life:ok: