PDA

View Full Version : B737 Classic. Auto-Slat operation.

Tee Emm
21st Aug 2007, 13:52
Simulator fidelity question. At gross weight of 50 tonnes and flap 1 selected and a demonstration of auto-slat is required. At approximately what IAS would you expect the auto-slats to actuate? Has anyone struck the situation under these conditions (simulator) where on auto-slat actuation, the leading edge devices "Disagree" amber light (forward panel) comes on in addition to the already green LED extended?

CaptainSandL
21st Aug 2007, 14:35
At flap 5 the autoslats usually deploy about 5 kts before the stick-shaker and a little later (approx 3kts) when PTU is in use (no hyd B). I would expect the same margins at flap 1.

BOAC
21st Aug 2007, 14:58
Unfortunately my tables give only Flap 0 and Flap 40. If it is any help, Vstickshake at Flap 0 at 50T is given as 159kts dropping to 130kts at Flap 40. I guess you may need to ask Boeing or a friendly Air Tester.:)

CaptainSandL
21st Aug 2007, 15:51
The actual speed is unimportant as it will depend upon the usual variables like thrust, loading, bank-angle, decelleration rate, etc. What should remain constant is the margin above stick-shaker that the autoslat will activate. This is usually about 3-5kts.