PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Flying Club

RossEA
4th Aug 2007, 22:02
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to put me in contact with Aberdeen Flying Club based at Aberdeen Airport, Scotland. A recent Google search does not bring up much contact information or a website, and a search of these forums brings up contact details from 7 years ago.

Many thanks,
Ross

Slopey
4th Aug 2007, 23:23
Aberdeen Flying Club then Flight Academy Scotland as it then became, now no longer exist, and training at Aberdeen is now done by Grampian Flying Club which was set up by AFC guys towards the end of the FAS debarcle.

See: http://www.grampianflyingclub.com/
or email: [email protected]
They don't man the clubhouse any more (quite a bit of it is self booking on the net for hires), there's only someone around when there's trial flights on or lessons. They were kicking about last week when I went for a bimble but it's usually quiet with just the Signature (handling and charter) guys there.
If you can't get hold of them via email (they're usually quite good), then pitching up on a (nice wx) saturday might do it, or I've got the phone number of one of their instructors if all else fails.
Cheers,
S.

RossEA
5th Aug 2007, 13:38
Thank you very much, if I need those numbers i'll send you a PM but for now I'll send an email to the club :) Many thanks!, Ross.

ComJam
5th Aug 2007, 16:33
Guys

Is Bill Anderson still involved in any way. Wondering what happened to him.

Cheers

MIKECR
5th Aug 2007, 16:54
I think Bill went off to fly for Citystar

youngskywalker
5th Aug 2007, 19:41
bill also still teaches at the club and is the CFI.

Unusual Attitude
6th Aug 2007, 08:50
Bill is indeed a FO with Citystar and very much enjoying it....

ComJam
6th Aug 2007, 10:58
Good to here that Bill's enjoying himself. I worked with him at Tayside for a few years, anybody have an email address for him, i'd appreciate it on a PM

Cheers

Unusual Attitude
7th Aug 2007, 09:57
You could probably get him on the Grampian Airways e-mail above, I do however have his mobile number if you want that on a PM?

Need to speak to him myself soonest actually as I need to revalidate my SEP rating thingy....

aberdeenloon
18th Sep 2008, 20:50
Hi all, I was wondering if Grampian flying club is still up and running? :confused:
I had a introductory flying lesson approx 10 years ago on G-BITH (a photo of which is my wallpaper, sad i know) and i promised myself i would be back, and try for a ppl, . Now the kids are up (17 & 21) I decided this was to be the year, but having recently read in the papers of Aberdeen Flying clubs demise, was wondering if they are/ were one in the same. If so where is now closest to ABZ and any idea of costs etc. any info gratefully recieved, Cheers

kui2324
18th Sep 2008, 21:48
Unfortunately Grampian Flying Club no longer exists.

Some of the local guys are trying to set up a local club (Dyce Flying Club [email protected]) but it's unlikely in the current economic climate that they will have the finances to buy an aircraft and run it. Although there is still an aircraft based locally available to hire.

Nearest for PPL training will be Dundee, Perth or Inverness.

KUI

tuscan
19th Sep 2008, 12:31
aberdeenloon,

My first lesson was in Tango Hotel about 9 years ago with Barry.

I have flown a lot with Highland Flying School, did my IMC and my SEP renewal. Fantastic bunch of guys up there and good rates as well. If you dont fancy the commute they can provide accomodation for a tenner a night.

Phone Peter on 01667462226

Athough Im based in Edinburgh most of my flying is done out of Dalcross as the weather, regardless of what others may say, is generally better on average than the rest of Scotland.

garrygaz
21st Sep 2008, 22:17
Hi,

Dundee and Inverness both have excellent training operations and although its a trek from Aberdeen to either, you'll be in the air quicker and you won't have to remortgage your house for the landing fees.

gasax
22nd Sep 2008, 15:01
Unfortunately it has always been like this.

Back in 1984 I gave up on training at Aberdeen and went to Dundee - plus ca change!