1st Oct 2007, 21:01
I have searched Lasors Sec G

'The LST may serve as a skill test for the
issue of the licence and a proficiency check for
the revalidation of the type rating for the
aeroplane used in the test, and may be combined
with the skill test for the issue of a multi-pilot type
rating.'

I am due to goto F.S end of month for my LPC. Within this 12hr 'renewal and refresher' (expensive) surely to god I dont then have to do another flight test as well on top of this??!!!

Anyone who has recently taken their ATPL out of permafrost can you tell me what am I to do? - jets are not cheap to be messing around doing further flight checks - LST, LPC can they seen to be one and the same?

p.s I'll ring the CAA when I get back from a trip but anyone can answer me in the meantime much appreciated as I am getting a bit confused - although it doesnt take much these days!:ok:

Shiny side down
2nd Oct 2007, 00:20
I believe I am correct in saying the following.

Assuming that you have all the other criteria covered (hours, exams etc) The next LPC can also serve as a Skills test for unfreezing the ATPL.
But remember, the examiner on the day must be able to confirm that the hours are sufficient, and he MUST tick the Skills test option on the form.
A letter from company can also help here if needed.

If he forgets to tick the SKILLS test box, and the paperwork is processed, This cannot be done retrospectively.

I believe the following are correct-
minimum, 1500hrs total time. Upto 50hrs simulator can also be used towards this.
500hrs Multicrew operations. JAR ATPL. (but not entirely certain about this aspect)
On the LST form the box for Skills test, or JAR skills test must be ticked in addition.

Following succesful completion. Hand Licence, logbook, forms to CAA, plus the horrendous bribe they now charge. about 3 days later a shiny green version of what you already had will turn up, with AT replacing CP.

Hopefully, this is all correct, but I have a handy fire extingiusher to hand for the flaming that may result!

redsnail
2nd Oct 2007, 00:32
DD,
Are you going to Farnborough FS? If so, speak to them as they are quite familiar with the LSP/LPC deal.

There's a couple more items you'll need to get checked for the LST on top of the LPC but it's no biggy. Call them.

From what colleagues have told me, FS in the US have had some paper work issues with doing LSTs for the unfreezing of an ATPL. So, a colleague did his LPC in the US and had to go to Farnborough to do the LST.

dynamite dean
2nd Oct 2007, 14:04
thanks chaps,

Rung the CAA today , and mentioned the extra aspect but couldnt tell me what it was. Anyway a TRE was handy today got the test forms with LST/LPC which does both and I see two extra add ons, one ILS raw data both engines; a two engine out glide!

anyway thanks for the answers...:ok: