PDA

View Full Version : JAA PPL from Canadian PPL?

BeechNut
27th Jul 2007, 01:14
As the title says: is it doable for non EU resident, and if so, what is involved? Canadian PPL, 500+ hours, Night/On Top ratings. Might have reason to fly an F-reg aircraft in Africa eventually, on missionary work (requires PPL+650 hours to fly C182 medevacs). Not immediately, but in a few years when I retire and try to fly on someone else's coin...and do a bit of give-back to those in need.

Beech

IO540
28th Jul 2007, 06:24
AFAIK SoCal is right: all 6 or 7 JAA written exams, the CAA Class 2 medical, and a flight test.

BeechNut
2nd Aug 2007, 01:24
Thanks guys, sounds more complicated than I have the time for. I will instead investigate working for Hope Air in Canada (www.hopeair.org).

Plenty of people in need in my own back yard, and I can put my plane to good use.

Beech

S-Works
2nd Aug 2007, 14:16
It seems to be a damn site harder than getting a Canadian license.

I turned up at Transport Canada last week with my licenses in hand and they printed me out a nice shiny Canadian license complete with Class I Instrument rating on the spot. What very nice people!!

I have spent the last week cruising around Nova Scotia. The Bay of Fundy yesterday was very nice!!!!